PDA

View Full Version : YOU make next MASTERCRAFT Beach Towel ...

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, it's true! I just recieved a return call from Jane D, who runs the Pro Shop at the MC plant in Vonore, TN. She informed me, that a MC Towel is in the works for Spring release.

She also stated that she would like to introduce a towel to the market, that can be used year round for every season. One of high quality construction and made to last. She, thought maybe a "Limited Edition" type of towel. One of only 100 ever made, sort of thing.

She went on to say, "I'd love to see what the TT folks can come up with". You all have wined long enough, so now here's your opportunity to send her your ideas and drawings of what you'd like the next MC Towel to look like!

She's looking for your ideas and drawings.
She request of you and I qoute, "they need to be of the following caliber".

1. Edgy
2. Cool
3. Exciting
4. Upper Class
5. Different
6. Keeping w/ the "Integerity" of MasterCraft

Let's get to work on those towels, if you want 'em guy's.
Send your emails w/ attached ART WORK directly to her.

She's waiting to hear from YOU, now!
Jane Dunigan (jane.dunigan@mastercraft.com)

atlfootr

Workin' 4 Toys
01-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, it's true! I just recieved a return call from Jane D, who runs the Pro Shop at the MC plant in Vonore, TN. She informed me, that a MC Towel is in the works for Spring release.

She also stated that she would like to introduce a towel to the market, that can be used year round for every season. One of high quality construction and made to last. She, thought maybe a "Limited Edition" type of towel. One of only 100 ever made, sort of thing.

She went on to say, "I'd love to see what the TT folks can come up with". You all have wined long enough, so now here's your opportunity to send her your ideas and drawings of what you'd like the next MC Towel to look like!

1. Edgy
2. Cool
3. Exciting
4. Upper Class
5. Different
6. Keeping w/ the "Integerity" of MasterCraft

atlfootr
Did she "approve" this thread?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
My NUMBER 1 request is going to be MAKE SURE THE TAG SAYS "MADE IN USA":D

Ric
01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Get to work folks!!! I am no artist, so I wont even try but I am ready to get me paws on some MC towels!!

bigmac
01-27-2006, 01:36 PM

1. Edgy
2. Cool
3. Exciting
4. Upper Class
5. Different
6. Keeping w/ the "Integrity" of MasterCraft

atlfootr

Well, since we're suggesting...my personal suggestion is that I don't care for "edgy". When companies start trying for "edgy" they get carried away. The line between "edgy", and "too busy/ridiculous" can be a very fine one. Start trying for "edgy" and we get X-Star hull graphics.

All I would want is a nice beach towel made of high quality "beach towel material" with "MasterCraft" embroidered or woven the full-length in the current MasterCraft font. Dark mono-color background with light lettering, or the reverse. OK, they could get really crazy and add "World Record Ski Boat" below it, but that's about as edgy as I would spend money on.

IMHO.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-27-2006, 01:41 PM
nice beach towel made of high quality "beach towel material"
"MasterCraft" embroidered MasterCraft font.
add "World Record Ski Boat" below it,
GREAT POINTS. Ditto that...
AND/OR
"World Record Towboats" is the phrase I like best.

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Did she "approve" this thread?YES she did :D

And here's another email, she just sent.

To: "rob" <footin@adelphia.net>
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:40:54

Subject: RE: MasterCraft Beach Towels

It sounded great & professional!
Thanks for your input!

Jane Dunigan
MasterCraft Boat Company

mrcrowson
01-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Something like this even

Ric
01-27-2006, 01:46 PM
YES she did :D

Hey Rob,
Thanks for the info., I looked at the thread.

Thanks again!

Jane Dunigan
MasterCraft Boat Company
good enough for me! I've met Jane. Nice gal !

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, since we're suggesting...my personal suggestion is that I don't care for "edgy". When companies start trying for "edgy" they get carried away. The line between "edgy", and "too busy/ridiculous" can be a very fine one. Start trying for "edgy" and we get X-Star hull graphics.

All I would want is a nice beach towel made of high quality "beach towel material" with "MasterCraft" embroidered or woven the full-length in the current MasterCraft font. Dark mono-color background with light lettering, or the reverse. OK, they could get really crazy and add "World Record Ski Boat" below it, but that's about as edgy as I would spend money on.

IMHO.So send it on to her, bigmac.

milkmania
01-27-2006, 01:52 PM
agreed, must say Made In USA!
I can also agree that I am not artist.

what about Stars & Stripes for limited edition?
World Record Ski Boat would work:headbang:

I also like the made to a higher standard idea

I disagree that it needs to be "edgy".....should be more along the lines of "classic"

Workin' 4 Toys
01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Something like this even
That there, goes against about every one of the "proper ways to display an american flag".

djhuff
01-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Make it the oversized kind, like a 2 person towel. those look really good on the v drive decks.

bigmac
01-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Here's my submission, then - 30x60 inches ...I'm sad to say it's about as edgy as I get when it comes to boats or beach towels.

mrcrowson
01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
That there, goes against about every one of the "proper ways to display an american flag".

Sorry about that just something I whipped up. MY BAD, WILL CHANGE IT

captain planet
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Yea, and not that island out in the south pacific that is a territory of the USA that has sweat shops on it that produce clothing with tags that can legally say "made in USA" but is made very cheaply. Some clothing that is sold at the GAP and some other stores comes from this island. I can't remember the island name. I just found out the island name....Saipan, I believe it is Saipan.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack this thread. :firejump:

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Don't shoot, it's just a thought ...

bigmac
01-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Yea, and not that island out in the south pacific that is a territory of the USA that has sweat shops on it that produce clothing with tags that can legally say "made in USA" but is made very cheaply. Some clothing that is sold at the GAP and some other stores comes from this island. I can't remember the island name.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack this thread. :firejump:

Normally I wouldn't care that much, but the "Made in USA" concept for this beach towel is valid IMHO, since MasterCraft boats themselves are good examples of US manufacturing capability.

bigmac
01-27-2006, 02:40 PM
The problem I have with screen-printed towels is that they fade, the printing affects their softness and absorbancy, and the only towels that accept printing well tend to be thinner, poorer quality terrycloth with relatively low thread counts.

ski_king
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I like the idea of a large high quality towel. Maybe off white or beige with the MasterCraft Logo, maybe match the transom of the current model boats. Maybe a ProStar and a X-Star version.

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
The problem I have with screen-printed towels is that they fade, the printing affects their softness and absorbancy, and the only towels that accept printing well tend to be thinner, poorer quality terrycloth with relatively low thread counts.So what are the other possible choices of higher quality material?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Here's my submission, then - 30x60 inches ...I'm sad to say it's about as edgy as I get when it comes to boats or beach towels.
Same here, but BLUE and 42" X 72":D
What is the FONT again that is closest to the real deal?

bigmac
01-27-2006, 02:56 PM
So what are the other possible choices of higher quality material?

I dunno. But I know that if I were ordering custom made beach towels, one of the questions the manufacturer would ask me is what quality of material I would want, and give me a range of options and their prices, and I'd pick the best quality I could.

bigmac
01-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Same here, but BLUE and 42" X 72":D
What is the FONT again that is closest to the real deal?

Sure, those things work for me too. In fact, I like the bigger towel better. And I like blue towels, although that color wouldn't be as useful for signaling rescue helicopters in an emergency :D

The font closest to MasterCraft's proprietary logo font is HemiHead 426.

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Something like this, maybe?

ski_king
01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe have choice of colors.

Dan K
01-27-2006, 03:08 PM
How aout using the 35th stars and stripe graphic.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
How aout using the 35th stars and stripe graphic.
Think embroidery..... I think that graphic would get carried away, and would have to go back to screen printing. Thoughts?

Ryan
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Make it the oversized kind, like a 2 person towel. those look really good on the v drive decks.

How about multiple styles. Big one for Vdrives, and for those of us with PS 190s how about some of these from REI? Quick and dirty MC added.
http://www.rei.com/product/47907062.htm

-Wring out up to 90% of the moisture to speed drying time; dries three times faster than a cotton towel
-Ultrasoft synthetic fabric is light and compact, taking up very little space in your backpack or bag
-Hang loop with tiny separating buckle for drying convenience
-Comes in a zippered mesh pouch which can be used for storage
-Machine washable, anti-bacterial fabric remains odor free

captain planet
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Think embroidery..... I think that graphic would get carried away, and would have to go back to screen printing. Thoughts?
Considering the quality of the boats, I think that embriodery is appropriate.

ski_king
01-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I still have a MC towel I bought back around 82 or 83. It is high quality like you would expect from MasterCraft. It is still in good shape (thanks to being lost in the back of the linen closet for a number of years), but it has been in use for over 10 years anyway. The logo appears to be silksreened on. I will check it out this weekend (if it hasn't been lost againn).
Somewhere on here is or was a photo of it.

Edit: I think I am also speaking for MarkP when I suggest a gold towel with black lettering like below. Although the guys in the northwest may have a problem with it.

M-Funf
01-27-2006, 04:23 PM
So what are the other possible choices of higher quality material?

Microfiber :D Best towels around

I would say embroidered, but that might make them expensive.

I like the idea of the MC logo across various solid color towels.

east tx skier
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM

IMHO.

4 and 6, i.e., Upper Class and Keeping with the Integrity of MC. Lose the rest of them.

Ric
01-27-2006, 05:56 PM
The problem I have with screen-printed towels is that they fade, the printing affects their softness and absorbancy, and the only towels that accept printing well tend to be thinner, poorer quality terrycloth with relatively low thread counts.
and I will not buy any towel with a photo or rendering of a DUDE

Good ideas fellas, keep em coming!

east tx skier
01-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Didn't realize this is where we were posting.

Til I can repost.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=140172#post140172

east tx skier
01-27-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd like to see this one for no better reason than it matches my boat. :D

Ric
01-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Here is the font, I dont think there is a name for it(other than MasterCraft font ;) )

east tx skier
01-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Here's my retro one. Just what I had to work with.

M-Funf
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Now THAT I like :D It would look better in blue, though :rolleyes:

hmmmm, I wonder why? ;)

east tx skier
01-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm sure they could make them in blue, too. :D

MC, I hope you're paying attention. If all these proposed designs have anything in common, it's that there's not much too them. Keep 'em simple/classic and they'll sell like hotcakes.

atlfootr
01-27-2006, 06:42 PM
MC, I hope you're paying attention. If all these proposed designs have anything in common, it's that there's not much too them. Keep 'em simple/classic and they'll sell like hotcakes.I appreciate everyone's feedback, but seriously listen up guy's!
IT DOES NOT HELP US, TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS HERE AMONGST OURSELVES.

Like I said before, Jane Dunigan WANTS YOU TO EMAIL HER YOUR IDEAS and SUGGESTIONS!
Maybe then, you'll start seeing some MC Beach Towels for sale!

east tx skier
01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
She's got mail.

ski_king
01-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Here is the towel I bought in 1983.

Farmer Ted
01-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Here's one...........

Footin
01-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Farmer, I like that one the best so far.

Farmer Ted
01-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Farmer, I like that one the best so far.

Thanks!

Wife said the same thing but I can never tell when she's pulling my leg!

milkmania
01-27-2006, 11:22 PM
I was looking around for some ideas and found this place

http://www.serosales.com/products.htm (http://www.serosales.com/Beachtowels/solid.htm)

milkmania
01-27-2006, 11:30 PM
even printing photos on beach towelshttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/party_06.gif

http://www.towelspecialties.com/simba/index.htm

http://www.towelspecialties.com/simba/indexforideas.htm

milkmania
01-27-2006, 11:57 PM
gotta start somewhere, I guess:rolleyes:

Boogieman
01-28-2006, 12:15 AM
plain . . but I like it . .. :D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1889/towel28mu.jpg

milkmania
01-28-2006, 12:21 AM
I know this is ProStar related....but just messin' around

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/MC.jpg

milkmania
01-28-2006, 12:22 AM
plain . . but I like it . .. :D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1889/towel28mu.jpg

hey, that'd look cool when it's folded too!

Boogieman
01-28-2006, 12:59 AM

I KNOW!!! :D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-28-2006, 06:26 PM
I appreciate everyone's feedback, but seriously listen up guy's!

Like I said before, Jane Dunigan WANTS YOU TO EMAIL HER YOUR IDEAS and SUGGESTIONS!

I did and I have yet to hear back from her. As soon as I do, I'll take part in the project.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Here's an idea I like.

How about something like a smaller towel like 24" X 40" or so for the kids with the saying just like picture #3 on page 80 of the 2006 Mastercraft catalog......

skitilldark
01-28-2006, 06:41 PM

I'd buy one of these.

tex
01-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Don't trick it up too much!

Boogieman
01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I appreciate everyone's feedback, but seriously listen up guy's!

I did and I have yet to hear back from her.

so did I . . . :rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Farmer, yours rules! the only thing I would change is the shadow on the MC logo. I dont know if that would be able to be embroidered effectively on a towel. THe shadow might look goofy in embroidery, but other than that, it rules!! :worthy: :D

oldschool84
01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I AGREE :cool:

oldschool84
01-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Here's one...........
VERY COOL, COWBOY!! GOOD WORK

SKI*MC
01-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Here's my retro one. Just what I had to work with.

DUDE! I love that one! Old School!

Larryp
01-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Here is the towel I bought in 1983.
that is the towel I want. So very cool. like the Kinky avatar etex. can I use it too.

east tx skier
01-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Go for it!

Farmer Ted
01-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Farmer, yours rules! the only thing I would change is the shadow on the MC logo. I dont know if that would be able to be embroidered effectively on a towel. THe shadow might look goofy in embroidery, but other than that, it rules!! :worthy: :D

Thanks UMP!

It would probably have to be silk screened or woven into the towel.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
so did I . . . :rolleyes:
So, What do I do now?

Boogieman
01-29-2006, 07:21 PM
So, What do I do now?

i don't know . . . wait?

atlfootr
01-30-2006, 02:04 PM
I did and I have yet to hear back from her. As soon as I do, I'll take part in the project.
To: Jane E. Dunigan
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 5:19 PM
Subject: any email's yet

Jane,

Hi, have you had any email's yet from the guy's on Team Talk's Forum
regarding MC Beach Towel?

Sincerely,
Rob
atlfootr

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:25 AM

Hey Rob,

Actually, when I came in this morning I have about 4 or 5.

I will share everyone’s ideas, graphics, etc. with my marketing group on the next Wednesday meeting.
I will also share it with the company buying our merchandise as well. :woohoo:

Thanks for your call and your interest in Team Talk.

Sincerely,
Jane Dunigan

Workin' 4 Toys
01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
She got back to me.....:woohoo:8p 8p !!!!!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Here's one...........
I do like this one FT. How about for the limited edition version with the GM, Indmar, and Vortec logos too......

Ric
01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Footr, your PM box is full

Jane helped me out with my proshop order! Matter of fact, the package arrived today! All is well. Ric was worried about nothing

atlfootr
03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd like to see this one for no better reason than it matches my boat. :DMatches mine too ... :cool: