PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Switch Wiring

Tom023
02-01-2006, 07:05 PM
On my X30 I have two prewired but unused accessory switches. On each switch, there is a power wire "in", a ground wire which I believe is for the switch illumination, and the power wire "out" to control the accessory. The "out" wires are orange in color and disappear into the wiring harness under the dash.

I know MC prewires for all available options, does anybody know what these wires go to? or tell me what options are controlled by these switches if it came that way from the factory?

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
On my X30 I have two prewired but unused accessory switches. On each switch, there is a power wire "in", a ground wire which I believe is for the switch illumination, and the power wire "out" to control the accessory. The "out" wires are orange in color and disappear into the wiring harness under the dash.

I know MC prewires for all available options, does anybody know what these wires go to? or tell me what options are controlled by these switches if it came that way from the factory?

Do you have radio, heater, shower, or interior lighting? Those all can take an acc. spot.

Tom023
02-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I have the radio and interior lighting, so it could be heater or shower. I was also thinking tower lights. I've been all through the boat and have never seen the other end of these wires anywhere.

DanC
02-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I found two unused, unterminated orange wires labeled ACC1 and ACC2 tied into the wire bundle behind the dash, not between the dash and the fiberglass, more like in the bundle above the driver's feet, kinda towards the "computer".

Came prewired from the factory, typically for the heater, shower or rotating disco ball :guitar:

Tom023
02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks Dan, sounds like they may just be tied up in the bundle then as mine are in the same place. I'll dig into the harness a little deeper.

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks Dan, sounds like they may just be tied up in the bundle then as mine are in the same place. I'll dig into the harness a little deeper.

I had to "fish" around alittle bit on my 96 190 to find the ACC wiring, but it is/was definetly under there. When you look under the dash, they'll be up inside a hole about the size of a cup holder.