PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

bcampbe7
02-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Anyone here use PayPal?
I use it to buy things but have never used it to accept payment. I on ly use my Discover card with PayPal and do not have my bank information on there. Can I still accept payment or do I need to put my bank information on PayPal? :confused:

ski_king
02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I have accepted payment and had it credited to the credit card I have on file with PayPal.

jayocheskey
02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
It is the most convenient and secure way to accept payment from all over the world. It's especially useful for ebayers. I have even paid a friend for a weekend trip using PayPal - all you need is the other person's paypal username to send money or a request for money.

Foiler
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
I opened up a seperate (free) checking acount just for paypal dealings...ebay or what ever. I only transfer what I need in there at the time. That way I'm not giving out info to my main banking accounts, not sure how everyone else does it. I heard ebay bought paypal.

Maristar210
I have used it for years. It is great if you are the buyer as you pay no fee. But if you are the seller they charge you three percent which is fair in most cases except when you get into the high dollar items. If you sell a $40000 boat on e-bay and accept PayPal they will get $1200 of your 40k. Not many people allow this but for me it can sting a little on the sale of a $2500 dirt bike or similar. Very secure though and makes buying too easy in some cases.

Good Luck

Steve

bcampbe7
Yeah, I use it to buy stuff from eBay and such but have never accepted payment for something. I was just curious if I had to give them my bank account info or just use my credit card.
I suppose I can just leave the money in there and use it to buy whatever else it is I buy next. :)

Maristar210
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I heard ebay bought paypal.

True. PayPal is wholly owned by e-Bay

Steve

RackAtak
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I use it to buy stuff from eBay and such but have never accepted payment for something. I was just curious if I had to give them my bank account info or just use my credit card.
I suppose I can just leave the money in there and use it to buy whatever else it is I buy next. :)
When I get paid through PayPal the money sits there as a credit until I make a purchase and I pay through PayPal. At that time any money I have in my PayPal account from prior sales is credited toward my current purchase. They do have my checking account and credit card on file.

Foiler
02-02-2006, 04:05 PM

You can leave the money in there or just tranfer it to another account.
If I understand your question correctly, You shouldn't have to give any information...paypal should already have it.

bcampbe7
02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks all!

AirJunky
02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Yep, I've been using Paypal for a few years now. And I have a Mastercard debit card for the account so when there is money in the acct, I can use it anywhere that takes an MC.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Yes, I too have one. No worries about the accounts I have with them. So far, so good. And I love paying for stuff with my Discover card on it, they pay the fee, and I get 1% cash back on my purchases..:D

Leroy
02-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes, used a little. REceived payment to account for item and have sent and received from my bank account.