PDA

View Full Version : 06 X9 Rear Balast Question?

jkski
01-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Can anyone tell me if the rear seat of the 06 X9 can remain down when the rear balast bag is filled? I know on the X7 you have to put the rear seat up, but the X9 seems to have more room under the seat.

Thanks in advance.

Mag_Red
01-29-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't have a factory ballast system, but I know with the fat sac I have, the seat cushion need to be moved up.

sizzler
01-30-2006, 03:18 AM
the rear seat has to be raised if the rear fat sac is fully filled........

jkski
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
With the factory rear balast, the bag seems to be longer than a "fat sac", and on the 06 they have baseboard that kinda hides it from view, but also contains the bag to some extent. So, how full would you say you can get the bag before you have to raise the seat?
(I have a friend who would like to buy an X9, however, we wants to be able to use the rear seat when the factory balast is filled.)

SteveO
01-30-2006, 10:25 AM
I have a custom sac in my 209 from Fly High that fits under the seat, but extends towards the motor box. The rear seat is usable, it just requires the back seat occupant to rest the back of their thigh and calf on the sac. I also have a sac that I put in the rear ski locker to ad weight without taking up floor or seating space.

pklake
01-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I have the '04 model without the base board. I can fill the sac 80 to 90% and still not move the seat up.

teamstreng
01-30-2006, 10:50 AM
I have an '03 X-9 and routinely fill the rear fat sack as full as can be with passengers on the seat. I agree it gets about 80-90% full. The additional body weight more than compensates for the lack of water.

As a suggestion, if you haven't done this, I added three more pumps and plumbed in a bag in the rear trunk that is the same size as the rear seat bag and plumbed in two side sacs in the nose (one under each seat).

With at least 3 people in the boat, this does a nice job and keeps getting better with more people! :guitar:

Diesel
01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Can anyone tell me if the rear seat of the 06 X9 can remain down when the rear balast bag is filled? I know on the X7 you have to put the rear seat up, but the X9 seems to have more room under the seat.

Thanks in advance.

Not if you fill it completely. The factory rear ballast does very little to help the wake. You really need to add more weight to get a good wake.