PDA

View Full Version : 303

sizzler
01-31-2006, 07:16 AM
hey eastie....finally found somewhere over here that sells this stuff...bought myself a whole load of it and have gone to work on everything....boat,inflatables,toys ,covers,hot tub cover.......

i hope it works.....

or i'll be over

mrcrowson
01-31-2006, 07:48 AM
I just got some this christmas, I started doing the same and WOW IT REALLY WORKS NICE! :worthy:

ski_king
01-31-2006, 07:52 AM
I think Team MasterCraft membership kits should include a bottle of 303.

and maybe the X-30 should be renamed the X-303

milkmania
01-31-2006, 09:37 AM
I think Team MasterCraft membership kits should include a bottle of 303.

just sent 303 an e-mail......

maybe we can appeal to their senses:cool:

east tx skier
01-31-2006, 10:06 AM
hey eastie....finally found somewhere over here that sells this stuff...bought myself a whole load of it and have gone to work on everything....boat,inflatables,toys ,covers,hot tub cover.......

i hope it works.....

or i'll be over

It's looking like I'll be over in late May.

milkmania
01-31-2006, 10:12 AM
we could work some kind of deal like this, I guess:confused:

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=freesample

Free Large Size Samples
For just $5.00 Shipping and Handling you receive FREE 2oz. bottles each of three 303 Products.

303 Aerospace Protectant
The World's Most Pretective, Logest-Lasting UV-Screening Protection for Vinyl, Rubber and Fiberglass, Plastics & Leather.

303 Cleaner and Spot Remover
New, Unique, Safe & Effective "Colloidal Action" Cleaner for vinyl, fabric and any water-safe material. Non-Toxic and Biodegradable.

303 Shower Shield
Long Lasting Protection for people that HATE cleaning the shower.

You'll Also Receive:

303 Instant Windshield Washer Tablets
On tablet makes 1 gallon of the best windshield washer cleaner you've ever used.

303 Wiper Treatment
Stops annoying smearing, skipping and chattering! Makes wiper blades work like new! And keeps snow and ice from sticking to treated blades. One applicator packet treats 2 - 3 wiper blades.

303 Sonic Blast
Repairs, Restores and Cleans Compact Discs, DVDs, Game Discs and More !

Plus!!! - 303's Full color illustrated easy to follow brochures; loaded with Tech Information and Product Literature, Care and Maintenance Type and Manufacturer recommendations.

milkmania
01-31-2006, 11:10 AM
UPDATE!

just received a phone call from Roger at 303products, outstanding guy! (within an hour of my email)

he's wanting to learn more about Team MasterCraft, and I want to get him in contact with the right people.....

help me out guys, who do I need to send him to?

I see that altfootr used the contact of Jane Dunigan (jane.dunigan@mastercraft.com), but I don't know her or her role in Mastercraft.

I see Chris Wingo is the Team MasterCraft manager & Jason Boertje is the Corporate Communications Manager.

but do you guys have their email addresses?

Ric
01-31-2006, 01:39 PM
maybe he needs a list of MC dealers? I dont even know if my local dealer carries 303 but they may...

G-man
01-31-2006, 03:38 PM
milkmania

303 is great for use as blinker fluid also, it's just a little hard to get in the blinking reservoir

ski_king
01-31-2006, 04:15 PM
The local off road and truck shop has smalll free samples on the counter (the size of a wet-nap). They seem to disappear the day they put them out though.

rodltg2
01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
smells just like amor all and the turtle wax protectant. is it the same
sh!t?

east tx skier
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Since MC says not to use armor all, but says 303 is okay, my initial hunch is that it is not the same (unless they have a promo deal with 303). Supposedly Armor all dries out the vinyl.

milkmania
01-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Dennis was very clear on the phone that they are very different molecularly.

I did learn that the reason it is called 303 is because in the aviation field, everything has to be accounted for, absolutely everything.... if I remember right, 300 series is chemical products and the 200 series in aviation is for hardware series.... or something to that effect.... my notes say 300 series is the blueprint # for chemicals according to the aviation industry.

when this product came about, it was strictly for aviation

Also, 303 has an SPF of 40

milkmania
01-31-2006, 04:52 PM
the phone numbers on my caller ID this morning were
Roger Dyer 1-530-549-8233
Dennis ? 1-530-549-5617

in one of Roger's e-mails, he sent me a toll free number 1-800-223-4303
he went on to say questions or comments were very welcome, and he'd like to find out more about TMC's membership package

here's the second e-mail content
Since you expressed a technical interest in 303 A. Protectant, here's additional info one some of the subjects we touched on, FYI:

Vinyl:

Pamphlet: What you need to know about vinyl. We have the text posted on 303's website, address standard vinyl and clear vinyl (isinglass), here's that: http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=feature.display&feature_id=18

One of 303's larger "vinyl" customers. About 30,000 sq. ft. of vinyl decal advertising surface per blimp. Purpose: Keeping the advertising area clean; UV screening. http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=425

Gelcoat fiberglass:

General information....note the trick for trailered boats....to keep the gelcoat looking "showroom new" year after year, and negating the necessity of buffing and waxing: http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=380

Detail: Using too much/not wiping it completely dry. Problem this causes and how to correct:
http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=311

Boat Trailer Tires: We didn't talk about this use for 303 A. Protectant. Solves this very common problem shared by RVers and car collectors: http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=378

Enjoy. Please contact me with any questions. RKD

Ric
01-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Dennis was very clear on the phone that they are very different molecularly.

I did learn that the reason it is called 303 is because in the aviation field, everything has to be accounted for, absolutely everything.... if I remember right, 300 series is chemical products and the 200 series in aviation is for hardware series.... or something to that effect.... my notes say 300 series is the blueprint # for chemicals according to the aviation industry.

when this product came about, it was strictly for aviation

Also, 303 has an SPF of 40

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!!!! I can even spray it on my head as a sunscreen!

rodltg2
01-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Since MC says not to use armor all, but says 303 is okay, my initial hunch is that it is not the same (unless they have a promo deal with 303). Supposedly Armor all dries out the vinyl.

thats what i thought about amor all too, that it dries stuff out. it just looks and smells so simalar that i though it may be the same ingredients. i like to use the 303 aboput once a week and the vinyl cleaner from meguirs everytime i use the boat .

jmyers
01-31-2006, 06:59 PM
thats what i thought about amor all too, that it dries stuff out. it just looks and smells so simalar that i though it may be the same ingredients. i like to use the 303 aboput once a week and the vinyl cleaner from meguirs everytime i use the boat .
I was told Amour All pulls the moisture out of the material to make it shine and after a while it cracks! It's ok for tires but not on my seats!! 303 is the S**T! :headbang:

rodltg2
01-31-2006, 08:03 PM
that 303 is just so pricey and i go thorugh half a bottle everytime i use it.

bucky
01-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Well, either y'all are terrific salesmen, or I'm a sucker 'cause I just ordered a couple bottles. I want to try it on the clearcoat. What do you think it might do for teak?

mitch
01-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Love the stuff, but agree it's pricey. Don't buy the 303 cleaner= crap

rodltg2
01-31-2006, 09:48 PM
dont get it on your windows

Leroy
01-31-2006, 10:12 PM
I started using it this summer and can't say enough good about what I saw. My only bad comment is myself and others nearly breaking our necks because it is so slippery!

Ends up one in my ski group buys it by the gallon and refills his spray jugs. Much cheaper. He gave me a quart bottle for gas :D fine with me!

rodltg2
01-31-2006, 10:50 PM
your right about that one, i used it on my running boards once and almost fell on my *** getting in my truck.

woody
02-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey Sizzler - who stocks 303 in the UK then? You can't keep it all for yourself!

sizzler
02-01-2006, 09:26 AM
hahaha...found it at a swimming pool centre in southend-on-sea.....there are others ..i'll dig out the address :headbang:

sizzler
02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
woody..try this

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=uk

woody
02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
cheers dude

jmyers
02-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Well, either y'all are terrific salesmen, or I'm a sucker 'cause I just ordered a couple bottles. I want to try it on the clearcoat. What do you think it might do for teak?
I went to Lowe's and bought teak oil in the paint department and used it on my "82" deak of my SN it worked great it made my deck look great and lasted all year! I really don't know what it would do to the teak, the chemicals might affect the wood!

jmyers
02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
your right about that one, i used it on my running boards once and almost fell on my *** getting in my truck.
Rod, I did the same damn thing! My wife slid across the running boards and almost fell on her A**! That's funny I thought it was only me! :D

Leroy
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Slight jack....I'm putting my teak oil in spray bottle this summer, I can never pour it out without spilling everywhere! I'm tired of oil soaked rags.

jmyers
02-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Slight jack....I'm putting my teak oil in spray bottle this summer, I can never pour it out without spilling everywhere! I'm tired of oil soaked rags.
Leroy, use sponge paint brush's they work great and whwn you are done you can throw them away and they are cheap!

Ric
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I do it that way and it's great
wherever you do your oiling, be ready for overspray oil spots though.
AND, the teak oil eventually broke down the cheapo spray bottle I had to the point where it would no longer spray. Well worth the investment of a plastic bottle per year

Leroy
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Glad to know I'm on the right track for once. :D

G-man
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Just pour a little into your hand and rub it in. You can rub your hand till it's dry. I don't like oiley rags either

Leroy
02-01-2006, 02:11 PM
You are on a roll George! Binker fluid and this. :uglyhamme

Hey how is the Jeep skiing going this winter? Look in your profile!

milkmania
02-02-2006, 02:38 PM
What do you think it might do for teak?

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=424