PDA

View Full Version : Raised seat on a '96 prostar

bobbyB
01-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Wondering if anyone out there has run into the same prob, and if so, is there a fix? During the summer I sometimes find myself not sitting in the seat, but rather, I place one knee on the seat. I find that getting myself elevated helps to be able to turn around and watch the skier better and also I get above the windshield for some wind on the face. If any of you have done this, you'll be able to back me when I say that you can only maintain this position for a short period of time before your body starts sending you unfreindly messages. Last summer I saw a buddy of mines boat seat where the front 1/2 of the seat flipped up to elevate the driver, but I really don't want to replace my whole seat. Have any of you out there seen some sort of add-on for the underside of the stock seat that allowes it to easily adjust heights????

Steve

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the board. Go to www.wakesiderides.com. There, there is a how to on adding a flipup bolster to your driver's seat. If it's not there, you might also try www.themalibucrew.com. The how-to was original on the old malibu owners board and most, if not all, of that stuff got moved to wakesiderides. Ryan will know for sure. I've not seen any walkthroughs on that mod on this board, but it sounds like a good one.

Be sure to take pictures if you do it and post them here.

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Here's the how to (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=162)

and here's the alternative to a bolster seat (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=165)

milkmania
01-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Wondering if anyone out there has run into the same prob, and if so, is there a fix? During the summer I sometimes find myself not sitting in the seat, but rather, I place one knee on the seat. I find that getting myself elevated helps to be able to turn around and watch the skier better and also I get above the windshield for some wind on the face. If any of you have done this, you'll be able to back me when I say that you can only maintain this position for a short period of time before your body starts sending you unfreindly messages. Last summer I saw a buddy of mines boat seat where the front 1/2 of the seat flipped up to elevate the driver, but I really don't want to replace my whole seat. Have any of you out there seen some sort of add-on for the underside of the stock seat that allowes it to easily adjust heights????

Steve

I feel you!!!

We had a member replace his seat skins, and he had someone create the folding riser..... about page 2, I think
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4682&page=1&pp=10&highlight=upholstery

milkmania
01-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Here's the how to (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=162)

and here's the alternative to a bolster seat (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=165)

I like that "how-to"

have a drink with me, it's Friday:toast:

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
As soon as I get home. One of my friends was just appointed Federal Magistrate and had his investiture today. Glad to go support, but I had a headache by the time all was said and done.

Beer's a callin'.

rodltg2
01-20-2006, 06:51 PM
what using the throwable cushion?

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 06:54 PM
That's worked for us for some time now.

bobbyB
01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Printed off the first version. I'll take it into the boat tonight and see if it'll work on a MC. At first I thought you were yanking my chain when the second one started off with "phone book"! I like the idea of being able to fold it away, rather than having one more thing kicking around the bottom of the boat.

bobbyB
01-20-2006, 07:05 PM
being one to have things "perfect", once again having one that folds down is more appealing.

bobbyB
01-20-2006, 07:06 PM
And yes, there's an Alaskan Amber with my name on it.

rodltg2
01-20-2006, 07:06 PM
now i thought of a wish for my boat. electric seat adustments like on a car including up an down. would the motors get fried though with the water?

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 07:34 PM
And yes, there's an Alaskan Amber with my name on it.

That sounds good. What's it called?

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 07:34 PM
now i thought of a wish for my boat. electric seat adustments like on a car including up an down. would the motors get fried though with the water?

You could seal them like with the marine stereos.

rodltg2
01-20-2006, 07:41 PM
that would be a cool option. especially for people like me who course ski and use public water to yahoo it up

bobbyB
01-20-2006, 08:07 PM
It comes from the Alaskan Brewing Co. and the one I like is called Alaskan Amber. First came around Washington here about 4-5 yrs ago. Pretty good micro-brew.

c640947
01-21-2006, 11:40 AM
On the 95 and 96 prostar the lower lumbar cushin is velcro-ed in and pulls off so you can use it as a booster. I didnt realize this until this summer when someone did it on my 95.

erkoehler
01-21-2006, 02:52 PM
On the 95 and 96 prostar the lower lumbar cushin is velcro-ed in and pulls off so you can use it as a booster. I didnt realize this until this summer when someone did it on my 95.
So, do you just sit it on the seat, or do you rearrange the cushions somehow?

c640947
01-22-2006, 12:00 PM
There are three pieces to my seat - the cushin on the bottom which is white, a cushion in the lowest corner of the seat, aso white and pretty much used to hold the other two in place and a cushion above that that is your accent color. When you are sitting in the seat normally it shoudl be at the small of your back. If you want to sit up, you take out the accent color cushion and put it on bottom cushion up against the corner cushion, if that makes sense. It is essentially the same thing as using a throwable to sit on, but it is conveniently there and can easily be put away. If it doesn't make sense I can take some pictures.

bobbyB
01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
I'd be interested to see some pics, as this would be the fastest/most economical way to go.

bobbyB
01-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Went and looked at the seat last night. You were right about the cushions being velcro'd in. Although it doesn't boost me up quit as far as I had origonally wanted, it's going to work just fine. The little bit of difference in height doesn't justify trying to modify to the bolster seat option. Thanks for the info everyone.

c640947
01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
NP. I am gonna be out of town for a couple of days, but let me know if you still need pics. But it sounds like you have figured it out about as much as I have.