PDA

View Full Version : Offers Truce, Not likely....

Workin' 4 Toys
01-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I doubt it,

Bin Laden Threatens Attacks, Offers Truce
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2006/01/19/307743.html

SKI*MC
01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
i wonder if he is still alive, or if all those are totally pre-recorded... that should be a poll. W4T, can you make this into a poll?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-19-2006, 11:23 PM
i wonder if he is still alive, or if all those are totally pre-recorded... that should be a poll. W4T, can you make this into a poll?
Piece of cake. First time though...!! Only one screw up....
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6834

milkmania
01-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Full Text of bin Laden Tape

By The Associated Press

January 19, 2006, 9:23 PM EST

The following is the full text of a new audiotape from al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. Parts of the tape were aired on Al-Jazeera television, which published the entire version on its Web site. The text was translated from the Arabic by The Associated Press.

Bin Laden appears to be addressing the American people:

My message to you is about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and how to end them. I did not intend to speak to you about this because this issue has already been decided. Only metal breaks metal, and our situation, thank God, is only getting better and better, while your situation is the opposite of that.

But I plan to speak about the repeated errors your President Bush has committed in comments on the results of your polls that show an overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq. But he (Bush) has opposed this wish and said that withdrawing troops sends the wrong message to opponents, that it is better to fight them (bin Laden's followers) on their land than their fighting us (Americans) on our land.

I can reply to these errors by saying that war in Iraq is raging with no let-up, and operations in Afghanistan are escalating in our favor, thank God, and Pentagon figures show the number of your dead and wounded is increasing not to mention the massive material losses, the destruction of the soldiers' morale there and the rise in cases of suicide among them. So you can imagine the state of psychological breakdown that afflicts a soldier as he gathers the remains of his colleagues after they stepped on land mines that tore them apart. After this situation the soldier is caught between two hard options. He either refuses to leave his military camp on patrols and is therefore dogged by ruthless punishments enacted by the Vietnam Butcher (U.S. army) or he gets destroyed by the mines. This puts him under psychological pressure, fear and humiliation while his nation is ignorant of that (what is going on). The soldier has no solution except to commit suicide. That is a strong message to you, written by his soul, blood and pain, to save what can be saved from this hell. The solution is in your hands if you care about them (the soldiers).

The news of our brother mujahideen (holy warriors) is different from what the Pentagon publishes. They (the news of mujahideen) and what the media report is the truth of what is happening on the ground. And what deepens the doubt over the White House's information is the fact that it targets the media reporting the truth from the ground. And it has appeared lately, supported by documents, that the butcher of freedom in the world (Bush) had decided to bomb the headquarters of the Al-Jazeera in Qatar after bombing its offices in Kabul and Baghdad.

On another issue, jihad (holy war) is ongoing, thank God, despite all the oppressive measures adopted by the U.S Army and its agents (which is) to a point where there is no difference between this criminality and Saddam's criminality, as it has reached the degree of raping women and taking them as hostages instead of their husbands.

As for torturing men, they have used burning chemical acids and drills on their joints. And when they give up on (interrogating) them, they sometimes use the drills on their heads until they die. Read, if you will, the reports of the horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons.

And I say that, despite all the barbaric methods, they have not broken the fierceness of the resistance. The mujahideen, thank God, are increasing in number and strength -- so much so that reports point to the ultimate failure and defeat of the unlucky quartet of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz. Declaring this defeat is just a matter of time, depending partly on how much the American people know of the size of this tragedy. The sensible people realize that Bush does not have a plan to make his alleged victory in Iraq come true.

And if you compare the small number of dead on the day that Bush announced the end of major operations in that fake, ridiculous show aboard the aircraft carrier with the tenfold number of dead and wounded who were killed in the smaller operations, you would know the truth of what I say. This is that Bush and his administration do not have the will or the ability to get out of Iraq for their own private, suspect reasons.

And so to return to the issue, I say that results of polls please those who are sensible, and Bush's opposition to them is a mistake. The reality shows that the war against America and its allies has not been limited to Iraq as he (Bush) claims. Iraq has become a point of attraction and restorer of (our) energies. At the same time, the mujahideen (holy warriors), with God's grace, have managed repeatedly to penetrate all security measures adopted by the unjust allied countries. The proof of that is the explosions you have seen in the capitals of the European nations who are in this aggressive coalition. The delay in similar operations happening in America has not been because of failure to break through your security measures. The operations are under preparation and you will see them in your homes the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission.

Based on what has been said, this shows the errors of Bush's statement -- the one that slipped from him -- which is at the heart of polls calling for withdrawing the troops. It is better that we (Americans) don't fight Muslims on their lands and that they don't fight us on ours.

We don't mind offering you a long-term truce on fair conditions that we adhere to. We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war. There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America who have supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars -- which lets us understand the insistence by Bush and his gang to carry on with war.

If you (Americans) are sincere in your desire for peace and security, we have answered you. And if Bush decides to carry on with his lies and oppression, then it would be useful for you to read the book "Rogue State," which states in its introduction: "If I were president, I would stop the attacks on the United States: First I would give an apology to all the widows and orphans and those who were tortured. Then I would announce that American interference in the nations of the world has ended once and for all."

Finally, I say that war will go either in our favor or yours. If it is the former, it means your loss and your shame forever, and it is headed in this course. If it is the latter, read history! We are people who do not stand for injustice and we will seek revenge all our lives. The nights and days will not pass without us taking vengeance like on Sept. 11, God permitting. Your minds will be troubled and your lives embittered. As for us, we have nothing to lose. A swimmer in the ocean does not fear the rain. You have occupied our lands, offended our honor and dignity and let out our blood and stolen our money and destroyed our houses and played with our security and we will give you the same treatment.

You have tried to prevent us from leading a dignified life, but you will not be able to prevent us from a dignified death. Failing to carry out jihad, which is called for in our religion, is a sin. The best death to us is under the shadows of swords. Don't let your strength and modern arms fool you. They win a few battles but lose the war. Patience and steadfastness are much better. We were patient in fighting the Soviet Union with simple weapons for 10 years and we bled their economy and now they are nothing.

In that there is a lesson for you.

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 11:31 AM
For you Family Guy fans out there.

Family Guy Bin Laden Video (http://216.227.223.210/videos/060104-family-guy-bin-laden-video.wmv)

RackAtak
01-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Full Text of bin Laden Tape

By The Associated Press

January 19, 2006, 9:23 PM EST

The following is the full text of a new audiotape from al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. Parts of the tape were aired on Al-Jazeera television, which published the entire version on its Web site. The text was translated from the Arabic by The Associated Press.

...Finally, I say that war will go either in our favor or yours. If it is the former, it means your loss and your shame forever, and it is headed in this course. If it is the latter, read history! We are people who do not stand for injustice and we will seek revenge all our lives. The nights and days will not pass without us taking vengeance like on Sept. 11, God permitting. Your minds will be troubled and your lives embittered. As for us, we have nothing to lose. A swimmer in the ocean does not fear the rain. You have occupied our lands, offended our honor and dignity and let out our blood and stolen our money and destroyed our houses and played with our security and we will give you the same treatment...

In that there is a lesson for you.
Unfortunately, we will never defeat this type of passion :(

OhioProstar
01-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately, we will never defeat this type of passion :(

PLEASE....you must be a liberal with that losing attitude. Any idiot can write propaganda. I am sure speeches by Hilter, Stalin, and a host of leaders on the losing side of history sounded pretty passionate at the time. This guy is running from cave to cave every 2 hours...I wouldn't say he is in a power position.

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 01:35 PM
PLEASE....you must be a liberal with that losing attitude.

Just one guys opinion, and I by no means intend this as a negative shot toward anyone personally, but I think we all have a tendency to oversimplify all this stuff. I blame sound bytes, i.e, they hate us for our freedom, or this is all about oil. If the people in charge think it all boils down to such an easy reason, then they are likely mired in looking for an all-to-easy solution. I hope that's not the case. If it is, we should be worried.

I don't think the solution is the same or similar to what we did to overcome Hitler, Mussolinieither, or Japan (Hirohito, of course, remained as Emperor).

These guys are fighting an unconventional religious war---one that has been going on for hundreds upon hundreds of years before we were even a drop of tea in Boston Harbor. It's going to take more than just a winning attitude to overcome religious zealotry and it won't necessarily be won like we've won wars in the past. I don't know what the answer is, but if we're going to overcome this, we need to bring our A game and have a truly in-depth analysis of our enemy for starters.

Caveat. This post brings us no closer to any sort of answer. :wavey:

BriEOD
01-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Yep, it is all the Eastern Roman Empire's (Byzantium) fault.

RackAtak
01-20-2006, 01:50 PM
PLEASE....you must be a liberal with that losing attitude.
FAR FROM IT!!!

These guys are fighting an unconventional religious war---one that has been going on for hundreds upon hundreds of years before we were even a drop of tea in Boston Harbor.
This is what I meant. They will never stop! You can't control passion. These radicals are more passionate about their cause than we could ever imagine.

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 02:05 PM
The best comparison I can come up with is the war on drugs. The best hope from the goverment's standpoint is to control narcotics traficking even though the goal is to eliminate it. The problem is that you're less likely to be able to exercise even a modicum of control something that is underground. There are obviously downsides to decriminalization. I could go on and on.

Clearly, the answer was not as simple as "just say no."

Turning to the war on terror, and specifically suicide bombers, one of many problems is that they're hard to spot. Much more so than the kamakazi pilots who were kind enough to draw big red rising suns on their planes. Not to mention that bomb belts are surely easier and cheaper to construct than a plane filled with petrol. I could go on and on.

Discuss.

OhioProstar
01-20-2006, 02:18 PM
They are much easier to spot in the US than any other region of the world. We just choose to buckle to the ALCU and refuse to profile people. Any marketing major in college can tell you that to reach a target market with your product you have to know who it is that will buy. Blond, blue-eyed Sweds aren't generally waging Jihad.

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Blond, blue-eyed [Swedes] aren't generally waging Jihad.

Not in a general sense, but it only takes one exception. And if that exception has the word kilo-ton attached to it, I, for one, will wish we hadn't made it.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Blond, blue-eyed Sweds aren't generally waging Jihad.
Well, I'm glad I don't meet your profile of a Suicide B. unfor. for me, it seems as if I meet the profile in an airprt now.:mad:
I don't remember the last time I read or heard of a Swede doing such a thing. Maybe somewhere in the world it happened once....:confused:

skitilldark
01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I'll bet he can't even get up on a pair of combos. freakin' loser.

OhioProstar
01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Let me clear the air a bit RakAtak(which I should not have labeled a Lib) responded to a quote from OBL with "Unfortunately, we will never defeat this type of passion" which without additional comments led me to believe that he was spreading some sort of defeatist attitude about the war on terror. ETS said that the enemy is harder to spot then say a Kamikaze pilot and asked for comments…to which I simply said that it would be easier to profile the people who harbor ill will towards Western civilization. The problem is we are hampered by the ACLU and their ilk. W4T I picked a general profile that did NOT meet the mold of a homocide bomber.

I'll bet he can't even get up on a pair of combos. freakin' loser.
You can't hold my jock...I just noticed your posts. Is that you JimJohn?

RackAtak
01-20-2006, 09:05 PM
I thought about my post after your reply and I agree I should have qualified my remarks about passion. ETS summed up what I was thinking but not typing. No harm, no foul. I'm with you!

Consider what we are dealing with as far as what these radical Muslims believe and how they live their life...choose life and take your chances, or choose death by becoming a martyr and 21 virgins will be waiting for you when you get to heaven. Odds are that all those virgins will be wh**es by the time they get there due to all of the other martyr's that got there before them. Call me a pessimist, but I'll choose life everyday.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 09:26 PM
W4T I picked a general profile that did NOT meet the mold of a homocide bomber.
I know, and I'm glad you used my profile...:D Hopefully they will get off my back!!!

Speaking of that. I just heard the Gov. will be selling passes for $80-$100 annual if you don't want them to screen you at the airports anymore.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 10:18 PM
What's with the Gov. going to Yahoo, AOL and Google to see what the world is seaching for on the internet. There was just some brief details on the news, its boring, so I'd rather not sit through it to find out what "they" have to say.

milkmania
01-21-2006, 10:33 PM
this is crazy!!!:eek:

Author's sales jump after Osama mentions book

Fri Jan 20, 7:31 PM ET

An unexpected endorsement from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has resulted in a huge jump in sales for a book by a critic of U.S. foreign policy.

William Blum's "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" was ranked 209,000 on Amazon.com's sales list before bin Laden mentioned it in an audiotape released on Thursday. By Friday, the book was No. 30 on the Amazon.com list.

Bin Laden said al Qaeda group was preparing more attacks in the United States but also told Americans, "It is useful for you to read the book 'The Rogue State.'"

"I was quite surprised and even shocked and amused when I found out what he'd said," Blum said on Friday in an interview with Reuters Television in his Washington apartment.

"I was glad. I knew it would help the book's sales and I was not bothered by who it was coming from.

"If he shares with me a deep dislike for the certain aspects of U.S. foreign policy, then I'm not going to spurn any endorsement of the book by him. I think it's good that he shares those views and I'm not turned off by that."

Blum said some friends and family members were afraid the bin Laden endorsement might endanger him but he said there had been no threats and he was not concerned.

Blum's 320-page book, which was published in 2000, begins with a chapter titled "Why Do Terrorists Keep Picking on the United States." The first sentence says, "Washington's war on terrorism is as doomed to failure as its war on drugs has been."

Other chapters in "The Rogue State" are titled "America's Gift to the World -- the Afghan Terrorist Alumni," "The U.S. Versus the World at the United Nations" and "How the CIA Sent Nelson Mandela to Prison for 28 Years."

Blum's other books include "Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II," "Freeing the World to Death: Essays on the American Empire" and "West Bloc Dissident: A Cold War Political Memoir."

OhioProstar
01-21-2006, 11:12 PM
There were a couple good shows on Discovery tonight about this topic. One on how the groups form rather autonomously like the London bombers and also how larger strategic cells form.