PDA

View Full Version : 51 Degrees and sunny in da UP today!!! YES!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes, you heard it right people! Its a balmy 51 degrees and SUNNY here in da UP. went home at lunch time and the snow is melting so fast off the roof its like a rainstorm. Almost all the snow is gone from my roof. the roads are all clear. I love it!!! Whoo hooo!! this is gonna prolong the lake from freezing or if the mild temps keep up, this bay might not freeze!!! and that means an early spring!! YES!!!!! its Jan 27th and the bay isnt frozen, this is awesome!!!!

can you tell im pumped.......? :D

UMP

milkmania
01-27-2006, 10:45 PM
8:45 pm, 60 degrees:D

01-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Gotta love it hey Milk?? its still 40 flippin' degrees here!!!! 40!!!!!! I cant believe this! Its soo great. Everyone was walking around without jackets today, enjoying the warmth. Snow is almost gone!!! again! this is the 3rd time we lost all our snow to warm weather this year. I know, I know, its not May, but man, all this warm weather in January is gonna help spring get here!!!!! :D :D

(UMP dances a jig in front of computer screen while looking at thermometer outside)

milkmania
01-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I remember working on the back dock sometimes loading out milk trucks in the low teens.......factor in wind chill and it was dang cold.....

so cold, we'd go inside the cooler to get warm:o

Leroy
01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
I think we will still get some more cold but it it nice now!

01-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Sure we will get more cold weather, but I am enjoying every little bit of warmth!! I love this. Every day the bays dont freeze or thaw back out, is gonna be better in the spring time for skiing!!! :D

Datdude
01-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey UMP,

Where in the U.P. are you located? You are obviously not a snowmobiler :uglyhamme

01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
You are obviously not a snowmobiler

Thats putting it mildly. :D

TRU DAT! I am NOT a snowmobiler by any stretch of the imagination. I been there, done that, and bought the T shirt, the sled, the engine, the starter, the recoil, etc..... and I am NOT going back!!! :D I tried snowmobiling alot but I could never get into it. I hated it. I used to downhill ski alot, but dont do that much either, havent gone in 3 years. I dont like the cold. I cant tolerate cold temps like I used to. I lost 120 lbs a few years ago and I dont have any insulation anymore. :)

so bring on the warmth!!! Global warming, shift in weather patterns, whatever it is, its good for me in da UP.

UMP

T Scott
01-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, you heard it right people! Its a balmy 51 degrees and SUNNY here in da UP. went home at lunch time and the snow is melting so fast off the roof its like a rainstorm. Almost all the snow is gone from my roof. the roads are all clear. I love it!!! Whoo hooo!! this is gonna prolong the lake from freezing or if the mild temps keep up, this bay might not freeze!!! and that means an early spring!! YES!!!!! its Jan 27th and the bay isnt frozen, this is awesome!!!!

can you tell im pumped.......? :D

UMP

UMP,
Quite the irony here...... :D 81 degrees today.....never ever had snow on my roof, the roads are perfectly clear year round, the lakes and bays have NEVER been frozen. Gosh....Florida is great! 8p

Datdude
01-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Thats putting it mildly. :D

TRU DAT! I am NOT a snowmobiler by any stretch of the imagination. I been there, done that, and bought the T shirt, the sled, the engine, the starter, the recoil, etc..... and I am NOT going back!!! :D I tried snowmobiling alot but I could never get into it. I hated it. I used to downhill ski alot, but dont do that much either, havent gone in 3 years. I dont like the cold. I cant tolerate cold temps like I used to. I lost 120 lbs a few years ago and I dont have any insulation anymore. :)

so bring on the warmth!!! Global warming, shift in weather patterns, whatever it is, its good for me in da UP.

UMP

Snowmobilers are an annoying bunch aren't they :uglyhamme

01-28-2006, 08:04 PM
UMP,
Quite the irony here...... :D 81 degrees today.....never ever had snow on my roof, the roads are perfectly clear year round, the lakes and bays have NEVER been frozen. Gosh....Florida is great! 8p

well, I have to say I would LOVE that FLorida weather!! but I cant deal with Hurricanes :eek: so I will stay here. that is probably the only advantage to this geographic location, NO hurricanes, NO earthquakes, and NO Tornados. yes, the winters are long, but man it seems to be a changing trend that they are shorter and warmer each year......hmmmmm......go figure......

Maristar210
01-29-2006, 12:25 AM
UMP,

Uh Huh..... and in August?

Steve

T Scott
01-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Uh Huh..... and in August?

Steve

August.....Tarzan couldn't survive a Florida August..... August is typically in the high 90's with miserable humidity. Just walking down to the mailbox will work up a sweat. However, it is all in what you are used to. I can handle 100 degree days, but couldn't handle a 10 degree day......

01-29-2006, 11:04 AM
When I was 311 lbs, a 10 degree day was no problem and a 100 degree day was pure agony. now, at 190 lbs, I hate 10 degree days, but endure them, and I bask in 100 degree days. Yes, bask in them. I never realized I would change like that. I hated the heat before, now I love it. I never look for shade. as long as I have shades on my eyes Im good. when all my friends and I go boating and skiing, They all smear on the sunscreen and sit in the shade when possible. NOT ME!! :) I dont wear sunscreen and I just soak in that sun. I kept a good even tan all summer and no burning. I guess I just can handle sun. My girlfriend loves the sun too, so I got a good partner for being on the boat the summer. I am one of those types that Just likes being out on the water, even if she and I just drift and enjoy the sunshine.

shepherd
01-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes, you heard it right people! Its a balmy 51 degrees and SUNNY here in da UP.

Man, that would be considered a COLD wave down here.

Summers ain't that bad neither. A man can die from exposure if he got stuck outdoors up there this time of year. In FL, if you got stuck outside on our hottest day in the summer, the worst you might get is a bad sunburn if you're too dumb to find some shade. :cool:

Anyways, sounds like you're enjoying it UMP. I hope your wish for an early spring comes true so you can get back out on the lake with the new ski!

01-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks shepard!!! :) ya know......I am starting to look at Drysuits......thinking about starting early.......we will see......

Leroy
01-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Way to go UMP!

When I was 311 lbs, a 10 degree day was no problem and a 100 degree day was pure agony. now, at 190 lbs, I hate 10 degree days, but endure them, and I bask in 100 degree days. Yes, bask in them. I never realized I would change like that. I hated the heat before, now I love it. I never look for shade. as long as I have shades on my eyes Im good. when all my friends and I go boating and skiing, They all smear on the sunscreen and sit in the shade when possible. NOT ME!! :) I dont wear sunscreen and I just soak in that sun. I kept a good even tan all summer and no burning. I guess I just can handle sun. My girlfriend loves the sun too, so I got a good partner for being on the boat the summer. I am one of those types that Just likes being out on the water, even if she and I just drift and enjoy the sunshine.

stevo137
01-29-2006, 11:56 AM
My WIFE loves the sun too, so I got a good partner for being on the boat the summer. I am one of those types that Just likes being out on the water, even if she and I just drift and enjoy the sunshine.

Was just curious how it would sound. 8p

6ballsisall
01-29-2006, 12:05 PM
It was 62 degrees and sunny yesterday. Rainy and in the high 40's today :mad:

01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Was just curious how it would sound. 8p

Hey, are you in cahoots with my girlfriend? :purplaugh trying to get me married hey Stevo!! all in good time my friend, all in good time. :)

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks Leroy! :)

---------------------------------------------------

You had some really nice weather JR. Its cooler here today too. some light snow flurrys. nothing too bad. sloppy snow.

Footin
01-29-2006, 12:26 PM
UMP, how did you lose that much weight?

01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Footin,

Mainly by sheer determination. But if you meant what method, heres the deal:
I chose slimfast because it fit my lifestyle. I am not saying its the only way to lose weight or anything like that, it just worked for ME. but it took more than that. You have to follow their entire plan. Meaning excercise EVERY day. I did 6 days a week of vigorous excercise. Nothing magic, just a stationary bike, situps, pushups, etc....
I did slimfast in morning, with a piece of fruit and 2 large glasses of water. Mid morning, piece of fruit. more water. lunch, slimfast, piece of fruit. 2 glasses water. dinner was a sensible balanced meal. more water. eveinng snack was fruit, and you guessed it, more water.
did this for 1 year. lost 120 lbs. Now I am on a maintanence diet of good healthy foods and regular excercise. I just woke up one day and said, thats it, I have had enough. I am losing the weight now. and I never looked back. Its very easy for me to keep the weight off as my whoel life has changed. I dont crave the bad foods like I did. I even try them now and then to see, and they actually upset my stomach and dont agree with me anymore. No fast foods, no junk food. Just good stuff. Lots of fruits and veggies. cereals, lean meats, good breads and carbs. I believe moderation is the key. People get all wacky on these fad diets and thats not good or healthy.

thats my story..... :)

hleepert
01-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Great story UMP! I used to struggle every windter with weight gain. Still do somewhat but its really the eating habits that have to change. Drinking water is a big thing for me. I try to drink about eight quarts per day. It''s a good appetite suppresant. Exercise is also a key. Thats why I have winter trouble. I decided to train for the 2006 Chicago Marathon last year so I bought a treadmill for winter running. My problem was that the trainig started cutting into my ski time so I'll have to figure out a good compromise this year.

lakes Rick
01-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey, are you in cahoots with my girlfriend? :purplaugh trying to get me married hey Stevo!! all in good time my friend, all in good time. :)

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks Leroy! :)

---------------------------------------------------

You had some really nice weather JR. Its cooler here today too. some light snow flurrys. nothing too bad. sloppy snow.

Talk to me first....

01-29-2006, 06:46 PM
talk to you about what Rick?? :confused: