PDA

View Full Version : Flushing engine on 98 PS190

firstmc
01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I've seen one gadget around that you hook into the return line to the engine that helps you flush it better. It has an easy connect for a hose. Anyone have any other ideas on how to flush a 98 PS190 after being in salt water?

east tx skier
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
The gadget is called Flush Pro by Perko. They've got it at www.overtons.com, among other places. They also have some stuff you can run through the cooling system to help with the salt.

Jim@BAWS
01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Just go the any hardware store and make one. Real easy a T and some
basic garden hose parts. Cut your hose between the intake and the Trans cooler. Or just take off the hose at the intake and put a garden hose in side turn on water about 1/2 way and run. Just curious why are you needing to flush? SALT water? If you are running a LT-1 DO NOT RUN IN SALT without closed cooling system

Jim@BAWS

I've seen one gadget around that you hook into the return line to the engine that helps you flush it better. It has an easy connect for a hose. Anyone have any other ideas on how to flush a 98 PS190 after being in salt water?

east tx skier
01-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Along the lines of what Jim is saying, buy some clear, flexible PVC hose with a 1.25" interior diameter, a 5 gallon bucket and a hose clamp. Hook the hose to the transmission cooler and drop the other end into the bucket. Fill the bucket 3/4 full and let your impeller pull the fresh water from the bucket so you know the engine's getting what it needs.

I built one like Jim is talking about, but I'd advise, if you do, put some sort of valve on it so you can control it from the boat.