PDA

View Full Version : MS WALK / Footin For MS

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Ok guys, it is that time of the year again.....I am starting to look for sponsors for our yearly MS walk. Normally, you walk 7 miles, but there are a few of us who choose to put the miles on while footin down the Fox River in St. Charles IL. :D The event starts at 9am on May 7, 2006 and we will begin skiing/footin soon there after!

The water will be frigid :eek: to say the least, and we will be taking one for the team to stay on the water as long as possible. So, dig deep into your pockets and help me out!!!! You can donate anywhere from $5 and up. :worthy:

This is the link to donate:

Just go to this link and search for my first and last name:

Eric Koehler

http://events.msillinois.org/site/TR?fr_id=1100&pg=pfind

I will be out there for my Aunt who has had MS for over 10 years, and struggles with the disease every day :(

So, if you are able to help me out, that would be AWESOME....thanks Eric

Here are some pics from past events.....

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 07:22 PM
:woohoo: 9-man boom run off of Rockman's boat :D

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 07:23 PM
More footin in the freezin water :eek:

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Hangin out on the water.....

André
01-31-2006, 07:25 PM
:woohoo: 9-man boom run off of Rockman's boat :D
Great pix!
How do they start? :confused:

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Great pix!
How do they start? :confused:

Have to climb out of the boat while it is going :eek:

Footin
01-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Very cool Erkle, my Mother-in-Law has MS and I think what you are doing is great thing.

Mag_Red
01-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Have to climb out of the boat while it is going :eek:At least you don't have to get into that freezin water! :D I seriously don't know how you all up North do it...........I hate walking out the door when it's 30 degrees

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 08:08 PM
At least you don't have to get into that freezin water! :D I seriously don't know how you all up North do it...........I hate walking out the door when it's 30 degrees

We do get in the water, multiple times during the course of the day. We do everything from deeps, longlines, boom runs, wakeboarding, skiing, and some slalom.

Just have to raise some $$$

Dan K
01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Erkle,
My wife struggles with this disease as well. Doesn't stop her from being a great boat driver though. Great cause, and a great way to make your love of the sport help others.
:worthy:

bcampbe7
01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
I think it is great that you are doing this Eric!

The link is not working for me. Is it working for everyone else? Did TT overload the site?

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 09:44 PM

Eric Koehler

Andyg
01-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Erkle,

That is awesome. My mom has been diagnosed with MS for over 20 years. We have been doing any MS Harley ride the past couple of years. If you need an more footers let me know I would be glad to come down. I will definetly help out your cause. Thanks for the creative effort in raising the money for such a great cause.

Andyg
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Eric Koehler

When I found your name and it is listed twice. Is there a particular one you want pledges for. The choices are Jan's fans or gemco.

Thanks

Andyg

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
When I found your name and it is listed twice. Is there a particular one you want pledges for. The choices are Jan's fans or gemco.

Thanks

Andyg

You can make the donations under the JANS FANS one, that is the one that does the skiing.

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 11:33 PM

Thanks

Andyg

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOUR AWESOME!!!!!

bucky
01-31-2006, 11:48 PM
I read your post about jan's fans, went straight to the site, and donated to the exact wrong one! sorry, you'll just have to take it on the "gemco" one.

erkoehler
01-31-2006, 11:51 PM
I read your post about jan's fans, went straight to the site, and donated to the exact wrong one! sorry, you'll just have to take it on the "gemco" one.

Thats cool, that is my Aunt's team...I donate to that one also!

BUCKY, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!

firstmc
02-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Everyone reach in their pockets for $25.. Its for a great cause. I know your not stingy... you own a Mastercraft!!! Just trying to help this guy out...

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Everyone reach in their pockets for $25.. Its for a great cause. I know your not stingy... you own a Mastercraft!!! Just trying to help this guy out...

Ryan,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Bcampbe7,

Thanks for the support, it is greatly appreciated :D

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 01:01 AM
:D Twieder, thanks for your great support!

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Rockman, you ready for this event?

Dan K
02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Erkle,
I am glad your link is now working. Keep up the good work.

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 10:32 PM
EVERYONE THAT HAS DONATED,

THANKS FOR THE GENEROUS DONATION AND SUPPORT!!! :headbang:

erkoehler
02-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Erkle,
I am glad your link is now working. Keep up the good work.

It took a bit of work, but I think I got it all setup now. Hopefully it will be a successful event this year :)

quincyfirefighter
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
EVERYONE THAT HAS DONATED,

THANKS FOR THE GENEROUS DONATION AND SUPPORT!!! :headbang:
No problem. You are the man :D Just glad I could help out in some small way. ;)

RackAtak
02-02-2006, 12:00 AM
$25.00 to "gemco" I didn't read through the thread until now...It all ends up in the same place :)

erkoehler
02-02-2006, 12:01 AM
$25.00 to "gemco" I didn't read through the thread until now...It all ends up in the same place :)

YOUR AWESOME, it doesn't matter which team....it all benefits the MS Society!!!

TonyB
02-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Erkle,
My wife struggles with this disease as well. Doesn't stop her from being a great boat driver though. Great cause, and a great way to make your love of the sport help others.
:worthy:

My wife also struggles with MS. She's been diagnosed with MS since 1987. She no longer drives for me tho' as the heat is devastating to her. She has trouble getting in and out of the boat. Also, she has lost quite a bit of the use of her right (throttle) hand. I suppose if I got PP and a bimini top that would improve things.

We send a big check every year to the MS Society.

Thanks erk for your work.

erkoehler
02-03-2006, 06:26 PM
My wife also struggles with MS. She's been diagnosed with MS since 1987. She no longer drives for me tho' as the heat is devastating to her. She has trouble getting in and out of the boat. Also, she has lost quite a bit of the use of her right (throttle) hand. I suppose if I got PP and a bimini top that would improve things.

We send a big check every year to the MS Society.

Thanks erk for your work.

My Aunt has many of the same symptoms, and struggles on a day-to-day basis. She doesn't really come out on the boat very often because her balance isn't that great, and it is tough for her to get in and out of the boat. We try to get her out on the water atleast once a year though.

Dan K
02-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Tony B,
I completely understand about your wife having trouble with the heat. I have a lot of respect for anybody that has this disease and keeps it all together, becuase I know it takes alot. The Bimini would help since sunlight itself isn't that good for MS patients.

erkoehler
03-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Just thought I would give this thread a bump.....one more month, and I'll start getting the boat and my feet ready for the event!!! :banana: