PDA

View Full Version : I may actually name my boat. Need advice.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-23-2006, 11:32 PM
OK, I am thinking of actually naming my boat. It came to me about a week ago. I was listening to a little Rob Zombie and I thought, "thats it, DRAGULA, now THERE is a name for a ski boat." get it, DRAGula.....? so I was thinking of putting on the back of the boat in small graphic letters. kind of a old english font. that was the name of Grandpa Munsters race car he built out of a casket to wim the family car back that Herman lost at the race track to Eddie's friends dad that was a pro drag racer. thats where Zombie got the idea for the song. I thought it was a good ski boat name.

What you think?? Lets do a poll. I am open to all your opinions, let em fly!!!

vegashomeexpert
01-23-2006, 11:37 PM
OK, I am thinking of actually naming my boat. It came to me about a week ago. I was listening to a little Rob Zombie and I thought, "thats it, DRAGULA, now THERE is a name for a ski boat." get it, DRAGula.....? so I was thinking of putting on the back of the boat in small graphic letters. kind of a old english font. that was the name of Grandpa Munsters race car he built out of a casket to wim the family car back that Herman lost at the race track to Eddie's friends dad that was a pro drag racer. thats where Zombie got the idea for the song. I thought it was a good ski boat name.

Its your boat. Name it whatever you want. Just don't name it "Wakeboard Edition". That is what mine is named and I had first dibs. :toast:

Mag_Red
01-23-2006, 11:41 PM
I got nothing! :D

01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I got nothing! :D

nothing? nothing what? you mean no advice? or no name suggestions?

BTW, where are my Ginsu Knives you owe me? ;) cough em' up :)

jayocheskey
01-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Dragula is a pretty sweet name. I like it. We've been kicking around a few names of our own. Our last name is Ocheskey - we've been stuck on this name - O-BoardSki. A little cheesy, I know.

twieder
01-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Dragula sounds like it should be on a gloss blackX-80 with red piping
all around! Especially as to the idea came to you while listening to ZOMBIE!!!! JMO though :D

AirJunky
01-24-2006, 12:59 AM
http://www.radirwheels.com/NewPics/dragula_big.jpg

88 PS190
01-24-2006, 03:02 AM
I'm gonna go w/ its not a fountain.

considering that, how about naming it something feminine... could be hot.

JEREMY79
01-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Why not just say it has a name and not put it on there.

Mine is called serenity

01-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Erk , you RULE! thanks for being honest in the poll :headbang: your the only "no" so far.

come one, lets see some more votes!!!!! :wavey:

I got to know if this is a good idea or not......Help a brutha out. I need more input please.... :)

UMP

Air junky, thats the car!! my dad bought me a die cast version of that last year for christmas because I am such a Munsters fan, and I like Zombie too. and Grandpa Munster rules!!!! he always had to get Herman out of the hot water he got himself into.

MarkP
01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Erk , you RULE! thanks for being honest in the poll :headbang: your the only "no" so far.

come one, lets see some more votes!!!!! :wavey:

I got to know if this is a good idea or not......Help a brutha out

UMPWell, Think Boy!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-016.gif!!

01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Mark, you can select option #2 in the poll too, I wouldnt have put it there if I didnt want people to use it. Vote man!!!! :D

oldschool84
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM

BUT IT'S A MASTERCRAFT not a charter boat. IT's your baby don't deface her :cry:

01-24-2006, 10:09 AM
thats what I am here for oldschool!! I havent slapped a name on it yet. I figured there is no better sounding board than here to determine if this is a good idea or not, who better to ask than fellow Mastercraft owners?? nobody!

Come on people VOTE!!!! Lets see your votes, cast your ballot, and make sure its clean and clear, we dont want any hanging chads on this election. :D

VOTE!!!

MarkP
01-24-2006, 10:13 AM
thats what I am here for oldschool!! I havent slapped a name on it yet. I figured there is no better sounding board than here to determine if this is a good idea or not, who better to ask than fellow Mastercraft owners?? nobody!

Come on people VOTE!!!! Lets see your votes, cast your ballot, and make sure its clean and clear, we dont want any hanging chads on this election. :D

VOTE!!!
I call my boat, “the MasterCraft” (verbally). Hope that helps..

01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Thats what I have been calling mine too Mark. I just thought of the Dragula idea, and I have never heard anybody use it for a boat name. thats why I was considering it. I hear you, thanks for your input! it will be heavily pondered upon. :) :wavey:

UMP

MarkP
01-24-2006, 10:26 AM

come one, lets see some more votes!!!!!

I got to know if this is a good idea or not......Help a brutha out. I need more input please....

UMP

Air junky, thats the car!! my dad bought me a die cast version of that last year for christmas because I am such a Munsters fan, and I like Zombie too. and Grandpa Munster rules!!!! he always had to get Herman out of the hot water he got himself into.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/kdchat/wow.gifDid Erk just call you an IDIOT??

BrianM
01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Its a Mastercraft. Leave it at that.

TMCNo1
01-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Saw a "BU" once named "SHIP-O-FOOLS" and I got it!!!!!!!!!!

01-24-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/kdchat/wow.gifDid Erk just call you an IDIOT??

Yes he did Mark, hes got guts, and I salute him for it. :toast:

01-24-2006, 10:50 AM
option#3 is taking a strong lead in the poll. Its looking pretty grim for "Dragula" to see the back of my boat. Lets see those votes! keep on votin! :banana: :D

roddydog
01-24-2006, 11:33 AM
:purplaugh Don't do it. You'll regret it later.
I have to change my pants............ DRAGULA :D :confused:

jayocheskey
01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
It's YOUR boat, do what YOU want!!! Were you the kid in school who always did what the "cool kids" told you to.

NO?!?! Then don't be that kid now.

jbfootin
01-24-2006, 11:44 AM
It is your boat, so do what you want. I voted for option 3 because I would hate to deface my MC....But then my wife has a tatoo so I really can't talk :smile: If you do add it, just make sure you do it right. I would have a pro paint it on, not some cheezy stickers. :twocents:

peason
01-24-2006, 11:51 AM
If there was an option for "do what you want" I would have chosen that. I don't think a small name on the back of your boat is a big deal. The reason I chose pick a better name is - I did not get what Dragula meant until you explained it and even after that it didn't mean much, even though I watched a lot of the Monsters growing up.

MarkP
01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
If there was an option for "do what you want" I would have chosen that. He is doing what he wants.. He wants to do what we want..:headbang:

01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Its not going to be cheezy stickers, I mean I am going to have a professional graphics place design the letters and apply them. But it will be small, on the back somewhere. I really dont like the idea of painting it. that does scare me. I wont do that. If I do put it on there, its gonna be with vinyl letters by a pro graphic shop. Now, what I am mainly testing here is if people get the concept of DRAGula, you know as a ski boat name. I that the Drag part was kinda neat for a ski boat. anyway, I have about 4 months to decide this, so I am not in a rush.

01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
He is doing what he wants.. He wants to do what we want..:headbang:

Ultimatley, I alone will make the decision. But I like to get feedback from people first before I do things like that. I am just that way. sometimes I choose the opposite of what everyone tells me to do, just because I truly believe in it. Other times, I end up agreeing with them, and follow their advice. so I dont always follow what people tell me to do. I will decide in the end. I am just getting vibes from you and my freinds first. Its how I operate.

UMP

AirJunky
01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I say do what you want. I've thought about putting AirJunky on mine..... even peeled all the other crap off it to make it happen. Then I decided I liked the clean look, no advertisements on my ride.
My brother had one a few years ago that said it & everyone loved it. Makes it unique. http://airjunky.com/temp/bill4.jpg

Calling it "the Mastercraft" is pretentious in my book. Doesn't say much when there are 1,000 other Mastercrafts on the lake.

Ric
01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
"suck My Wake" .

01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
ahh yes, The great outdoors.
"so you boys wanna go with your dad on a pontoon boat? or you wanna skip over the waves, scrapping bugs off your teeth in a kick a$$ drag boat with your uncle Roman??" :cool:

Datdude
01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Dragula is an awesome song and Rob Zombie RULES, but...................I would not do it. How about "Black Sunshine"? :uglyhamme

Ric
01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
ump, your poll is flawed..... There is no option for:
" I couldn't care less if you name your boat "

Take this advice from someone who knows a thing or two about flawed polls. :o

01-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I will keep that in mind for the next poll Ric :wavey:

LakePirate
01-24-2006, 02:38 PM
O.K. I voted...but I hadn't read the thread when I voted.

6ballsisall
01-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't do it UMP! It just isn't right on a ski boat my friend :eek3:

01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
O.K. I voted...but I hadn't read the thread when I voted.

Thats good LP, then I get your non biased vote! :) Cool!

Maristar210
01-24-2006, 11:20 PM
UMP

With all due respect... Do not name your boat.....

It is already duely named a MASTERCRAFT......

Steve

shepherd
01-24-2006, 11:25 PM
I call my boat, “the MasterCraft” (verbally). Hope that helps..

Hey, that's what I call MY boat! :mad:

01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Well, looks like option #3 is running away with the poll. Kinda what I figured would happen, but I thought it was interesting to poll it. I still dont know what Im gonna do. :confused: :confused:

firstmc
01-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Got a name... OFFSHORE DRILLING

01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Got a name... OFFSHORE DRILLING

meaning???? :confused:

Hoosier Bob
01-25-2006, 06:26 PM
I think that is like the "Mile High Club" if you know what I mean. I always liked names like Pont**ntang! Glassmaster! No wake! Bouy Runner! Six Balls! If you can read this you are skiing behind the best tournament ski boat in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D meaning???? :confused:

erkoehler
02-07-2006, 01:25 AM
So, what was the final decision?

02-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey Erk! thanks for asking! Well, I have been wrestling with this name thing for a while now. I am really having a difficult time slapping a decal on that boat. I guess I had a surge of inspiration with "dragula" when I posted here, but after some thought, I dont think people will understand it, and I will have to explain it to everyone wich is a pain. I like the name, but I really think that names can be corny too. I guess it boils down to this: If I am having this much of a conflict with it in my head, it cant be a good idea. You should feel 100% good about it to do it. I dont. I dont wanna do something I am half-hearted about. It dont feel right to me, so I think its best left alone. I do agree after further thought that Mastercrafts really dont need names. My buddy was right(and many of you here were too) last spring when he said, "dont name it, it already says everything it needs to on the back".

Thats the scoop Erkle. So whatcha think???

SkiDog
02-07-2006, 10:05 AM
My 03 - X30 is named "The Extractor". It just has a way of extracting all those breasttises! :D :D :D :D

erkoehler
02-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Erk! thanks for asking! Well, I have been wrestling with this name thing for a while now. I am really having a difficult time slapping a decal on that boat. I guess I had a surge of inspiration with "dragula" when I posted here, but after some thought, I dont think people will understand it, and I will have to explain it to everyone wich is a pain. I like the name, but I really think that names can be corny too. I guess it boils down to this: If I am having this much of a conflict with it in my head, it cant be a good idea. You should feel 100% good about it to do it. I dont. I dont wanna do something I am half-hearted about. It dont feel right to me, so I think its best left alone. I do agree after further thought that Mastercrafts really dont need names. My buddy was right(and many of you here were too) last spring when he said, "dont name it, it already says everything it needs to on the back".

It is for the best :headbang:

Ric
02-07-2006, 11:49 AM
good for you UMP!

02-07-2006, 12:01 PM
see, just like I was told, it already has a name:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/mastercraft6.jpg

It truly doesn't need to say anymore than that. :headbang: :D

By the way, thanks to everyone for all the input, no matter what it was. I appreciate it. :)

UMP

dog paw
02-07-2006, 12:23 PM
http://www.radirwheels.com/NewPics/dragula_big.jpg

I heard Grandpa died last week. That was one of the good old school shows....

No name bro. Reminds me of something my father would do :D

Maristar210
02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
UMP,
Nice looking boat :guitar:

Steve

Ric
02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
beautiful boat!! I cannot imagine Dragula being plastered across the transom :noface:

1984StarsandStripes
02-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I call my boat Suck my Wake. I don't have it lettered on the boat or anything just what I call it. "Cause it's a Mastercraft and doesn't have a wake!!!"8p

02-07-2006, 01:47 PM
thanks!! I am glad I waited and didnt name it now. Thats why I wanted to think it through. :D

TMCNo1
03-25-2006, 10:11 AM
But would make a good name for the Ofishal Vehicle for the soon to be elected Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroner!

atlfootr
03-25-2006, 12:48 PM
OK, I am thinking of actually
naming my boat. What you think?? I am open to all your opinions! Upyours ... :worthy:
I'll take the royalties, when they come in ...

03-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Clever........ :)