PDA

View Full Version : 06 X2

Waterski-Marcoisland
01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Does 06 X2 comes with bags or tanks? What has been anyones opinon, bag vs. tanks. I just think that the bags leak around the connections and you have to worry about mold problems under and around the bag (carpet).

jmyers
01-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Does 06 X2 comes with bags or tanks? What has been anyones opinon, bag vs. tanks. I just think that the bags leak around the connections and you have to worry about mold problems under and around the bag (carpet).
My X9 had a leak on the rear ballast bag connection under the seat, they said it can come loose if it is not connected correctly but should stay tight! We will see when I get the boat back if they are right! I haven't had the tanks but I know Nautique uses them the good part is I can remove the bags if I need more room!

sand2snow22
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I think it comes with hard tanks. One in the middle next to the driver under the floor and two under the floor on each side of the engine. IMO it's better that way.....

skitilldark
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I think it comes with hard tanks. One in the middle next to the driver under the floor and two under the floor on each side of the engine. IMO it's better that way.....

That's what I heard also. I think eventually they are going to all hard tanks in the hull.

MYMC
01-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Hard tanks under the floor.

rodltg2
01-27-2006, 03:08 PM
slight thread jack, out of curiousity , how does the pure vert on the calabria work?

captain planet
01-27-2006, 05:14 PM
I looked at one at the Cleveland boat show, actually was a MariStar 200 with a tower and tanks, and it had hard tanks.

ecelis
01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
X2 has hard tanks. Only 650lbs though, a lot of plumbing and electric for almost nothing.

Calabria uses valves on the bottom of the transom that open and close electrically. When the boat is sitting still and the valves are opened, water simply floods the two tanks because the valves sit under the waterline. When the boat is on plane, the valves are out of the water so that the tanks drain when the valves are opened. The valves look like the ones they use on RVs for the waste tanks :)

skitilldark
01-27-2006, 06:05 PM
X2 has hard tanks. Only 650lbs though, a lot of plumbing and electric for almost nothing.

Calabria uses valves on the bottom of the transom that open and close electrically. When the boat is sitting still and the valves are opened, water simply floods the two tanks because the valves sit under the waterline. When the boat is on plane, the valves are out of the water so that the tanks drain when the valves are opened. The valves look like the ones they use on RVs for the waste tanks :)

I think that Calbria system is pretty elegant. It seems like it would take way less time to flood than pumping in traditionally. Have you seen it in action?

rodltg2
01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
i guess ill check it out tommorow.

ecelis
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM
I have not seen it in action on the water. I talked to an owner at the boatramp and he said it works fine. He said he would never leave the boat in the water, although I don't think it would matter if the valves leaked as only the tanks would fill.
I think it is a very good idea, no pumps to mess with. I don't know how big the tanks are though.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-27-2006, 06:22 PM
As others stated, '06 X2 has hard tanks. I'd be curious to find out whether the sub floor over the rear tanks was designed to support the weight of an additional fat sac...if you wanted to add more weight?

As for my take on hard tanks vs. (ballast) sacs, I'll take sacs anyday. Hard tanks take up space whether full or empty, sacs give you almost all your storage back when empty. As it turns out, I'm getting ready to install our ballast system this weekend, which consists of 4 ballast sacs (each on their own pump and thru hull).

UPSanta delivered our heater today too! :woohoo:

rodltg2
01-27-2006, 06:31 PM
I have not seen it in action on the water. I talked to an owner at the boatramp and he said it works fine. He said he would never leave the boat in the water, although I don't think it would matter if the valves leaked as only the tanks would fill.
I think it is a very good idea, no pumps to mess with. I don't know how big the tanks are though.

the calabria did not get a great review. they even say it needs more weight for optimum wake.

Waterski-Marcoisland
01-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Mike Murphy invented that technology. He also started Air Chair and Sky Ski. I have had the pleasure of foiling with him. Check out the link:

http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com/Pictures.html

pretty cool.............

SteveO
01-28-2006, 08:53 AM
i guess ill check it out tommorow.

Not a fan of the wedge Rod?

rodltg2
01-28-2006, 12:07 PM
only used the wedge once. i dont wakeboard so it really doesnt matter to me so its nice to have for the friends who wakeboard. im just curious about the pure vert after reading about it. my buddy however is in the market for a wakeboard boat and likes the calabria.

skitilldark
01-28-2006, 12:52 PM
only used the wedge once. i dont wakeboard so it really doesnt matter to me so its nice to have for the friends who wakeboard. im just curious about the pure vert after reading about it. my buddy however is in the market for a wakeboard boat and likes the calabria.

I've boarded with and without the wedge. I'm no pro, but I think I got just as much air with as without. Just to be safe though, we left it down!

MCX2RYD
01-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Today I just bought enough sacs to put an additional 1400lbs of ballast in my 06' X2. I did buy a Tsunami pump as well. Still no plan as to how to lay it out. OR fill them.... 1 sac is 750lbs.. 1 is 300.. and 2 bricks 150 each. Plus the pump was $350. All sacs are fly high pro x series. Decent deal.

Any thoughts on how to set it up? First year wakeboard boat owner...