PDA

View Full Version : Pa. student humiliated over Broncos jersey

milkmania
01-24-2006, 12:16 AM
BEAVER FALLS, Pa. (AP) - A 17-year-old high school student said he was humiliated when a teacher made him sit on the floor during a midterm exam in his ethnicity class - for wearing a Denver Broncos jersey.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5272442

now, that's funny!:purplaugh

twieder
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I smell lawsuit :mad: see also "cereal is bad"

milkmania
01-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I smell lawsuit :mad: see also "cereal is bad"

If they were smart they shouldn't hire a lawyer yet, negotiate with the school for a huge cash settlement that they dont have to split with the lawyer. If the school balks, then hire a lawyer and screw the administration to the wall.

twieder
01-24-2006, 12:34 AM
If they were smart they shouldn't hire a lawyer yet, negotiate with the school for a huge cash settlement that they dont have to split with the lawyer. If the school balks, then hire a lawyer and screw the administration to the wall.
I concur! What happened to freedom of expression?

milkmania
01-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I concur! What happened to freedom of expression?

oh, that students rights were definately violated!

wonder what both sides of the story are going to sound like?

redmike
01-24-2006, 12:49 AM
sounds to me like it was his excuse for failing his test....

twieder
01-24-2006, 12:51 AM
It should be interesting the next few days. Gona have to keep an eye on the news.Wonder.... ACLU......Private lawyer.... Things that make ya go hummmmmmmm?

milkmania
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
this puzzled me also..........

ethnicity class

huh?
lol

twieder
01-24-2006, 01:02 AM
this puzzled me also..........

ethnicity class

huh?
lol

What is thet? Like livin in a Chocolate city.....D@^^n did it again!
Or would that be How to live...........

Sorry, it's the beer talkin :D

BriEOD
01-24-2006, 08:33 AM
If that were my kid that teacher would be REAL uncomfortable right now. :mad:

stumbledog
01-24-2006, 08:46 AM
From what the teacher said in the article, it seems the teacher singled this student out to give the class (and the student wearing the Jersey) an experience of what prejudice feels/looks like.

The student was segregated and opressed by the rest of the class for what he belived in (The Denver Broncos). This belief was contrary to the majority, thus, he was a minority.

I am sure this situation occurred under the context of a "lesson," that just seemed to fit into the spirit of the calss being taught. Seems like once the other side of the story is heard, it is not much of an issue......................after all he's a Bronco fan.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-24-2006, 09:27 AM
If the suit is filed, that will be another "lesson"................. in ethnicity

MarkP
01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
From what the teacher said in the article, it seems the teacher singled this student out to give the class (and the student wearing the Jersey) an experience of what prejudice feels/looks like.

The student was segregated and opressed by the rest of the class for what he belived in (The Denver Broncos). This belief was contrary to the majority, thus, he was a minority.

I am sure this situation occurred under the context of a "lesson," that just seemed to fit into the spirit of the calss being taught. Seems like once the other side of the story is heard, it is not much of an issue......................after all he's a Bronco fan.after all he is a Bronco fanhttp://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/groucho.gif

RexDog1
01-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I have a lot of respect for teachers, no money and putting up
With some kids, But John Kelly was so out of line
Can you spell L a w s u i t

roddydog
01-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I have a lot of respect for teachers, no money and putting up
With some kids, But John Kelly was so out of line
Can you spell L a w s u i t
I think it's spelled C A S H. ;)

jayocheskey
01-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I heard this on the radio. The District has already started their investigation.

jrcarte78
02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Just in case anyone cares how this mess turned out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2314858

milkmania
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Just in case anyone cares how this mess turned out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2314858

"As part of the course, students are often singled out to exemplify uncomfortable treatment and students who enroll in the course are aware of this fact," the district said in a statement. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pointlaugh.gif buwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

my kids excel in all their classes, and none of their teachers would get away with that kind of behavior:rant:
thanks for that update:)

lakes Rick
02-02-2006, 04:45 PM

HEY NOW, how would Eastie and his buds get new boats then????

milkmania
02-02-2006, 05:02 PM
HEY NOW, how would Eastie and his buds get new boats then????

IIRC, Eastie told JRandol not to "Lawyer Up" for a while...... play that card last

but then again, it could just be my meds talkin':o