PDA

View Full Version : HP Ipaq

rodltg2
01-23-2006, 06:01 PM
anyone have one or experience with one? i would like internet/email access while on the road . any suggesstion on which one?

east tx skier
01-23-2006, 06:05 PM
One of my coworkers has one and likes it. The internet end of it looked pretty cool. I looked on amazon and it appears they make one for every day of the year. Verizon has one that can use its network. My friend's, needed a wireless network available. He laughed and said that that hasn't been a problem yet with so many unsecured networks.

I think his was about $200. I think it's nifty looking, but haven't felt too compelled to buy one yet.

bigmac
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM
anyone have one or experience with one? i would like internet/email access while on the road . any suggesstion on which one?

Can't help you there, except to advise you to be careful about going with Blackberry to get that done.

CNN story (http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/23/technology/rim/index.htm?cnn=yes)

rodltg2
01-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Can't help you there, except to advise you to be careful about going with Blackberry to get that done.

CNN story (http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/23/technology/rim/index.htm?cnn=yes)

i just saw that, i dont want a phone that big anyway.

rodltg2
01-23-2006, 06:15 PM
One of my coworkers has one and likes it. The internet end of it looked pretty cool. I looked on amazon and it appears they make one for every day of the year. Verizon has one that can use its network. My friend's, needed a wireless network available. He laughed and said that that hasn't been a problem yet with so many unsecured networks.

I think his was about $200. I think it's nifty looking, but haven't felt too compelled to buy one yet.

thats what im noticing as well, makes it hard to buy one. i dont need to many features though.

6ballsisall
01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I have a Samsung i730. Best thing since sliced bread. Several years back I had an Ipaq. It was ok and served its purpose. If you want it for email while traveling I would think you would want something like the i730 or a Treo. Some of the new Ipaqs have Wi-fi but then you have to find a Wifi spot to grab email.

east tx skier
01-23-2006, 11:39 PM
My friends just has a plain old wireless. They have one that's compatible with Verizon though.