PDA

View Full Version : 78 stars and stripes with a tower

sanddragon2004
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Thought i would share some pics of the 78 with the tower on it.

we are taking ours to boss next month to get the tower and everything put on. Borrowed buddies pro flight tower to snap some photos to see how it looks.

http://www.sanddragonmotorsports.com/images/mastercraft/DSCN3697.JPG

http://www.sanddragonmotorsports.com/images/mastercraft/DSCN3698.JPG

http://www.sanddragonmotorsports.com/images/mastercraft/DSCN3699.JPG

sanddragon2004
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
http://www.sanddragonmotorsports.com/images/mastercraft/DSCN3700.JPG

http://www.sanddragonmotorsports.com/images/mastercraft/DSCN3701.JPG

http://www.sanddragonmotorsports.com/images/mastercraft/DSCN3702.JPG

jayderwin1
01-26-2006, 05:41 PM
do you pull your boat with that benz? is that tower mount or is it just sitting on those rags? on last question what do you have to do to mount that tower on, structure wise?

sanddragon2004
01-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Not mounted.

just sitting on rags. we wanted to see if a towr would be to much for us. before we sunk the money into it then where stuck with it.

I will prob be reinforcing the surfaces under the deck with larger aluminum plates to give it more strenght.

no the dodge diesel in the driveway tows it.

hehe would be funny towing with that lil car.

ski_king
01-26-2006, 06:14 PM
To me that tower looks too tall for your boat. Maybe about a foot shorter?

By the way, better get that garage roof fixed.

JEREMY79
01-26-2006, 06:18 PM
everybody just parks on the road :confused:

M-Funf
01-26-2006, 07:19 PM
everybody just parks on the road :confused:

Yeah, it sucks. Most people out here in Kalifornia have their garages filled with all kinds of crap they've collected over the years but have never used :rolleyes:

Their brand new cars sit outside unprotected...

I don't know about where you live, but there are no laws about parking on the street for most places I know...sorta sucks to have the street looking like a used car lot.

Oh, by the way, VERY nice S&S! Where do you take the boat? I'm just north of you in Petaluma. It would be fun to get your '78 and my '76 side by side on the water! Maybe at the West Coast "reunion" ;)

BrianM
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
:eek3: DON'T DO IT!

JEREMY79
01-26-2006, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=M-Funf]I don't know about where you live, but there are no laws about parking on the street for most places I know...sorta sucks to have the street looking like a used car lot.[QUOTE]

Um..we live on backroads..better yet the whole town does

SKI*MC
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I would be EXTREMLY carefull when puting a tower on it... boats back then were not re-enforced to have towers, wakeboarding was not even around. A high pole serves the same purpose, and you dont have to take the risk of causing some serious structural damage to you beautiful boat if the tower doesn't work... :twocents:

BriEOD
01-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't know about where you live, but there are no laws about parking on the street for most places I know...sorta sucks to have the street looking like a used car lot.

You'll get ticket for leaving a car in the street overnight where I live.

Ramhouse
01-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Yes tower looks to much for that boat. Get camera out and an editing program to see exactly what looks good. It took me a couple of years to deside what to put on my '93. I also lowered it by a foot from origional to where it looks like it fits. And yes you will need to do some glass work on the under side...A MUST!!!, i did and happy i did. You will need to gussett the deck to the hull and add some backing...i'd be happy to send some pick if you would like.
Richard......Ramhouse

Cloaked
01-27-2006, 07:53 AM
What does the tower do in way of functionality? I mean, does it get you lift on the hull-designed wakes of this particular boat? I don't get it.

richardsoncd
01-27-2006, 11:05 AM
The boat looks sweet, I wish the finish on 79 was that good. I have a fly high pole with a board rack, does just as good and you can take it down and keep the classic look, plus much cheaper and less glass work...but as LakePirate says...."when we are on your boat we will do it your way"

sanddragon2004
01-27-2006, 11:38 AM
I dont park the boat in the road. I park it in the drive way.

the roof is from the recent storms! 50mph winds did that!

O and the boat will not fit in the garage. my garage is 20' long inside and the boat is 23' with the tongue of trailer. taht and we have our ATVs parked in the garage! right now we have 5 atvs and all the parts. I run a small business selling atv components from my homeo so really no room to park a boat their.

ya that is not the tower we will get, im having a boss pro series custom fitted to the boat.

Just thought id share some pics of the boat with the tower for those with stars and stripes.

sanddragon2004
01-27-2006, 11:44 AM
we wakeboard on the delta mostly. up on snod grass slew, near walnut grove marina. or whats left of the marina! we also spend alot of time on lake tullock. usually at either of those two places.

i just realized my yard looks so getto. that was after the storm that blew all sorts of debri all over the place, and ripped my awning to shreds, i have it in pieces on the side of my driveway need to make a dump run this weekend!

as for reinforcement. Yes i have taken all that into account. in addition. the tower manufactures all either recommend it or will do it. As it turns out Shane the guy who runs Boss towers used to live down the street from me. and one of my good friends used to work for boss. So they have so far been really helpful and treated me great. I will accompany lots of pics once i get er done.

M-Funf
01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
we wakeboard on the delta mostly. up on snod grass slew, near walnut grove marina. or whats left of the marina! we also spend alot of time on lake tullock. usually at either of those two places.

Cool! I'm not familiar with either of those places, but I'll look to see where they are. I usually launch at Del's (River's End Marina) and ski Grant Line Slough. It's really narrow, but wide enough :D

Edit: Just looked up Walnut Grove Marina...it's about 40 miles by car from Byron where I ski...too far for my little boat :eek:

78skier
01-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Hello
My name is Dave it is great to see someone with a 78. NOw that I see someone putting a tower on a 78 I dont feal so bad about doing it myself. Have fun with it looks great.
Dave :firejump: