PDA

View Full Version : 91 Prostar Windshield

Duluth
02-01-2006, 07:17 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement windshield (center section) for a 1991 Prostar. I tried Taylor Made, but they told me that it is beyond their 7 year support period. I am trying to find a replacement for a friend since a tree fell on his boat during a storm.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 08:42 AM
I have heard that they sell their "molds" to other companies. Did you ask if they could provide you with a company that could still make one for you?

Not that it is much help, but I thought there was a company in Florida that could help with glass on boats beyond the infamous "7".

And I think there was a windshield frame company in Tennessee that buys all the old extrusions for duplicating frames. I'll see if I still have this info when I get a chance.

I am going off memory here, so I may actually have the states in reverse, but I'll look into it.

pilot02
02-01-2006, 08:46 AM
If you don't have any luck in any other suggestions, check the mechanics at your local airport. They sometimes have to make replacement windows for older planes which are shaped and I'm told it's not that difficult.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Isn't the center section of a '91 practically straight? Or is there a little curve to it, I don't recall.

atlfootr
02-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Anyone know where I can get a replacement windshield, (center section) for a 1991 Prostar.I'll make a call for you and post again before lunch. :cool:

Brn85ss
02-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Try Marineglassspecialties.com

atlfootr
02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Need you to measure the windshield for me exactly, from the top to bottom and side to side. There's a 2 inch difference between the '91 model.

east tx skier
02-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I seem to recall BAWS hooking someone up with old prostar glass. Jim?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement windshield (center section) for a 1991 Prostar. I tried Taylor Made, but they told me that it is beyond their 7 year support period. I am trying to find a replacement for a friend since a tree fell on his boat during a storm.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Try this place, I think they can help you, let me know.
Boat Windshields By Lawrence
1924 Jutland Dr Ste 9
Harvey, LA 70058-2359
(504) 328-1589

Duluth
02-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi,
It took me quite a while to get the information from my friend as to the dimensions of the 91 prostar windshield. The top metal rail was bent and the glass was smashed as the tree had fallen in this area. This is not a walk thru windshield. As to what we seem to have measured, the bottom measurement across the radius of the metal bracket is 54-1/2"(this is measuring the curvature, not directly from point to point). To the best we can measure the same measurement on the top is about 51". The measurement from the top to bottom is about 22" high.

Thanks for your assistance, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kent

east tx skier
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Just noticed a windshield for sale in the market place.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi,
It took me quite a while to get the information from my friend as to the dimensions of the 91 prostar windshield. The top metal rail was bent and the glass was smashed as the tree had fallen in this area. This is not a walk thru windshield. As to what we seem to have measured, the bottom measurement across the radius of the metal bracket is 54-1/2"(this is measuring the curvature, not directly from point to point). To the best we can measure the same measurement on the top is about 51". The measurement from the top to bottom is about 22" high.

Thanks for your assistance, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kent
Did you try and of these places listed in this thread yet?