PDA

View Full Version : Mayor of New Orleans STRIKES AGAIN!

TMCNo1
02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
NBC Nightly news showed the mayor in washington saying FEMA had WATERMELLONS on the shelf for his people after the storm. Worked for me! I guess the feds had all KFC"S under their control for the their own use!

lakes Rick
02-01-2006, 10:59 PM
yeah but the Popeyes were frying strong......

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I can't believe he still holds his position in office, and if they re-elect him, there is something really wrong down there :rolleyes:

lakes Rick
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I can't believe he still holds his position in office, and if they re-elect him, there is something really wrong down there :rolleyes:

No different than reelecting Marion " cokehead" Berry....

Racism has no colors..... Its a Rainbow.....

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 11:36 PM
If he does get re-elected. It would say alot about that entire area. That is for sure.:confused:

bucky
02-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I have family in N.O. and those people love him. They blame everything on the feds.

If he does get re-elected. It would say alot about that entire area. That is for sure.:confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 11:51 PM
I have family in N.O. and those people love him. They blame everything on the feds.
Well, I can see that. Who doesn't blame everything on them....... It's easy to do. They must like him because he is excellent at pointing his finger at others who could be to blame...

"It was them!!!"

jayocheskey
02-01-2006, 11:53 PM
The mayor of NO needs to have a sit-down with Donald Trump? "YOU'RE FIRED"

twieder
02-01-2006, 11:56 PM
There was some woman ABC interviewed and her comment was something to the effect that the fed government was responsible for the mess in N.O. and that if a disaster hits where you live, a mess is what you should expect. I say no, I don't live in a HOLE ,and I pay my INSURANCE because I have a JOB!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 11:56 PM
You just made his next slogan...... "NO mayor"

bucky
02-02-2006, 12:04 AM
I saw a soundbite interview with the former FEMA chief after he was let go. Apparently FEMA was calling NO the week before Katrina and for 3 days after, and the Mayor kept telling them "evrything is under control. We're handling this. We have a plan for this." at the end of the third day the Mayor's on the TV blaming the gov't for abandoning NO. What an idiot. If I lived their, I would want my mayor prosecuted.

erkoehler
02-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I saw a soundbite interview with the former FEMA chief after he was let go. Apparently FEMA was calling NO the week before Katrina and for 3 days after, and the Mayor kept telling them "evrything is under control. We're handling this. We have a plan for this." at the end of the third day the Mayor's on the TV blaming the gov't for abandoning NO. What an idiot. If I lived their, I would want my mayor prosecuted.

I don't know about prosecuted, but he should be fired or resign.....

tommcat
02-02-2006, 07:38 AM
the govt should take back all of our money and let NO enjoy themselves. they like this idiot? they can deal with him.
give me back my vanilla money dammit

Leroy
02-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I like the Mayor also, although he has clearly made some big mistakes.

Political correctness will never be the same again!

BrianM
02-02-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't know about prosecuted, but he should be fired or resign.....

There is a mayoral election in April. It was supposed to be this past November but due to the storm was postponed. I'm guessing he won't be re-elected. But, this is New Orleans and stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I like the Mayor also,

as he backs away slowly.....................:o

Leroy
02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Walking, running !

milkmania
02-02-2006, 09:23 AM
But, this is New Orleans and stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/vert.jpg
I can agree:cool:

Granite_33
02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
There is a mayoral election in April. It was supposed to be this past November but due to the storm was postponed. I'm guessing he won't be re-elected. But, this is New Orleans and stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

DC Mayor Marion Barry. Crack. Whores. Re-elected!!

BrianM
02-02-2006, 11:07 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CITY OF NEW ORLEANS OFFICE OF THE MAYOR

After receiving much criticism regarding his statement that New
Orleans will remain a chocolate city, Mayor Ray Nagin has clarified his
comments, stating that his quote was taken out of context. In clarifying
his position, he emphasized that although the majority of the city will be
chocolate, the French Quarter will remain tutti-frutti.

Comment from BrianM: Anyone that has been to or lived in New Orleans will understand ;)

erkoehler
02-02-2006, 11:11 AM
OH, Nice :rant:

TMCNo1
02-02-2006, 03:40 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CITY OF NEW ORLEANS OFFICE OF THE MAYOR

After receiving much criticism regarding his statement that New
Orleans will remain a chocolate city, Mayor Ray Nagin has clarified his
comments, stating that his quote was taken out of context. In clarifying
his position, he emphasized that although the majority of the city will be
chocolate, the French Quarter will remain tutti-frutti.

Comment from BrianM: Anyone that has been to or lived in New Orleans will understand ;) Now that's funny, don't care who you are, now that's funny!

SkiDog
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Has ANYBODY heard that the city of New Orleans has the most corrupted government in the entire country! At least 50% of the elected AND appointed have been investigated about something or someone they tried to screw! :eek:

TMCNo1
02-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Has ANYBODY heard that the city of New Orleans has the most corrupted government in the entire country! At least 50% of the elected AND appointed have been investigated about something or someone they tried to screw! :eek:
SKIDOG, when i grow up i wanna be a boat mekeneck just like FRED, wear them floweredy hiwarunin shirts go to STATE FAIRS, FAMILY REUNIONS, CORN SHUCKINS, BARN RAISIN'S AND GOAT F------'S and he ain't never seed nothin like us!

milkmania
02-02-2006, 05:57 PM
SKIDOG, when i grow up i wanna be a boat mekeneck just like FRED, wear them floweredy hiwarunin shirts go to STATE FAIRS, FAMILY REUNIONS, CORN SHUCKINS, BARN RAISIN'S AND GOAT F------'S and he ain't never seed nothin like us!

what?!?!?!?!?
you said Goat F------'s and you say I ain't quite right?http://aritah.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

http://aritah.com/images/smilies/abovelol.gif

TMCNo1
02-02-2006, 06:02 PM
MILK, you made my day, LOL, laughing at myself, laughing out loud. I'm have trouble keepin' up with all this stuff......their coming to take me away hohohehehaha.......

SkiDog
02-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey Milk, I can just see it now, Harold & myself trying to wake you up AFTER one of the reunions that we have attended. You would NEVER be the same again!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey Milk, I can just see it now, Harold & myself trying to wake you up AFTER one of the reunions that we have attended. You would NEVER be the same again!!!!!!!
Now i know why the attendees are shrinking at reunions, they can't go 3 days on 3 hours sleep. You went to bed at 3, got up at 5 after laughing all night long and trying to hold a flashlight in your mouth while polishing your underwater gear and getting condoms off your guide bars. Come to think of it i'm gettin too old for that stuff too.

twieder
02-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Two words for New Orleans...........LAND FILL!!!! :banana:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Two words for New Orleans...........LAND FILL!!!! :banana:
All kidding aside, with the weather the way it is, and the water temps where they will go this year, we are going to see more than normal hurricanes this year. So I would not be surprised to see that all over again. Well they "then" decide it is bad idea to live below sea level NEXT TO THE SEA!!!! I hope they start thinking about that before they take more of my money and dump it into that dump.

BrianM
02-03-2006, 08:47 AM
All kidding aside, with the weather the way it is, and the water temps where they will go this year, we are going to see more than normal hurricanes this year. So I would not be surprised to see that all over again. Well they "then" decide it is bad idea to live below sea level NEXT TO THE SEA!!!! I hope they start thinking about that before they take more of my money and dump it into that dump.

Tell us how you really feel.

Keep in mind that New Orleans is a major port city. Lots of oil and gas comes off of the Louisiana coast and something like 30% of the coffee in th US comes through New Orleans.

Louisiana is the source of about 15 percent of U.S.-produced petroleum, much of it from the Gulf. The local refineries are critical to American infrastructure. Were all of these facilities to be lost, the effect on the price of oil worldwide would be extraordinarily painful.

Today, New Orleans is the number one coffee port in the country. Around 241,000 tons of green coffee or 27.8 percent of the coffee that entered the United States

The ports of South Louisiana and New Orleans, which run north and south of the city, are as important today as at any point during the history of the republic. On its own merit, the Port of South Louisiana is the largest port in the United States by tonnage and the fifth-largest in the world. It exports more than 52 million tons a year, of which more than half are agricultural products -- corn, soybeans and so on. A larger proportion of U.S. agriculture flows out of the port. Almost as much cargo, nearly 57 million tons, comes in through the port -- including not only crude oil, but chemicals and fertilizers, coal, concrete and so on.

Think about that when you are sipping on your latte on your way to work in your new gas guzzling SUV!

Don't get me wrong here. New Orleans is kind of a hole but quite honestly this hurricane seems to have cleansed the city. I do believe that it will be better than it was before and probably about half the size for the forseeable future which is a good thing.

This garbage about it being a bad idea to live below sea level is just naive. There are cities all over the world that are prone to flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, ice storms etc. Look at the Dutch nearly the whole country is below sea level and prone to storm surge yet they have devised a system of protection that works. How about San Fran or LA which may very well fall into the earth. You can go on and on.

Ric
02-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Don't get me wrong here. New Orleans is kind of a hole but quite honestly this hurricane seems to have cleansed the city. I do believe that it will be better than it was before and probably about half the size for the forseeable future which is a good thing.

I think I know where the leftovers from NO's cleansing are :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-03-2006, 10:51 AM
What's a latte???? Gas guzzling SUV.... I wouldn't go so far to say 20mpg is gas guzzling..now the 6-10mpg gas suckin' car I dream about, now that will be somethin' to complain about.:D
Not to mention the $45.00 a gallon nitromethane I need to run in some of my toys. But that a whole different subject.

Back to the rebuild. I guess I see your point. Sure it would be worth having it, but as I understand it. That same area may be subject to some more serious weather this year, and so on. Can it be built to withstand even more serious storms that are being predicted? Some are saying with the weather changes happening throughout the globe, we are going to see much larger and more frequent storms. Can they sustain these storms over and over again?

Tell us how you really feel.

Keep in mind that New Orleans is a major port city. Lots of oil and gas comes off of the Louisiana coast and something like 30% of the coffee in th US comes through New Orleans.

Think about that when you are sipping on your latte on your way to work in your new gas guzzling SUV!

This garbage about it being a bad idea to live below sea level is just naive. There are cities all over the world that are prone to flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, ice storms etc. Look at the Dutch nearly the whole country is below sea level and prone to storm surge yet they have devised a system of protection that works. How about San Fran or LA which may very well fall into the earth. You can go on and on.