PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" Speakers

BrianM
01-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Decided to install four of these in the boat along with the Pioneer deck. Got them installed today and they sound awsome for a set of 6 1/2s. Running on deck power you can crank them way up with no distortion and they actually have a little bass in them. At moderate levels they produce a great range. Overall a really nice set of speakers for a basic system.

jake
01-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Brian: I have the same speakers in my boat. Love them, especially because I have a sub to handle the lows. Was thinking of installing baffles behind them to tighten up the mids a bit.

Best thing about them is the ability to aim the tweeters to get the sound up where you can hear it. I also liked that they have normal looking grills, rather than the X looking grills common on so many speakers now.

tommcat
01-28-2006, 08:19 AM
i've been using infiniti kappa speakers in my trucks for years. i think they are one of the best out there and not overly expensive.

BrianM
01-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I also liked that they have normal looking grills, rather than the X looking grills common on so many speakers now.

That is part of the reason I got them as well. The grill is a little different from yours but still very basic.

I might add an Infinity Basslink for the lows.

jake
01-28-2006, 09:06 AM
One thing about infinity speakers is they are not the most efficient drivers out there...they like them some power. I put a 4x90 rms alpine V series behind mine...dramatic improvement in sound.

TRBenj
01-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Brian: I have the same speakers in my boat. Love them, especially because I have a sub to handle the lows. Was thinking of installing baffles behind them to tighten up the mids a bit.

Best thing about them is the ability to aim the tweeters to get the sound up where you can hear it. I also liked that they have normal looking grills, rather than the X looking grills common on so many speakers now.

Those are the best looking speaker grills that I have come across. Do you mind sharing which model speakers you have? All the Infinity's I searched for seem to come with uglier plasticky grills.

Thanks!

jake
01-30-2006, 08:43 AM
They are the Infinity KAPPA 652.7I 6-3/4". Looks like you're out of luck though, this year's model has a plastic grill...still not as extreme as some though.

Car Domain Infinity KAPPA 652.7I (http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFKAPPA6527I?vq_id=none)

Mine are the 2005 model. With some looking, you might still be able to locate some.