PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Boat Show

SKI*MC
01-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Any of you guys already go, or are planning on going to the Milwaukee Boat show?

erkoehler
01-23-2006, 09:18 PM
8p Nope :D

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-23-2006, 09:35 PM
We are planning to head down on Wednesday night. Plan B would be for Sunday......maybe on the last day dealers will be asking people to hook up the display boats and pull them home to get them out of their way:D

roddydog
01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
8p Nope :D
8p Ditto :D

SKI*MC
01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
i'm helping at the Summerset booth there too. That why I was asking.

bfinley
01-24-2006, 12:44 AM
What are the dates?? Is there a web site??

whitedog
01-24-2006, 02:44 AM
What are the dates?? Is there a web site??

Runs all week. Here's the link.
http://www.showspan.com/mbs/

Danimal
01-24-2006, 08:23 AM
I planned on going but it's not looking good anymore. Work is keeping me too busy. If there is any chance at all I can make it, it will be Thursday.

SKI*MC
01-28-2006, 10:08 PM
did anyone end up going?

3event
01-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I went over today. More MCs at show than ever before thanks to Summerset. X2, XStar, X1, X15, Mari245 (wowbigone), 197 (white/gray), and 209(red, gray stripe) up on a lift. The staff members were helpful although we didnt hang around too long.

They have a couple of winter clinics coming up. Wakeboarding and Barefooting including Mike Siepel on Feb11, thats probably worth a stop just for fun, although it will be interesting without water (wait....maybe there will be some open water if the weather stays warm!!!!). It's about time we have a dealer putting such stuff together.

I was quite impressed with the X2, that's about as big as I would go on my lake. Lots of room, great tower, classy interior and I love the gauge setup. But the wife hates the new graphics with the back of boat color / front of the boat color thing. I'm primarily slalom and barefoot, so if we upgraded, it would be from our 197 to a new 197, it's still our perfect ride.

Other than that, Tinus had a lotta blingy plasticky looking boats as usual. The N word had just a couple - one was a screamin deal on a lastyear SN211 or 220 or something like that. The N word prices are showing down a bit from years past, maybe they are feeling some competitive pressure. Seems to me they listed little or no discount on the show boards for those things.

SKI*MC
01-28-2006, 10:36 PM
I was working there today for Summerset maybe you saw me. Dark hair, younger than all the other guys workin in the booth :eek3: , ring any bells?

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-28-2006, 11:44 PM
did anyone end up going?
Yep....Wednesday night. I asked if you were around nobody seemed to know. Got a nice surprise....it was ladies night so my wife's admission was free.

3event
01-29-2006, 12:08 AM
SKI MC, I talked briefly to Mike (I think), the guy who has an xstar and runs it on the fox river south of the border.... Sorry I missed ya, I should know enough to check this board before I head to any MC events!

I heard that some dealers were selling a lot of boats and were pretty pleased, hopefully you all were too!

SKI*MC
01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah you talked to Mark, hes a nice guy. his X-Star is pimp from what he told me!

Danimal
01-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I was at the Boat Show on Thursday night. I was the one drooling on the white on white ProStar 197. What a beautiful boat!!

3event
01-30-2006, 12:07 PM
That was a very nice 197, and they didn't even install a tower ! Nothing against the towers, but it does warm my heart to see a SKI BOAT !

The deep red color on that 209 looked pretty nice too, but hard to get a good look where it was at. I would love to see one of the new boats in some kind of metalflake finish, just to see in person how they really look. Back when I bought mine the metalflakes were rather subdued and not too exciting, so I opted for solid color, with metalflake stripe below it. Anyone seen any cool new finishes?

SKI MC, or anyone who might know: Who is the lead salesman or sales manager at Summerset now? I woulda spent more time at the booth when I went but I was under the influence of cold medication and kind of brain dead.

Danimal
01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
heh I asked if they could bring down the 209 for me to look at and he said only if you buy it! I said... you know... it looks nice up there. :D

Danimal
01-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Who is the lead salesman or sales manager at Summerset now? I woulda spent more time at the booth when I went but I was under the influence of cold medication and kind of brain dead.

I believe his name is Brian Harlan.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-30-2006, 03:25 PM
That was a very nice 197, and they didn't even install a tower ! Nothing against the towers
Ya know, they are removable.....;)

3event
01-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I know I know. How long can I hold out? Until the kids are old enough to really get after me? I do admit I have fun with it (using a Fly-High) after the barefooting and slaloming are through for the day.....

Datdude
01-30-2006, 06:44 PM
I worked at the Milwaukee show for the opening weekend and was surprised at how slow it was. I remeber a few years ago where I was talking to people all day. This year it seemed like I was talking to other dealers in our booth rather than customers.

SKI*MC
01-30-2006, 10:12 PM
SKI MC, or anyone who might know: Who is the lead salesman or sales manager at Summerset now? I woulda spent more time at the booth when I went but I was under the influence of cold medication and kind of brain dead.

Brian was... but he isnt employed my Summerset anymore... other wise its me! ;) Something that i thought was funny, they much rather hear about a boat from an old guy who know nothing about the product, then the kid who knows everything. it happened quite a few times over the show... :( :confused:

Danimal
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Brian was... but he isnt employed my Summerset anymore... other wise its me! ;)

Brian's not there anymore? Wasn't he just hired this fall??

SKI*MC
01-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, he is now working for Lauderdale Lakes, the Supera and Moomba dealer.

3event
01-30-2006, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=SKI*MC]Brian was... but he isnt employed my Summerset anymore... other wise its me!

I'll tell you this, I just want to talk to the guy who knows what he's selling. I sell for a living too, but unfortunately my hobbies and career don't much connect right now...

Are you full-time at Summerset, or is it a 2nd job?

I am hoping to stop by for the upcoming clinic on the 11th, depends on the kids basketball schedules, but I guess I can hear the latest then.....

SKI*MC
02-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I helped out for them. I get some free stuff from the shop. But i will be down there that weekend. Look for a green explorer with the SKI MC liscence plate. it i bring it... other wise i'll have a peice of paper on my back the says SKI MC.