PDA

View Full Version : Obrien Power Port??

Ryan
01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Has anyone tried this? Or at least had it in their hands and can share your impressions? I'll be looking for it at the boat show next weekend.

"power port fin blade
The patented Power Port Fin Blade marks a new era in custom ski tuning and is designed to eliminate any weak side turn. The slot (port) on the side of the blade has a reed valve that opens or closes depending on the direction of water flow. When water pressure causes the valve to remain closed, the fin will have more effective surface area, turning your weak side turn into a strong side turn. When you turn on the opposite side, water pressure will open the reed valve and allow water to pass through reducing the surface area of the fin, effectively making it smaller and improving your strong side turn. The Power Port Fin Blade will also allow the ski to turn tighter on both sides, giving you maximum control and acceleration. The Power Port has been approved for tournament use by the IWSF and USA Water Ski.
Available in two styles: OPEN LEFT (left foot forward skiers) and OPEN RIGHT (right foot forward skiers.
Each kit comes with a Power Port Fin Blade, and instruction sheet. The Power Port Fin Blade will fit the Line-Lock Fin and can be retrofitted for use in other fin systems."

JohnnyB
01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Never seen it before....looks interesting....is there a price tag??

beef
01-26-2006, 01:27 PM
I remember that being in WS mag a few years ago. Wonder if it would be legal for tournament use? It may constitute a "moving part".

rodltg2
01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
ive seen that thing before too. ive yet to see anyone using it, i dont think there is a concern for use in a tournament since no tournament skier would even use it.

88 PS190
01-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I just doubt that it has any effect past a certain point, might be good for learning, but then it could be less predictable past that point.

jraben8
01-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Send one to the Dr. on his private course. I bet he'll improve 2-3 passes...

Wait, his course alone will help him with that!