PDA

View Full Version : The cup!

jmyers
01-30-2006, 02:12 PM
I have seen this bad boy before, but haven't been able to take a picture and actually touch it!

SteveO
01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
That will look really good when it returns back to Dallas this summer. Go Stars!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
:o I would be impressed if I knew what it was.......

Mag_Red
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
:o I would be impressed if I knew what it was.......I was thinking this was about athletic cups :huh:

jmyers
01-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh come on WFT it's the Stanley cup NHL hockey the oldest award in pro sports! That is what they hoist up when they win it! :rolleyes:

jmyers
01-30-2006, 03:18 PM
I was thinking this was about athletic cups :huh:
Well they do wear those cups too! But we are not going there! :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh come on WFT it's the Stanley cup NHL hockey the oldest award in pro sports! That is what they hoist up when they win it! :rolleyes:
Oh..... There is one of those teams around here, Blackhawks :o Saw them a time or two a few years ago, got free tickets. I never saw "the cup" though.
"Stanley Cup" is it named after the Stanley Tool Company, Steemer or other?

jmyers
01-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh..... There is one of those teams around here, Blackhawks :o Saw them a time or two a few years ago, got free tickets. I never saw "the cup" though.
"Stanley Cup" is it named after the Stanley Tool Company, Steemer or other?
Lord Stanley! :D

Cary K.
01-30-2006, 03:33 PM
I think it will come live in Carolina for a year at the end of this season, GO CANES !!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Lord Stanley! :D
Oh, Now I'll know for the next time I see it.;)

ski_king
01-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Interesting article about the stanley cup.
http://www.snopes.com/sports/hockey/stanley.asp

Jimmy O
01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Guys, in Canada it's known as the Holy Grail and it will probably end up in Ottawa this year. The Senators are awesome with the best goalie in hockey, The Dominator, (Dominek Hasak) along with a superior offense and defense.

jmyers
01-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Guys, in Canada it's known as the Holy Grail and it will probably end up in Ottawa this year. The Senators are awesome with the best goalie in hockey, The Dominator, (Dominek Hasak) along with a superior offense and defense.
Our Sharks are coming back! I just don't know if they can make up all the games in the beginning of the season! We have the players now, and as they call it games in hand, but I just don't know if it is enough! :(

André
01-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Ottawa doesn't seem to know how to play hockey in Playoffs... :D
...And the best goalie is not playing in Ottawa.He's in Florida and
his name is Luongo! :headbang:

PS.
It's DominIk HasEk 8p

Datdude
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM

Dany Heatley(former Badger) is a STUD. Go Ottawa!

ski_king
01-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Ottawa doesn't seem to know how to play hockey in Playoffs... :D ....
At least they can play hockey during the regular season, the Penquins seem to have forgot the object of the game is to win, or at least try to win. :mad: :confused:

André
01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
At least they can play hockey during the regular season, the Penquins seem to have forgot the object of the game is to win, or at least try to win. :mad: :confused:
Just wait a bit ski king,winning streaks will come back.You 're still lucky,one of the greatest just retired (Mario Lemieux) and you got Crosby at the last draft lottery.
Crosby is a really spectacular player at only 18 year's old.He IS a winner and will bring back that team to a winning season before long...

jmyers
01-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm still a Pens fan! They do suck a bit now, but it will come around! I did hear Super Mario has to sell the team. :(

oldschool84
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
All i have to say is go RED WINGS :toast:

ski36short
01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I think it will come live in Carolina for a year at the end of this season, GO CANES !!!

You had your chance once, but the big red machine ran you over! 8p

Hasek is one false move/groin injury away from being done for the season. The Sens do look strong, but so did the Colts...

Honestly, my hopes for the Wings aren't so great but I want Stevie Y to skate off into retirement with that thing held high one more time - to tie him with Howe (4 cups for the Wings)

Jimmy O
01-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks for correcting me on my spelling Anderay, just kidding, Andre. But beware of an old guy with experience and a winning record. Your right, the Senators have a habit of losing in the playoffs but i don't think so this year, just too many weapons. Have to go with Don Cherry's prediction.

milkmania
01-31-2006, 10:03 AM

I saw the little guy in the poster with a hockey stick looking thingy, so I figured it had something to do with hockey:(

besides, I got further than you did8p:purplaugh

sizzler
01-31-2006, 10:10 AM
jeeeez...even i knew what it was and we dont play the game....

RexDog1
01-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Wow that is one thing I need to do before I die

And I will do it this summer after the LA Kings win it
:toast:

SteveO
01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Our Sharks are coming back! I just don't know if they can make up all the games in the beginning of the season! We have the players now, and as they call it games in hand, but I just don't know if it is enough! :(

Jmyers. Want some action? Went to the game last night (Stars vs. Sharks) and it was a great game. Thought the Sharks were going to end our win streak, but the good guys prevailed. Still a lot of hockey ahead of everyone.

airwear
01-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree with Andre, Ottawa is sure to blow up in the playoffs, as usual. Unfortunately I cannot comment further on the subject as my team, the Leafs, are just coming off a 8-game losing streak. Sorry Andre, but Montreal is doing worse!

PendO
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Ottawa doesn't seem to know how to play hockey in Playoffs... :D
...And the best goalie is not playing in Ottawa.He's in Florida and
his name is Luongo! :headbang:

PS.
It's DominIk HasEk 8p

Man, I really liked the goalie for the Rangers (Blackburn) ... too bad about his injury, watching him play juniors for Kootnay was awesome.

Congrats on getting your pic with the Cup ... I love hockey live, but still can't get into it on TV - even with the new rules.

jmyers
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Jmyers. Want some action? Went to the game last night (Stars vs. Sharks) and it was a great game. Thought the Sharks were going to end our win streak, but the good guys prevailed. Still a lot of hockey ahead of everyone.
I wattched the third period, I forgot it was on early here! They should have won it we have the players just working on the follow through! :D

jmyers
01-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I agree with Andre, Ottawa is sure to blow up in the playoffs, as usual. Unfortunately I cannot comment further on the subject as my team, the Leafs, are just coming off a 8-game losing streak. Sorry Andre, but Montreal is doing worse!
I do root for the Leafs too! My buddy Nolan plays for them, I don't know if he is going to stay he is supposed to be back from the injury about now! :huh: