PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Area

jsonova99
01-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Does anybody know of any good places to waterski in the Philly area? Probably more towards Bucks county. We may be moving back next year, and I'm trying to scope it out.

Jerseydave
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
We ski/wakeboard in the Delaware river up near Bristol, PA.

I met a few people on www.wakeworld.com and now we all ride together. (about 5 boats total)

The water up in this area is alot cleaner than near Philly, smoother too. We usually go out early in the am on weekends, sometimes weekday eves. Your best launch on the PA side is Neshaminy state park. Nice wide ramp, dock in a cove. No wave action. I launch on the NJ side either out of Burlington or Trenton. There are also ramps at Florence and Bordentown. This is where the best skiing conditions are.

Stay in touch this spring. We're going to have a NJ wakeboard get-together the first weekend of June. Check out the "NJ riders 2006" thread on wakeworld.com

Dave

jsonova99
01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
I used to launch my waverunner at Neshaminy park, but I always remember the water being really rough, maybe it was just the time of day and amount of boat traffic when I would usually go. It was great for the SeDoo though jumping waves.