PDA

View Full Version : MB boats??

Bobby
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
OK, what are these, are they comparable to MC's, and just generally what do you all know about them? I know of one in OKC that could be in my range and I'm fairly certain that I'm selling my S&S and upgrading to a mid 90's boat of some sort. Thanks in advance.

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
mb sports, mike brendell . same founder of ski brendella. great boats. i had the 190plus before my mc. only draw back is they dont track as well as an mc and have a bump at 22off. otherwise build and reliablity is good. i sold the boat with 500 hours and never had any problems. only routine maintenence.

BrianM
02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Rod had one. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

From what I know pretty nice boats but not up to the fit and finish of the big 3.

Edit: He beat me to the post. I told ya.

east tx skier
02-01-2006, 04:32 PM
A while back, in one thread or another, there was a consensus that from 95 and up, they were using molds purchased from MC (presumably the 91--94 prostar hull). I'm not 100% on that, but there has been discussion about it in the past.

Of course, that says nothing about the overall build quality of the boat compared to MC. As to that, I know nothing that would guide you one way or the other.

AirJunky
02-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Mike Brendel's company (of Brendella). Some really heavy, well built boats. Someone told me they had one of the thickest hull layups in the industry. Graphics are in the glass as opposed to a decal on it. Uses PCM running gear (prop spins the same way as a CC) so it pulls left when backing up. Lots of billet on board, speaker grills, vents, knobs, etc.
Usually pretty spendy. I've only Sky Skied behind them & they kicked out a pretty good wake.

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 04:38 PM
the only mc hull used was by brendella in 87' which was an 85' mc. mb sports have there own hull design. i'd put build quality up there with the big three. however tracking on the course is not comparble to the big three. better than your 84' though.

lakes Rick
02-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I looked at these in Beaverton Oregon... MORE expensive than MC boats....... Its been a few years, but I remember walking away after looking at prices, softly whispering HOLY SH_T!!!!!!

Nice looking boats... One had a black wetsuit interior.. All I could think of is it looked like it would be HOT sitting on these seat when in the sun.....

AirJunky
02-01-2006, 04:39 PM
A while back, in one thread or another, there was a consensus that from 95 and up, they were using molds purchased from MC (presumably the 91--94 prostar hull).
Knowing Mike Brendel's reputation as a boat builder, I'd highly doubt that.

east tx skier
02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, where were you guys in the previous thread.

/disregard disregard!!!
//do a google image search for mb sports 190. I'd say, at the least, there are similarities.

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 04:53 PM
not really....

it will gone soon becuase it belonged to me so get a good looknow!

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
if you look closely you'll see the bum with the bandana behind the boat. he offers to do your wipe down for 3 bucks.

east tx skier
02-01-2006, 04:57 PM
if you look clsely you'll see the bum wiht the bandana behind the boat. he offers to do your wipe down for 3 bucks.

MY EYES! MY EYES! :uglyhamme

Sort of a happy ending for your ski boat. Makes sense.

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 05:00 PM
so before anyone asks why i sold it...
it was because it tracked badly and i saw the TT at the dealership.

Tom023
02-01-2006, 05:03 PM
No experience with them but I did stop by the dealer to take a look. Not nearly the fit and finished that I am used to in my MC, so I moved on rather quickly, although they may be fine boats.

Hoosier Bob
02-01-2006, 05:26 PM
The back may be a little different but I would say it looks a lot like an early 90's 205 hull. Not having them side by side I think it very much resembles an early hull. Molds can be cut and adjusted to some degree I believe. :D :twocents: not really....

it will gone soon becuase it belonged to me so get a good looknow!

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 05:28 PM
its shorter than the 205, nothing is really close. it is very different.

east tx skier
02-01-2006, 05:29 PM
The back may be a little different but I would say it looks a lot like an early 90's 205 hull. Not having them side by side I think it very much resembles an early hull. Molds can be cut and adjusted to some degree I believe. :D :twocents:

Rod, yours was a 2000, right? Get on google and check out the pics of the 95 and 97 that will come up.

Those little notches on the side toward the front look familiar though (not that that means anything).

Hoosier Bob
02-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Allright it looks like an early 90's 190 hull! Is it still shorter? :D
I am sure the molds were'nt used but the simularities in the pics probably helped to start the rumor. its shorter than the 205, nothing is really close. it is very different.

rodltg2
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
yep, mine was a 2000, look at the inside , i think the 205 is wider and shorter.. it could have been an mc based hull but it just doesnt seem like it.

jimmer2880
02-02-2006, 06:32 AM
my buddy just picked up a late 90's, early 00's MB 190. His & my ps190 look like nearly identical hulls. Very very small differences.

But - I haven't had a chance to ski behind it yet, or drive it through the course.

skisix@38
02-02-2006, 08:49 AM
yep, mine was a 2000, look at the inside , i think the 205 is wider and shorter.. it could have been an mc based hull but it just doesnt seem like it.

The 190 and 190 plus use the 94 MC 190 hull and have for years now. They did put rails going down the long axis the reduce the spray coming off and it made a marginal improvement but, it also chopped up the water and made it easy to cavitate the prop while turn hard under load. The interior is ok and the build quality is ok. I didn't like the helm of the 2005 190 plus at all. The driver seat was to tall and not supportive and it was on a swivel base that left me with the impression that it could break off at any minute. The boat I skied and drove had 50 hrs on it.

The one I drove tracked like a bass boat but I think that the factory sets the boats up for open water and speed. With a little set up tweaking there's no reason they couldn't track well. My 94 MC tracked great. For the $$ they ask I would rather go with the top three.