PDA

View Full Version : Waterski Nationals in Bakersfield

betsy&david Harrison
01-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Anyone coming out to see the Nationals this year in Bakersfield? Contact me if you are. B

rodltg2
01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
when?

you should see my old boat running around there this year.

Ryan
01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
When are they Betsy?

rodltg2
01-24-2006, 12:49 PM
i found this on the awsa site

2006 Goode Waterski Nationals dates have been posted. August 14 -19 in Bakersfield, CA.

betsy&david Harrison
01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the research boys. I'm in the process of Semester grades right now. My online time will be hit and miss. Hey Rod, who did you sell your boat to? Someone on the North Lake? We haven't been up in awhile. If I see it I'll say something to the new owner. B

rodltg2
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
cant remember his name right now, i think it is on north lake. i got to ski there it was awesome. he's a great guy offered me ski rides anytime im in the area. it's only 1 hour from my girldfriends parents house so it works out great.

betsy&david Harrison
01-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey Rod,

Is he on North Lake at Creekside? Next time you are out come on by and say hi or ski with us. I expect to see Ryan out again this year...wife and kids too this time! At the LA Boat Show I saw the funniest bumper/bouys. You guys probably saw them already...the ones that are Bottoms up. Love to put them at the entrance and exit gates on the course. I think they might be a bit of a distraction as turn bouys. :D B

Ryan
01-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Just let me know when it gets warm enough.

rodltg2
01-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey Rod,

Is he on North Lake at Creekside? Next time you are out come on by and say hi or ski with us. I expect to see Ryan out again this year...wife and kids too this time! At the LA Boat Show I saw the funniest bumper/bouys. You guys probably saw them already...the ones that are Bottoms up. Love to put them at the entrance and exit gates on the course. I think they might be a bit of a distraction as turn bouys. :D B

i think so, its the first lake closest to the road. i will definalety come out this summer. thanks for the invite.

betsy&david Harrison
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I am pretty sure it is the same guy that our friend Terry built a huge garage for. As you are looking south toward LA is it on the right or left side of the lake? B

betsy&david Harrison
01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Just let me know when it gets warm enough.
I'll let you know Ryan. If this weather continues to be warm and dry the season will start a lot sooner. I am anxious and am really trying to focus on getting back in shape for the new season.

rodltg2
01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I am pretty sure it is the same guy that our friend Terry built a huge garage for. As you are looking south toward LA is it on the right or left side of the lake? B

its the last house on the left as you drive in.

betsy&david Harrison
01-30-2006, 06:15 PM
its the last house on the left as you drive in.
That's the one. Is he the one that baught your boat? B

betsy&david Harrison
06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
The Nationals are coming soon. Anyone coming? B

rodltg2
06-29-2006, 12:04 PM
i think ill be at boardstock. supposedly a slalom comp . that weeknd too. i dont see how since clear lake is so choppy..

rodltg2
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
looks like the rumors are true... this should be a great time!!

http://www.boardstock.com/

betsy&david Harrison
06-29-2006, 06:55 PM
That does look like a great time! Oh well, I'll be at the Nationals :D :friday:

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Well, the Nationals start in just 3 days!!! Who is coming up? Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday should be incredible slalom days and it is only going to be in the mid 90's. :o

rodltg2
08-11-2006, 10:58 AM
i think im coming!

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
i think im coming!
Excellent!

rodltg2
08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
im trying to plan picking up a truck i bought in visalia so i can make it down and call it a work trip :D . now i just need to find a ride !

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2006, 11:05 AM
im trying to plan picking up a truck i bought in visalia so i can make it down and call it a work trip :D . now i just need to find a ride !
As in a ski ride?
now i just need to find a ride

rodltg2
08-11-2006, 11:08 AM
not a ski ride, a ride to visalia so i can pick up the truck

Ryan
08-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Well, the Nationals start in just 3 days!!! Who is coming up? Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday should be incredible slalom days and it is only going to be in the mid 90's. :o

Oh I wish I could make it out there! I've got too much going on with work for the next two weeks...make that three months. Unless of course I get a new job. Maybe I could take a two week hiatus.

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh I wish I could make it out there! I've got too much going on with work for the next two weeks...make that three months. Unless of course I get a new job. Maybe I could take a two week hiatus.
I'm sorry to hear that you can't make it. I enjoy having you out...and the wife and kids too.

rodltg2
08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
betsy pm me you info and ill call you when i get there!

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
betsy pm me you info and ill call you when i get there!
Done deal...

jjk94
08-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Noticed you are from ventura, I've been looking for a guy that has a S&S, his name is leonard (Firefighter) and wife Beth (school Teacher), You know of them?
THanks

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Noticed you are from ventura, I've been looking for a guy that has a S&S, his name is leonard (Firefighter) and wife Beth (school Teacher), You know of them?
THanks
Don't know them. What year S&S do they have and what color? I am trying to search my memory and need an idea in my head. Interesting, I am a teacher also. Any last name?

rodltg2
08-14-2006, 11:00 PM
i'll be there all wednesday. anyone else ?

ok just me..

betsy&david Harrison
08-12-2007, 11:19 PM
It is now time for the 07 Waterski Nationals. Wednesday is the big day again. I'll be there if anyone wants to come on out.

tex
08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
B-If you get a chance-Check out Glen Sperry. A buddy of mine who is mens 7 and jumping over 100 feet, slaloming at 32 off and tricking #'s I don't comprehend! I loaned him my CR7 and jump helmet(I don't need them right now). He won Nationals for the 1st time 50 years ago. His wife passed away this year and he has been on a mission! We are all hoping he jumps 120 and wins Mens 7!

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi Tex!

I'll check the schedule and if I am there on that day, I will watch him and say a big Hi/Best of Luck from both of us.

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks like he skis today and jumps tomorrow

tex
08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
He's a great character! He is in the received the Award of Distinction several years ago. You might have to give him my given name if you see him! Only you guys/gals and people I skied with professionally know me as Tex!

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Do you think he will be out there on Wed. watching the Pros ski?

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Tex!! Your friend, Glenn Sperry took 10th place in slalom!!

tex
08-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Tex!! Your friend, Glenn Sperry took 10th place in slalom!!
That's good-His weakest event! He was on my CR7! I bet it was my bad slalom vibe that cost him!

Thanks!!!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 11:02 PM
That's good-His weakest event! He was on my CR7! I bet it was my bad slalom vibe that cost him!
He also took 4th in Tricks!!

Maristar210
08-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi Betsy :love: :love: :love: :love:

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi Betsy :love: :love: :love: :love:
Hi Sweet Heart! How is life?

tex
08-13-2007, 11:23 PM
He also took 4th in Tricks!!
Some guy from Fenton won tricks and slalom. Glenn will go about 110-120 tomorow. Can that make up the difference? The record is 112!

ski36short
08-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Betsy, were you there today? How were the conditions? Curious because in my division (M2) the winning slalom scores weren't crazy high. My goal is to go to nationals once at 36mph. Still have a few years and quite a few buoys left!

Tex, Jerry Hosner is like our local legend, he's been doing that stuff forever. One of the managers in my department at work is his neighbor to boot. I wonder if Paul Boel (another local old timer that doesn't know when to quit) is in the jump event this year - I think your friend's distance is safe though. I suppose I could look it up but I'm off to bed soon...

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Betsy, were you there today? How were the conditions? Curious because in my division (M2) the winning slalom scores weren't crazy high. My goal is to go to nationals once at 36mph. Still have a few years and quite a few buoys left!

Tex, Jerry Hosner is like our local legend, he's been doing that stuff forever. One of the managers in my department at work is his neighbor to boot. I wonder if Paul Boel (another local old timer that doesn't know when to quit) is in the jump event this year. I suppose I could look it up but I'm off to bed soon...
I was out there yesterday. The conditions are perfect. Ski West dumped a barrel of blue into each lake to kill off the algae growth that we all have out there right now. It isn't too hot but what they say about the mosquitos would have me a little worried. I got bit twice yesterday.

tex
08-13-2007, 11:57 PM

Tex, Jerry Hosner is like our local legend, he's been doing that stuff forever. One of the managers in my department at work is his neighbor to boot. I wonder if Paul Boel (another local old timer that doesn't know when to quit) is in the jump event this year - I think your friend's distance is safe though. I suppose I could look it up but I'm off to bed soon...
Who do you ski with? I have friends who used to ski with Silver Lake.

ski36short
08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't know if we have any Silver Lake tie-ins as no one in our club is from the Fenton area. My ski club started out at Tivoli gardens when I was a wee lad. Paul started it and then they went separate ways at some point (amicably). Maybe you would know of Steve Hanley, he used to go over the ramp.

ski36short
08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Betsy - thanks for the report. I'm always curious about conditions when guys that can run deep into 38 or reach 39 have scores at 35.

chudson
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
http://www.usawaterski.org/index1.html

tex
08-14-2007, 07:36 PM
B-It was great to send this email out to my members today about Glenn-I told him that I sent a hot looking chick to wish him luck! He was disappointed not to meet you!

Congratulations to Glenn Sperry 2007 Menís 7 Overall National Champion. Glenn finished 10th in slalom, 4th in tricks, and 1st in jump. Glenn will be traveling back home from California and can be reached at xxxxxxxxx on his cell. Please take the time to call and congratulate him on this great accomplishment. I believe this year is the 50th anniversary of his 1st Overall National Championship. Way to represent Metroplex Ski Club Glenn!

Your Almost Off Crutches President

Mike Spence

rodltg2
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Betsy , whats going on down there? i've heard its become somewhat of a disaster. west nile concerns, bad accomadations for the staff, bad practice organization etc.... talk of never hosting nationals there again. seems like alot of complainers about the site consditons too. i dont see why it's a great place. how can you complain about this...

any observation to what is going on???

betsy&david Harrison
08-17-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't know about accomodations for the working staff...one bad issue I did hear was that when they asked someone to work, it wasn't for a shift but the entire day. When you have to wear a vest in 95 degree weather and walk around doing honeydo's I could see where this would be an ugly issue. The practice lists were very long and other lakes were more than happy to accomodate skiers. They drove around and just asked and we said yes. As for the skeeters...they are bad this year but everyone was given bug spray. Down in our end of the Kern valley the skeeters are not testing positive for the virus. It is up in the northern part of the county. All in all I saw some amazing skiers. The 14 year olds were kicking some booty! The boy from Florida that won..amazing! He will be one to watch in the future. The girls in the same age division were just as impressive. Cute as ever and would put most of us to shame. Most were getting into 35 off. As for the Pros...Wade Cox did not ski. He was there but not sure why he opted out. Still is as nice as ever to anyone he speaks with. Marcus Brown skied well but was really disappointed with himself. The beer was was flowing down after he skied. Chris Parrish has the most beautiful ski turns I have ever seen. I do mean that. His ski came around that turn so darn smooth it was like watching ....well, I am at a loss for words to describe it but it was something to be seen. I have never seen the guy who won but he ended up with 2 at 41 off. That was impressive! Jimmy Seimers won the jump. Wasn't too impressed except for when I saw how tiny he actually is...then I changed my mind on the impression scale. I had a fun conversation with Jennifer Leachman. She has always been one of my very favorites and what a wonderful person she is. She skied well from where she has come from. She has the dream to come back and lead the pack again someday. Her daughter looks just like her..very cute!

Enough about all this....now I must go get ready for my first day back at work for the 07-08 school year...:(