PDA

View Full Version : Met the Dep. Sheriff

M-Funf
01-25-2006, 12:02 PM
So, this morning on my way to work, I stop by Home Debit to pick up some things, and then head out on the freeway north to my exit, and turn into the shopping center where the Starbucks is. After I park, a truck pulls up in front of me, and the guy gets out and asks if I'm the driver with the "11-99 Foundation" frame on the back of my car. I know I passes this guy at probably 100+ on the freeway just a few minutes before, so I'm a bit nervous, but answer "yes, I'm a lifetime member...have been for a few years". He says that he is a Deputy Sheriff in Sonoma County, but is assigned to boat duty :D

We chat for a while, and it turns out he patrols the lake I sometimes ski up here. Said that he's out there most summer days. He also patrols the river where I live, and is working on his license for larger boats for the ocean...

I told him that the next time I'm up at his lake, I'll track him down and say hi! Doesn't hurt to know the Sheriff ;)

milkmania
01-25-2006, 12:14 PM
So, this morning on my way to work, I stop by Home Debit to pick up some things, and then head out on the freeway north to my exit, and turn into the shopping center where the Starbucks is. After I park, a truck pulls up in front of me, and the guy gets out and asks if I'm the driver with the "11-99 Foundation" frame on the back of my car. I know I passes this guy at probably 100+ on the freeway just a few minutes before, so I'm a bit nervous, but answer "yes, I'm a lifetime member...have been for a few years". He says that he is a Deputy Sheriff in Sonoma County, but is assigned to boat duty :D

We chat for a while, and it turns out he patrols the lake I sometimes ski up here. Said that he's out there most summer days. He also patrols the river where I live, and is working on his license for larger boats for the ocean...

I told him that the next time I'm up at his lake, I'll track him down and say hi! Doesn't hurt to know the Sheriff ;)

had to google that one:o

http://www.chp1199.org/

cool:headbang: