PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Design Problem

JIMMYH
09-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Got an '02 Mastercraft 230 Tandem Trailer. Guide poles go through the back side of the extended fender. Everytime you bump the guide pole it chips and cracks the gel coat on the trailer. Does anyone know if they have a rubber "O" ring or something similar that could fit in the cut out for the guide pole?
Would appreciate some ideas. Thanks

Stritt
09-15-2004, 03:08 AM
Try to loosen the bolts and reset the pole and tighten the bolts evenly. This helps. They do make something, because my 197 tandem has them. Although, other than the anniversary trailers, I have not seen them on any other tandems.

JimN
09-15-2004, 07:34 AM
If you mean that the pole is chipping the gelcoat at the hole in the fender, remove the pole, file the hole bigger on an angle all the way around and smooth the hole and gelcoat afterward. You may also be able to rotate the pole a bit to get more clearance, since it goes in on an angle relative to the fender.

H20skeefreek
09-15-2004, 08:04 AM
just don't hit the pole. :D

"hey doc, it hurts when i go like this."

"so don't go like that."

Smitty
09-15-2004, 10:41 AM
I agree with the fender chipping. I have had the same problem with my Maristar 230. It is so bad that I am thinking about replacing my fenders. But at $350 a pop, that does not include installation, I hesitate to be another fender. Don't you think that the Stainless fenders they put on the anniversary editions would be a nice option or upgrade for standard trailers?

JimN
09-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Why not just have them repaired? It wouldn't cost as much as replacement and if you want a plastic ring inserted, that would be the time to do it.

east tx skier
09-15-2004, 11:00 AM
I just noticed some spider cracks on my 11 year old fender. Where would I take it to get repairs done before it gets any worse?

JimN
09-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Any fiberglass repair shop, most body shops, etc. If you call a dealer near you, they can refer you to whoever they use.

Stritt
09-15-2004, 04:38 PM
fyi, the anniversary trailers still have fiberglass steps. But the ss fenders do add some character.