PDA

View Full Version : About The Brayks On My Boat?

TMCNo1
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I got a '89 ps 190 and everytime i back off the throttle that thing just stops dead, and i wonder if iv'e got brayks, were they standard or optional and where are they located, i've looked in my MC owners man-u-all, the INDMAR owners man-u-all and my MC service man-u-all and can't find any info on them brayks. Do you think that instead of a btayk pedal there is a switch in my footrest that engages them. I went from a 3 blade prop to a 4 blade and it even stops quicker. Do i need to replace the pads or shoes soon. Anyone have any logical explanations

SkiDog
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
I wuz thinkn bac 2 wen i used 2 have my platnum prostar that that thing wood stop aweful faast too. I didn't never changew the shues, could that bees why it started takin longer to stop there towards the end there? Them folks down @ Fla weter sports wuz spossed to check it out, but i think it stumpt them like it did me! i wunder if theys still round so's we could assk em? :(

jayderwin1
01-30-2006, 07:42 PM
what are these brayks you talk about? is it some kind of mechanism that slows the rotation of the prop when you let of the gas?

AirJunky
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Pull yer anker line up!

SkiDog
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
i'll tells you one thang, I could slam on them ther brayks, and that darn boat would sling round so fast yous did'nt no iffing you was coming or going!

TMCNo1
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
i'z still got one of them fla water spoats tags on the wall behind the ship, thankin' bout drilling 2 holes in the transom and mounting it there, won't collect any dust that way!................Hey, you watch OVERHAULIN w/ CHIP FOOSE, I know a guy in LOL with a yeller tri-star that could use that show.........i gotta ide'r, i'm gonna make a couple tele calls to the TLC network and do a e-mail or two to CHIP................Wadda you think!

SkiDog
01-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Just whoo in the werld is this Chip FOOOSE character? Never herd of em! Would be a pleshure to make his quantince. should i's alredy no him? his name don't ring no bell here. :guitar:

TMCNo1
01-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Just whoo in the werld is this Chip FOOOSE character? Never herd of em! Would be a pleshure to make his quantince. should i's alredy no him? his name don't ring no bell here. :guitar:
HE IS A STREET ROD BUILDER AND CUSTOM WHEEL MFGR. AND HE IS THE GUY WHO TAKES SOMEONES RAG OF A VEHICLE AND TURNS IT INTO A SHOW VEHICLE TOP TO BOTTOM IN 7 DAYS WITH A CREW OF ABOUT 15 PEOPLE, WHILE THE OWNER THINKS SOMEONE HAS STOLE OR GOT THEIR VEHICLE THEN THEY SURPRISE HIM WITH THE REVEAL OF THE NEWLY REBUILT VEHICLE. GET IT???????????

TMCNo1
01-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Maybe iffi'n they'd do RC's tri-star thy'd find his brayks and could inform us all as to how them worx, uknow before to openin of the hall of fame and musevm up to the moonshine state big house boat makin' place.

SkiDog
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I gots news fer you, he's fixing to load up that ole tristar and take it to that musenm next week. he's been a polishin fer about a month now, en he says its really lookin spiffy! Says that he contracted wit Fred to rebuild his brayks just last week. Fred sais them shues was wore slap out! Boat place wus out of stock on the pads, so's he just installed a 6 blade prop, says that'l stop er! By the way, Crottys boat will be the FIRST in the new musem! HE told me himself that his new xstar is on the way! :woohoo:

TMCNo1
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, wat am i gonna do now wit CHIP, he already contracted a big ole semi-double-clutchin', mother_______ tracter/traylertruck driver to go to crocchies pond and obscomb his boat, take it to california and overhaul hit, and arranged for ron to go west young man for the undressing of his redid water ride. He'us gonna put 4/4 blade propstoppers offin a 29" wheeled 4x4 hyundai dump truk to keep his boys from runnin' it into the pier.

SkiDog
01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
His boys ain't a driving it no mo. but all dat will keep him from running into dat pier when he's got some boobies being flashed on dat dere boat. WHere yous think I got trained in de fine art of extractin! From de best there is i tell ya! He WAS the master at dat, till he learned me hows to get em out! :guitar:

TMCNo1
01-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Gotta go now, CHIP FOOSE called on his cell fone and he's still runnin' down the road chasin' that truk driver tryin' to get him to stop from goin' all the way to L-O-L FL. to pik up that yeller boat. Now i got 2 people sayin' they's gonna pay me back fer stuff i got started. I guess askin' him to redo my van to match my boat is out of the question now......bye

Jim@BAWS
01-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Maybe one from WALMART...Sounds like use guys shop there alot.
They is only $89 there.

I gots news fer you, he's fixing to load up that ole tristar and take it to that musenm next week. he's been a polishin fer about a month now, en he says its really lookin spiffy! Says that he contracted wit Fred to rebuild his brayks just last week. Fred sais them shues was wore slap out! Boat place wus out of stock on the pads, so's he just installed a 6 blade prop, says that'l stop er! By the way, Crottys boat will be the FIRST in the new musem! HE told me himself that his new xstar is on the way! :woohoo:

TMCNo1
01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Maybe one from WALMART...Sounds like use guys shop there alot.
They is only $89 there.
You be right JIM, Always, Wal-Mart, Always, cause the spouse has directions to cremate me and spread 1/2 my ashes in a cart return stand [MC decal applied to the sign so she remembers where i'm at!], so when she shops there she can visit me and the other 1/2 she is to spread on the boat ramp at the lake, so everyone will run over my butt when they go skiing every weekend. And remember, if you ever go up north never eat no yeller snow! Think Wal-Mart has any white and yeller MC X-STAR RC boats for L-O-L Ron?, that gives me a idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......later, i gotta go to Wal-Mart!

pilot02
01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Reading this thread.....

Hmmmmmm, and to think that I actually got called a "crack head" for skiing this past Sunday.

vegashomeexpert
01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Reading this thread.....

Hmmmmmm, and to think that I actually got called a "crack head" for skiing this past Sunday.
Maybe it was 'cause you didn't release the emergency brake on your boat?

TMCNo1
01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Just mite have figgered it out, the dealer didn't tell me i wuz suppose to take the boat of the trailer, i'z taken it looze from the ball at the ramp. Now i know why i kept hearin' tires squall when i went under that bridge in shallow water and they'uz fish hangin' outta tha plastik fenders when i got home, kinda like road kill, instead lake kill. And threez peoples who buy them fast fishin' boats and all long i gots a fish and ski boat in one. It's startin' to come to me now, lemmie think somemo and isles get bak to youin's later.

pilot02
01-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Maybe it was 'cause you didn't release the emergency brake on your boat?

Vegas, you made me laugh!!!

Not that the day in itself wasn't interesting because I'd just met my driver 15 mins prior and she'd never driven a tournament type boat and the look on my her face was absolutely priceless the first time she disengaged the accuski and the "brayks" engaged.......

SkiDog
01-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Harold I just talked to my peeps at the ole fla. weter sports and theys told me that you wuz crazy. You gots to take yer boat loose from that threr trailr. Even i's knows dat! Hell, i was born nekid, not stupeed!

vegashomeexpert
02-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Vegas, you made me laugh!!!

Not that the day in itself wasn't interesting because I'd just met my driver 15 mins prior and she'd never driven a tournament type boat and the look on my her face was absolutely priceless the first time she disengaged the accuski and the "brayks" engaged.......
You're supposed to post pics, ;)

bucky
02-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Y'all got me worried now. My ProStar stops great on the trailer, but not worth a flip in the water. Y'all think maybe I'm getting water in my brayks?

TMCNo1
02-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I now know watts going on, i thank, wit tha mergen-c brakys, Iz pulling on tha wrong thang, causin my fire stingussher to go off, you know one of the halon types, causin mama to cuse me of cuttin wind and skid markin the drivin seat, she been tryin to get me to see iffin BABES makes a boat seat boop cleanin soap, but no luck yet. Y'all know who them mergen-c brayks is made by don't ya? MCBC, an no it ain't whoesun ya think! Mergen-cCraft Brayk Company, not MasterCraft Boat Company, hit musta been a protptype thang theaz tryin.

lakes Rick
02-01-2006, 05:26 PM
All I got to say is its apparently been WAY too long of a winter.. At least our lakes are gonna be full this summer.....

TMCNo1
02-01-2006, 05:36 PM
You got that right, been in the hi 50's and low 60's about all this month here and now their calling for maybe some freezing precipitation in the weather this next week. I'm on the edge and i'm ready for some snow and temps in the 20's so it will get this over with and spring will start. If there was some cold around here i'd build a fire in the fireplace and roast some dogs and mamma could heat up her buns, that woman can make cold out of a lightbulb and its driving me up the wall. I keep telling her to put on some clothes, but she says just go work on the boat. D---, i can't win!

SkiDog
02-01-2006, 06:53 PM
TMC#! , I swear you can't be flapping with BOTH wings! :headbang: