milkmania
01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Looks like it is in the running for my next vehicle :headbang:

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/9655/07sub3uh.png

Nice job GM!!

I like it!

any more info? I'm assuming 2007 model?

edit:
nevermind, I found it at their website, but you have to sift through the 06 stuff

Cloaked
01-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Diesel engine not available. Nice try GM. Thanks for playing...

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban/features/

Footin
01-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I looked at an 02 today, these pictures make me want to wait. Oh well, probably go with a used one and save 30k.

MarkP
01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Iím still not feelin it.. Looks like the Explorer to me now..http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/images/smilies/graemlins/y7.gif

Footin
01-20-2006, 08:05 PM
From the pictures it looks like a Dodge Magnum on steroids.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Diesel engine not available. Nice try GM. Thanks for playing...

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban/features/

Diesel is still about $.50 a gallon more than gas here. Maybe more in some areas. Tell me what the benefit is of having Diesel again.

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Almost a cross between an Explorer and a Navigater. Good looking but similar.
Iím still not feelin it.. Looks like the Explorer to me now..http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/images/smilies/graemlins/y7.gif

RackAtak
01-20-2006, 08:39 PM
It looks like it has alot of the Escalade lines.

milkmania
01-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Almost a cross between an Explorer and a Navigater. Good looking but similar.

actually, I think the back has some Dodge Magnum charastics to it....

albeit, very slight!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 09:25 PM
actually, I think the back has some Dodge Magnum charastics to it....

albeit, very slight!
That would be about like saying the backsides of the Broke back mountain characters have similar characteristics to yours. Two different animals, but they both have backs. Yeah and.............;)

milkmania
01-20-2006, 09:37 PM
That would be about like saying the backsides of the Broke back mountain characters have similar characteristics to yours. Two different animals, but they both have backs. Yeah and.............;)

too many beers......I gotta think for a minute.

something will come to mehttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/hidesbehindsofa.gif

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 10:28 PM
too many beers......I gotta think for a minute.

something will come to mehttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/hidesbehindsofa.gif
....Ahhhemmmmm.....................?? You tucked away for the evening or what early bird?

Leroy
01-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Looks like a BIG Toyota sequoia.

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Ole Milky referencs that movie way too often! Come back Milky! Only another cowboy knows for sure. It is lonely in them thar hills! I would go with the cow first!
....Ahhhemmmmm.....................?? You tucked away for the evening or what early bird?

milkmania
01-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Ole Milky referencs that movie way too often! Come back Milky! Only another cowboy knows for sure. It is lonely in them thar hills! I would go with the cow first!

let's get this straight right now!!!

from IMDB.com
An epic love story set against the sweeping vistas of Wyoming and Texas, Brokeback Mountain tells the story of two young men - a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy - who meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love.

it says nothing about Oklahomahttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 11:06 PM
I would expect you to reference OK Homa! Once again where you find it I don't care but the fact that you find it scares me! I am LOL an EPIC!!!! In what country? :D PS Just caught the smileys!!! I spit beer all over!
let's get this straight right now!!!

from IMDB.com

it says nothing about Oklahomahttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Looks like a BIG Toyota sequoia.
:confused: About as much as anything else does too I guess... It has a little Corvette look to it too....:confused:

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Sweeping vistas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic!!!!!!!!Rodeo Cowboy!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
QUOTE=milkmania]let's get this straight right now!!!

from IMDB.com

it says nothing about Oklahomahttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif[/QUOTE]

Leroy
01-20-2006, 11:20 PM
okay dokay, it's OK in OK!!!!!!! :eek:

Where do you get those Milk? Wait don't answer.....

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 11:23 PM
I can't stop laughing after that one Leroy!!!!!!!!!! Did you see the smileys? Good one! You are my hero now!
okay dokay, it's OK in OK!!!!!!! :eek:

Where do you get those Milk? Wait don't answer.....

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Did you see the smileys?
That depends, was it ok to see them?!?! What are they, do smilies have.......

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't even want to think about it! But I think I could watch them all night! Is that wrong?That depends, was it ok to see them?!?! What are they, do smilies have.......

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't even want to think about it! But I think I could watch them all night! Is that wrong?The funny part is, Hers eyes close when.....

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah but what about the toes? I think she he is blinkin'!The funny part is, Hers eyes close when.....

PendO
01-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Diesel is still about $.50 a gallon more than gas here. Maybe more in some areas. Tell me what the benefit is of having Diesel again.

Torque

Longer lasting engine

Workin' 4 Toys
01-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Torque

Longer lasting engine
I think these days, both are debatable.
I will leaning more towards gas in my next truck purchase considering MPG's, HP, Fuel prices, Maitenance, initial cost. I can't see coming out ahead anymore. And who keeps them 200K anymore.

PendO
01-21-2006, 01:17 AM
I will leaning more towards gas in my next truck purchase considering MPG's, HP, Fuel prices, Maitenance, initial cost. I can't see coming out ahead anymore. And who keeps them 200K anymore.

My 1999 dodge ram has 151K miles

I get anywhere from 17-20 mpg depending upon the the type of driving

@ 17 mpg that is 8882 gallons of diesel

if it was the V-10 I would be hard pressed to get 10 mpg, which would be 15100 gallons of regular.

If diesel is 2.75 ... $24425.50

If gas was 50 cents less 2.25 ...$33975.00

The diesel cost 4k more in 99, so I am ahead by a few grand (5549.50), after you consider the additional cost of the diesel ...

Not like I am running out for a new car payment, but the better mileage in the diesel pays for the engine pretty quickly. IMO

Workin' 4 Toys
01-21-2006, 04:52 PM
My 1999 dodge ram has 151K miles

I get anywhere from 17-20 mpg depending upon the the type of driving

@ 17 mpg that is 8882 gallons of diesel

if it was the V-10 I would be hard pressed to get 10 mpg, which would be 15100 gallons of regular.

If diesel is 2.75 ... $24425.50

If gas was 50 cents less 2.25 ...$33975.00

The diesel cost 4k more in 99, so I am ahead by a few grand (5549.50), after you consider the additional cost of the diesel ...

Not like I am running out for a new car payment, but the better mileage in the diesel pays for the engine pretty quickly. IMO
I have one too, and these days it isn't adding up. How about Maintenance?

PendO
01-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I have one too, and these days it isn't adding up. How about Maintenance?

Guess I must be lucky that way ... aside from the front brake rotors being undersized and wearing out brakes earlier than I would like, no real problems ... my 96 had some tranny problems ... my dad's 03 has been trouble free ... but my brother's 04 is gas (hemi) 1/2 ton, and he has been trouble free as well. I will probably put 300k on mine b4 I look to get a new one, but I suppose if I was only going to put 150K on it I might look at gas ... either way they are all damn expensive.

Cloaked
01-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I will leaning more towards gas in my next truck purchase considering MPG's, HP, Fuel prices, Maitenance, initial cost. I can't see coming out ahead anymore. And who keeps them 200K anymore.Put yEr foot into one.

Gas trucks will not get any better MPG. Gasoline is an inefficient resource for combustion power. Period.

I just prefer a top performing machine. Diesel powered engines do indeed provide torque and longevity.

Where I can't see this mathmatical wizardry is that if one doesn't choose to keep a truck for 200k-plus miles (which I can rack up easily in 3-4 years), why do the math to nullify it with loss of depreciation and replacement every 100k or so? There lies a losing proposition if I have ever seen one.

There's really no justification at all between a gasser and a diesel other than personal preference.

But there again, it's each to their own.... I do not do math on fuel prices. I don't care at this point of investments and service that I demand from a vehicle. I just use it and abuse it. Boats and trucks are a bottomless money pit. All part of the game I suppose.

By the same token, I luVs my gasser Accord... :guitar:

OhioProstar
01-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Anyone running the E85 option? I have seen some write ups on it, but never seen a station offering alternative fuel.

I saw the a new Tahoo being prepped at our local dealer. It looks pretty good in person. Better than the pictures. I can't wait to see the T900 truck line.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I appreciated the torque much more when I used to tow the Jeep/trailer around (which is why I got it in the first place). The Yukon would have a hard time (I think), but it could do it. But with the Jeep gone, and having an X7 that by all measures is very light, and the snowmobiles weigh next to nothing. I don't think I will get another set for awhile inside a 4 or 6 place trailer, I am thinking why would I bother again. Don't get me wrong, I like the power, and LOVE the sound of my '02 before they cheezed them all up and made them way too quiet.
When I bought my 02, Diesel here was $0.99 a gal. Gas was about $1.29 if I recall correctly. It was a no brainer. Now, I would second think myself at the dealer. 50 gallons a week diesel or gas. Diesel at 2.89 and reg. at 2.25 I would be asking myself if the $6000.00 option and $100.00 oil changes every 1 1/2 months is worth it. And it only tows on weekends. (This is me thinking out loud to myself) I am not saying this is FACT.

PendO
01-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah, diesel at less than a buck ... I remember ... having not bought new in a while I was not aware that the upgrade was costing that much ... I also have heard some guys complaining about there new dodge's mpg with the diesel ... but that is what happens when they get the wrong gear ratio for their needs ... not intentionally, but I often forget to get my oil changed until 6-7K, we are using a Chevron synthetic that seems to do well, and when its drained it still looks farily clean ... my driver seat will need to be re-upholstered b4 the engine needs work:)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Mine, gets done at the dealer, with Motorcraft 15W40. I don't know why, I just do (maybe for the paperwork:D ). Perhaps it's that my catch can is ONLY 3 gallons, and it takes a 4 to catch it all. Either way, I will be TRYING to convince myself one way or the other if/when I buy another 3/4 or 1 ton Pickup.
Maybe if I kept my vehicles longer....... I get bored REALLY fast, I may have mentioned this.:o

PendO
01-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Mine, gets done at the dealer, with Motorcraft 15W40. I don't know why, I just do (maybe for the paperwork:D ). Perhaps it's that my catch can is ONLY 3 gallons, and it takes a 4 to catch it all. Either way, I will be TRYING to convince myself one way or the other if/when I buy another 3/4 or 1 ton Pickup.
Maybe if I kept my vehicles longer....... I get bored REALLY fast, I may have mentioned this.:o

Cheaper than trading in a spouse:)

Anyone know how Jrandols thing with his durango turned out?

erkoehler
01-22-2006, 12:41 AM

I believe it is a work in progress, last I heard, he had turned it over to the lawyer.... :(

Workin' 4 Toys
01-22-2006, 12:50 AM
With JR's Durango, All I know is he can't talk about it on here. I would bet not so good if he still has it. He was talkin' about the replacement being a Beemer.....

6ballsisall
01-22-2006, 08:46 AM

Attorneys say I can't talk about it. There's to many attorneys in this world. (Excluding Easty! :cool: )

Cloaked
01-22-2006, 09:29 AM
........ There's to many attorneys in this world. (Excluding Easty! :cool: )He doesn't count anyway!! :D :D ;)

maristarman
01-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Just got back from having our 2004 suburban that we haven't even had for a year and a half towed to the shop since the transmission went out on it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Or, it may be time for you to replace the '04.....;) JK, Sorry to hear your misfortune.
Hope they work it out for you.

maristarman
01-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Or, it may be time for you to replace the '04.....;) JK, Sorry to hear your misfortune.
Hope they work it out for you.

You know, we replaced a 99 that never had 1 problem with the 04, and this is the 2nd transmission related problem in 3 weeks. Last time we were able to at least drive into the dealership.

Not so lucky this time. :cry:

We thought we were upgrading to a more powerful engine and better brakes (we did replace the brake pads 3 x in 5 years on the 99).

Without a transmission, neither one of them matters.

Ric
01-23-2006, 12:37 AM
whew I had a 94 and a 96 z71 that absolutely ate front brake pads. I think i replaced them every 20k miles!! Glad gm got that one ironed out. I was the jerk that took auto zone up on their lifetime warranty brake pads when it came to those two trucks! It definitely paid off.

JEREMY79
01-23-2006, 10:22 AM
I have a 95 chevy truck that you cannot keep brakes on. It is like every 18k miles. but oh well.

RexDog1
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I have a 95 chevy truck that you cannot keep brakes on. It is like every 18k miles. but oh well.

JEREMY

I have a Z71 And I have the same problem with the front brakes
I have been told the problem is the drivers right foot

JEREMY79
01-23-2006, 10:32 AM
I dont really drive mine though. It is used mostly for pulling the boat (thats the problem) and hauling feed. And maybe, sometimes, ocasionally in the mud :rolleyes:

Cloaked
01-23-2006, 12:32 PM
You know, we replaced a 99 that never had 1 problem with the 04, and this is the 2nd transmission related problem in 3 weeks. Last time we were able to at least drive into the dealership.

We thought we were upgrading to a more powerful engine and better brakes (we did replace the brake pads 3 x in 5 years on the 99).

Without a transmission, neither one of them matters.All I can suggest is the Allison tranny and wish you the best of success in getting going. Allison makes a sweet automatic, electronic-shift 6 speed.

Diesel
01-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Put yEr foot into one.

Gas trucks will not get any better MPG. Gasoline is an inefficient resource for combustion power. Period.

I just prefer a top performing machine. Diesel powered engines do indeed provide torque and longevity.

Where I can't see this mathmatical wizardry is that if one doesn't choose to keep a truck for 200k-plus miles (which I can rack up easily in 3-4 years), why do the math to nullify it with loss of depreciation and replacement every 100k or so? There lies a losing proposition if I have ever seen one.

There's really no justification at all between a gasser and a diesel other than personal preference.

But there again, it's each to their own.... I do not do math on fuel prices. I don't care at this point of investments and service that I demand from a vehicle. I just use it and abuse it. Boats and trucks are a bottomless money pit. All part of the game I suppose.

By the same token, I luVs my gasser Accord... :guitar:

I agree and think so many diesel owners try way too hard to justify their purchase.........

If you factor in all the costs and do a complete comparison the numbers never favor the diesel. A case could be made when diesel was cheaper than gas but now it does not add up given the considerable $ of the diesel option coupled with the increased maintenance $, the gas will usually have better numbers.

With that said, I loved both my diesel trucks and will eventually own one again. It's all about the power and torque late model diesels are cranking out. They are fun as hell to drive empty and can still pull the tongue of the trailer!!

It is very unfortunate the burban will not get the Duramax. I guess it just does not appeal to the masses and think about how much the MSRP would be on a diesel burban.......... my guess is $60K+ and at that price it probably would not be worth it to me.......

Now I just have to wait and see what the new HD Crew Cab looks like!!

jimmer2880
01-23-2006, 01:40 PM
whew I had a 94 and a 96 z71 that absolutely ate front brake pads. I think i replaced them every 20k miles!! Glad gm got that one ironed out. I was the jerk that took auto zone up on their lifetime warranty brake pads when it came to those two trucks! It definitely paid off.

It could be worse... I once owned a '93 dakota that I would need to get the rotors turned every 30,000 miles. I had 2 sets, that way when they needed to be turned - I took the spares into the shop. I have since sold the truck and changed to the cheapest bonded pads available (non-lifetime). Haven't had that problem since (don't know if it was the truck, or the pads).

Diesel
01-23-2006, 03:08 PM

Without a transmission, neither one of them matters.

It's a fluke. Your 99 and 04 have the same transmission sans programing. Sometimes you get a good one sometimes you don't. What does the dealer claim the problem is??

jayocheskey
01-23-2006, 03:10 PM
The new Suburbans are NICE!!! I just hope a demand exists for them with gas prices the way they are. Same case for all SUV's.

bcampbe7
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM
The new Suburbans are NICE!!! I just hope a demand exists for them with gas prices the way they are. Same case for all SUV's.

My opinion (and that's all it is, so take it for what it's worth) on this is the buyer can afford a $40K+ SUV they can afford the gas.
I knew it was going to be expensive to drive and maintain my SUV when I bought it. Does it prevent me from complaining about the high gas prices? No, because I feel they are high for apparent reason other than greed. Will it prevent me from owning an SUV? No, I have to get the boat from the house to the lake. :D

jayocheskey
01-23-2006, 03:49 PM
My opinion (and that's all it is, so take it for what it's worth) on this is the buyer can afford a $40K+ SUV they can afford the gas.
I knew it was going to be expensive to drive and maintain my SUV when I bought it. Does it prevent me from complaining about the high gas prices? No, because I feel they are high for apparent reason other than greed. Will it prevent me from owning an SUV? No, I have to get the boat from the house to the lake. :D
I see what you are saying. We have a Tahoe and if it weren't for its towing capabilities; we would have gotten rid of it at least a year ago. What about those people who don't have anything to tow?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I am demanding one.....as soon as I convince my wife the '04 has seen better days.....:D
I do plan on bringing her to the auto show in a few weeks and selling her on the Nav system. I am willing to bet she will "like" the idea.....and there is a 3 year difference to get in the '07. The hard part is we haven't caught up to that darn 5 year loan yet..:(

Workin' 4 Toys
01-23-2006, 03:56 PM
What about those people who don't have anything to tow?
I like my buddies thinking on that question. "I may someday" that's enough reason for me....:D

bcampbe7
01-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I see what you are saying. We have a Tahoe and if it weren't for its towing capabilities; we would have gotten rid of it at least a year ago.

I agree...

What about those people who don't have anything to tow?

If I didn't have a boat to tow, or anything for that matter, I would have some sort of sports car that would get equally bad gas mileage. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
If I didn't have a boat to tow, or anything for that matter, I would have some sort of sports car that would get equally bad gas mileage. :D
:purplaugh LOL!!!! Good one. I like the way you think.

jayocheskey
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I agree...

We're cut from the same mold. Those new Corvettes have been calling to me, "Come buy me, Come buy me."

bcampbe7
01-23-2006, 04:14 PM
We're cut from the same mold. Those new Corvettes have been calling to me, "Come buy me, Come buy me."

I have long been a Viper guy (love them, don't own one), but those new Z06's are bada$$!

jayocheskey
01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
I have long been a Viper guy (love them, don't own one), but those new Z06's are bada$$!
I'm right with you on that one too. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the '96 GTS - Blue w/ White Racing Stripes.