PDA

View Full Version : Marketing 101

Hoosier Bob
01-19-2006, 10:26 PM
If you can't beat them join them. If you can't join them steal them away! :D I work for a national automobile indirect finance company. We happen to be the largest financial institution in the world. The Indianapolis market has been represented by the same two people for the last 5-6 years, myself being one. Today I found my partner in crime has decided to join my strongest competitor. Yes I accept the challenge but at the same time it is very disappointing and has led to a very long day. The sad thing is he is a turn key operation and our powers that be have done nothing to retain him. We live in a world that has found reason to walk away than stand and fight. I will miss working with this person and feel we have lost a great resource. Happens every day? :rant:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Happens every day? :rant:
Agreed.
Train, train, train....... Absorb the competitions weakness from the inside, then attack.
Seems normal.

vegashomeexpert
01-19-2006, 11:30 PM
If you can't beat them join them. If you can't join them steal them away! :D I work for a national automobile indirect finance company. We happen to be the largest financial institution in the world. The Indianapolis market has been represented by the same two people for the last 5-6 years, myself being one. Today I found my partner in crime has decided to join my strongest competitor. Yes I accept the challenge but at the same time it is very disappointing and has led to a very long day. The sad thing is he is a turn key operation and our powers that be have done nothing to retain him. We live in a world that has found reason to walk away than stand and fight. I will miss working with this person and feel we have lost a great resource. Happens every day? :rant:
HB, sorry for your loss. However, how many people were doing business with him because of the company he worked for and not because of who he is? This could be a huge opportunity for you to gain that business if you work it right. He could have been a great guy and all, but now he is the ENEMY! Good luck!

Hoosier Bob
01-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Agreed, I am ready for the challenge and have no issues with innocent casualties. I believe our sales force is the best prepared and most well equiped. That being said I will not enjoy defeating them as much as I had before. They are represented by a 2-1 ratio. We support 60-80 dealerships while they support 25-35 per rep. Change is good and competition is better. Thanks for the sounding board. HB, sorry for your loss. However, how many people were doing business with him because of the company he worked for and not because of who he is? This could be a huge opportunity for you to gain that business if you work it right. He could have been a great guy and all, but now he is the ENEMY! Good luck!

Leroy
01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Go get em Bob! I wouldn't want to be in his shoes! However, it is sad when you partners leave like that and become competitors.

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Man I can't wait until Wednesday sometime this spring! Jay and I will be out 3/20/06 if you are interested!
Thanks Leroy!
Go get em Bob! I wouldn't want to be in his shoes! However, it is sad when you partners leave like that and become competitors.

Leroy
01-20-2006, 12:10 AM
3/20 is a Monday, but I have it marked! I'm eager to get out also! I may not get a slip this year. So can launch anywhere.

Looking at college expenses and well I need to tighten up some!

Man I can't wait until Wednesday sometime this spring! Jay and I will be out 3/20/06 if you are interested!
Thanks Leroy!

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 12:15 AM
So I guess that would imply my boat? We are getting pics galore this year! You will be on the rotation now that your boat is mobile! :D 3/20 is a Monday, but I have it marked! I'm eager to get out also! I may not get a slip this year. So can launch anywhere.

Looking at college expenses and well I need to tighten up some!

Leroy
01-20-2006, 12:19 AM
We have to have a few video days. Dan, Mark and I video taped about once a month last summer and those are some great DVD's to watch, how bad I am, I even got better and still stink!!!!:D

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2006, 12:23 AM
You know you can Photo Shop! We can do all kinds of cool things! I plan on doing it all myself this year. I am bigger and badder! 175 BS I hit 195 and am still growin' baby! The extra 20 ought to feel great on that 66! :D
See yah!
We have to have a few video days. Dan, Mark and I video taped about once a month last summer and those are some great DVD's to watch, how bad I am, I even got better and still stink!!!!:D

Farmer Ted
01-20-2006, 12:30 AM
I even got better and still stink!!!!:D

But did you have fun?

That's all that matters

Leroy
01-20-2006, 12:32 AM
He77 yeah! I had more fun skiing/boarding last summer than ever!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 01:02 AM
I need to tighten up some!
Maybe it isn't the trailers fault......:D

Leroy
01-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Oh no, both Skitilldark and I have this problem!

Maybe it isn't the trailers fault......:D