PDA

View Full Version : Perfectpass location-Maristar 230

Jerseydave
01-25-2006, 07:51 AM
I want to buy the wakeboard-pro version of PP.

Looks like I need to replace the stock speedo with it. Is this correct? I don't see any other place where I could install it.

Boat is a 2003 Maristar 230. If you have this boat yourself, where is your PP? (Same question for you X30 or X10 owners)

djhuff
01-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Yes, replace the stock speedo.

This is not a very hard install, just be careful when moving your hands around behind the dash, the fiberglass is sharp.

bigmac
01-25-2006, 09:38 AM
I want to buy the wakeboard-pro version of PP.

Looks like I need to replace the stock speedo with it. Is this correct? I don't see any other place where I could install it.

Boat is a 2003 Maristar 230. If you have this boat yourself, where is your PP? (Same question for you X30 or X10 owners)

Pretty easy install, but getting the stock speedometer out is kind of a pain. Easiest way is to reach a deep-well socket up in there and hand turn the two bolts off the secure it to the bracket.

Also, be aware that you might have some issues with temp display if you don't cut or remove one of the wires from PP/MC plug-and-play connector behind the kick panel. I think it's the red wire on the MC side that needs to be disconnected from the block. My 2004 was that way from the MC factory. Better check to be sure. It's been discussed here on TMC and also on mymc.com forums.

I put the servo on top of the left-side exhaust instead of a water hose. You have to buy some big hose clamps to do that. You also have to tip the air filter down a little on an MCX. The yellow circle is the area where the cable secures to the throttle - make sure there is NO gap there or you'll get surging.

http://mccollister.info/ppcable.jpg