PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new Radio/Speakers

kcd
09-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey all, my 2002 prostar 190 doesn't have a radio installed in it and I'm looking at putting one in as a winter project (probably go with the Clarion Marine grade stuff... including the remote!!). I see that the fuse panel/circuit breakers already have the stereo items there, but I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if Mastercraft already has the wiring connections stowed away someplace to easily connect a Radio/Amp.

Also, I can see the cut out for the Woofer but not for any of the other speakers. If anyone could post some pictures of their installations that would be great. One other thing, I'm assuming that the head unit is traditionally installed in the glove box, but that pretty much eliminates using the glove box for anything... so if you have alternate places that yours is installed I'd be up for hearing/seeing that too!

TIA, Kevin

OhioProstar
09-14-2004, 04:18 PM
There should be cut outs for the 6.5" speakers..look a little harder. Maybe someone with a 2002 can tell you where. The wiring should all be there for your head unit and amps. If you go with a large amp you will need to run the power cables to the batter directly.

tex
09-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Go for the remote!- Great for sitting on the platform, enjoying refreshing adult beverages. It works great when the boat is in the water too!

Lake_Tippy_Skier
09-14-2004, 05:01 PM
that was funny tex!! :friday: