PDA

View Full Version : So Few Tmc Members,

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm new to all this Team Talk stuff, and the computer, but i've read just about every thread and post on every forum on this site, and reviewed most every member public profile and i'm truely amazed as to how few on here are not members of TEAM MASTERCRAFT. Can anyone out there shed some light on this, because i believe MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO. would like to know too!

rodltg2
01-17-2006, 02:21 PM
i tried to become a member and i never got anything back. supposedly my first year was paid for my the dealer as a condition of the new boat purchase. never got crap.

River Rat
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm waiting for the beach towels!!! :dance:

ski_king
01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I have been a member for years and years.

What year did it start?

Cloaked
I'm new to all this Team Talk stuff, and the computer, but i've read just about every thread and post on every forum on this site, and reviewed most every member public profile and i'm truely amazed as to how few on here are not members of TEAM MASTERCRAFT. Can anyone out there shed some light on this, because i believe MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO. would like to know too!In my personal opinion, they offer nothing, absolutely nothing, that interests me nor is there an incentive to be a part of that assembly.

Towels just don't turn me on.

:twocents:

TMCNo1
i tried to become a member and i never got anything back. supposedly my first year was paid for my the dealer as a condition of the new boat purchase. never got crap.
MASTERCRAFT can you explain this, if the dealer did the paperwork,and warranty then, he should have been installed as a member, and then got a renewal notice when his first year was up?

Cloaked
01-17-2006, 02:29 PM
MASTERCRAFT can you explain this, if the dealer did the paperwork,and warranty then, he should have been installed as a member, and then got a renewal notice when his first year was up?Here's the man that has stepped up....

MC introduces new position

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the recent thread about dealers and communications, I felt it to be the appropriate time to introduce myself to this forum and to other viewing MasterCraft Owners. As the number of MasterCraft owners has increased, the decision has been made to create a new department called Owner Relations. Essentially, as manager of this new department, I will be monitoring both calls and emails to help our owners tackle any questions concerning their MasterCrafts. The Owner Relations Department will take your calls / emails, do the leg work to get you an answer and call you back with that information. Although we will work with you and your dealer to encourage the dealer/owner relationship, ultimately we want to ensure that our owners are taken care of and are receiving the service they expect and deserve. Please know that we are not looking to backdoor any of our dealers; we want to give them the support they need to enable them to take care of you. As I mentioned, I will also be monitoring all questions that come across the contact us page of Team Talk. I will forward some of these questions as they pertain to specific departments such as Team MasterCraft, Pro Shop, Website, & Athletes and events. Emails about parts, warranty & service will be dealt with as stated above.

In addition, I would like to involve you. Even though I have built very good relationships with all of the various departments in the plant and know who to go to to get answers, my hope would be that upon being faced with a question or issue that is tough to answer, I could post that on Team Talk to get input from all of you (no owners identity will be revealed on these posts). We have already referred several people to this site due to the valuable knowledge that is found here, especially for owners of the older boats. So if you see a post by MC Owner Relations– that is me.

Finally, I would hope that the Owner Relations Department would be a valuable resource for you as owners. In order for this new service to be successful, I would be interested to know what your past frustrations have been regarding communication with the factory. Was it that you had trouble getting through to us, spoke to the wrong person, no call back, etc? The bottom line is this: We do not want to just answer the phone to aimlessly hear complaints but rather we want to facilitate a reasonable resolution in order to ensure that you are not only a satisfied MasterCraft owner now but that you will always be a satisfied MasterCraft owner.

Greg Clower
Owner Relations Manager

jbfootin
01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I think it is a good deal. When I started it was $25 and you would get a quarterly magazine and a box of goodies that always included a shirt and other goodies such as hats, stickers and hitch covers. Now at $35 I still think it is a good deal. If you were to buy the shirts and hats you would spend that much, but now it seems like most of the t-shirts that I own say MasterCraft on them.

tph
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm new to all this Team Talk stuff, and the computer, but i've read just about every thread and post on every forum on this site, and reviewed most every member public profile and i'm truely amazed as to how few on here are not members of TEAM MASTERCRAFT. Can anyone out there shed some light on this, because i believe MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO. would like to know too!

It was worth joining when Barbara G. ran it. It hasn't been the same since she left. The reunions and passes into skiing/boarding events were the main attraction for me. Here, on the west coast, we haven't had a reunion in years, and any notification of upcoming events has been non existent or very late.

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I have been a member for years and years.

What year did it start?
Initial registration started in October 1994 at Cypress Gardens, Florida at that years boat owners reunion, Charter Members were registered thru December 31, 1995, the end of the official first year. There have been campaigns every year since and renewal notices sent out to renew at the end of your years membership. Upon the purchase of a new boat the customer is suppose to be enrolled as a member free, as a Thank You from MASTERCRAFT for purchasing their product, after that initial year you have to renew at your expense. You can join at any time by phone, on the website or at boat owner reunions. You get more goodies for your money than the renewal will cost............................If you want to be a member of the BEST skiboat company in the world, then be a member of TEAM MASTERCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danimal
01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm a member yet I still have not received the new Star issue. It's starting to piss me off. Last issue I had to email MC repeatedly to get my Star magazine. I sure hope I don't have to go through that again.

AirJunky
01-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Joined several yrs ago & never recieved anything. Although Barbara did take care of us when we showed up at an event. And to this day I haven't recieved a renewal either. SpokaneSkySki just mentioned to me that he joined recently & has yet to recieve anything.
I did get copies of Star recently, but it was due to someone (I think it was Chris) sending them.
Plus the lack of a west coast reunion last yr or this doesn't give much of a warm fuzzy.

Ryan
01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Was there a new newsletter since the Eastie issue? If so, I did not get mine either.

jayocheskey
01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Free T-Shirts and free admission to 1 annual event are not incentive enough for me personally. I don't feel excluded from the MasterCraft family in any way without the membership either as is the case with other various membership clubs.

Take a Sam's club membership for example: You can't get in the door without one. I've already got my MC - the greatest boat on earth and my username and password to this site along with the support of our dealership - Texas Mastercraft (one of the best MC dealerships out there) - there is no "NEED" for me to become a member. I don't feel like I'm 'missing out' on anything.

BriEOD
01-17-2006, 03:11 PM
The TMC service has been up and down.

When I first joined in 01' it was fantastic. I got my goodies quickly and they were as advertised. I went to Trophy Lakes to see the MC open and got free parking and go to sit in the roped off MC area. They gave my kids stickers and free drinks etc. I was really impressed.

Than the next year I had just come back from Afghanistan we went back (MC Open) and they did not have ANY of that. The Trophy Lakes guys were nicer to me than the MC people because they knew me and knew I had just got back. No VIP section, no parking, etc. Heck they (MC itty bitty booth) had a stack of stickers and told my 7 year old they were only for athletes. I was furious and posted as such. To MC's credit I got a box in the mail with a bunch of stickers, hat, shirt, etc for her (Thanks MC).

The next few years I had big problems with my renewal stuff. My check would clear and it would take 3 months to get my goodies. Or, they advertised wax and cleaning stuff and than I didn't get it. The wait time was killing me. Than, maybe you got your Star Mag and maybe not. TMC was a soup sandwich.

The past year or so they have really cleaned up their act. However, IMO until they get more consistent people will not join. I mean guys are trying to order stickers from the Pro Shop and the shipping is more than the sticker. Gimme a break. It needs some work...However, I've paid my money every year, have my MC sticker on my new Ford and wear my T-shirts proudly.

BriEOD
01-17-2006, 03:17 PM
but i've read just about every thread and post on every forum on this site, and reviewed most every member public profile and i'm truely
If you read 134K+ posts you are the man. :worthy:

jmyers
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Are you talking about on the member profile? If so you can actually put it in yourself, I don't think anyone puts it on your profile here a teamtalk! That's how I put it on my profile!

erkoehler
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Was there a new newsletter since the Eastie issue? If so, I did not get mine either.

I just got one a couple days ago, the one with the flooded/half sunk boat....

ski_king
01-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I just got one a couple days ago, the one with the flooded/half sunk boat....
YOu are confusing the eMC newsletter with the STAR Magazine.

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 03:21 PM
If anyone has any problems with their membership status, receiving the Star mag, getting their goodie package or anything else concerning TEAM MASTERCRAFT issues CALL, E-MAIL or WRITE, or come on TEAM TALK and ask Chris Wingo or Greg Clower. They won't know if you have a issue if you don't communicate with them on a one on one basis......later

jayocheskey
01-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Maybe a lifetime membership to Team MasterCraft should be included with the purchase of a MC boat. At TX MC, it feels like a membership. Heck, just make it official when a customer signs on the dotted line for there $50,000+ purchase, "We'll throw in this $35 value TMC membership free with your boat purchase." That's not asking too much, is it? Just an idea - seems to be a pretty reasonable one too.

bigmac
01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm new to all this Team Talk stuff, and the computer, but i've read just about every thread and post on every forum on this site, and reviewed most every member public profile and i'm truely amazed as to how few on here are not members of TEAM MASTERCRAFT. Can anyone out there shed some light on this, because i believe MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO. would like to know too!I never heard a word about it when I bought my 2004, was never invited to join, I know nothing about it. I did fill out the owner's survey from MasterCraft and all that stuff and supposedly that would get a 1 year membership, but that never happened. I guess I assumed that Team MasterCraft is no big deal, especially since MasterCraft doesn't promote it much.

Andyg
01-17-2006, 03:27 PM
My original dealer, which thankfully can no longer ruin the MasterCraft name, never even told me that I would get a membership with the purchase of a new boat. I bought a new 197 in 2004 and didn't find out until I saw it on this site that I was supposed to recieve a free membership. If I had recieved something I probably would have let it expire anyway, so it wasn't worth the effort to try and get my free goodies.

erkoehler
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
I would rather spend the money on gas to get me out on the water.... :cool:

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
It was worth joining when Barbara G. ran it. It hasn't been the same since she left. The reunions and passes into skiing/boarding events were the main attraction for me. Here, on the west coast, we haven't had a reunion in years, and any notification of upcoming events has been non existent or very late.
tph, go to home page tt and read Mastercraft Announces 3 Major Reunions and read it, there is your reunion coming up. Yes, they didn't have a west coast reunion in the fall of '05, if it's my understanding, but you have one coming up.......it has not been YEARS.

ski_king
01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
My wife saw it advertised in WATERSKI MAGAZINE back when it first started and bought it for me for Christmas. Have renewed every year except one when the renewal notice never came. One year she renewed and they never cashed the check, but I did get the package anyway.
Keeps me in T-Shirts and hats. Got lots of other goodies as well. I am basically happy. :)

Andyg
I do get a HOG membership every year. Harley-Davidson has a Harley Owners Group that is organized ten times better than TMC is. You get a 1 year membership with the purchase of a new bike. The membership shows up within a few weeks of purchase. You get a monthly magazine, access to HOG only areas at rallies, a free pin for each sanctioned HOG event., and free towing if your bike breaks down. I think an annual membership after the first year is $55, but don't quote me on that.

Maybe MasterCraft should send someone up here to Milwuakee to see how a real owners group is run.

BriEOD
tph, go to home page tt and read Mastercraft Announces 3 Major Reunions and read it, there is your reunion coming up. Yes, they didn't have a west coast reunion in the fall of '05, if it's my understanding, but you have one coming up.......it has not been YEARS.
Hey I've never met you and heard good things about you. But, you asked for our opinion's and feelings on this topic. So, don't get defensive when we give you answers you don't like (which is what I read you doing). Remember, you opened this can of worms so remain objective. :twocents:

AirJunky
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Um, the West coast event is a 2 hour motocross event in El Lay. This is hardly qualifies as a boating or skiing event.
There was no event in 05.

X2M
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM

The last West Coast reunion happened in the fall of '03. '04 was cancelled and '05 just never got off the ground. Sorry, but that is years to me. Still waiting to see if we will be having a West Coast reunion in '06...getting together at a motorcross event is not really a MasterCraft reunion. :twocents:

Diesel
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Initial registration started in October 1994 at Cypress Gardens, Florida at that years boat owners reunion, Charter Members were registered thru December 31, 1995, the end of the official first year. There have been campaigns every year since and renewal notices sent out to renew at the end of your years membership. Upon the purchase of a new boat the customer is suppose to be enrolled as a member free, as a Thank You from MASTERCRAFT for purchasing their product, after that initial year you have to renew at your expense. You can join at any time by phone, on the website or at boat owner reunions. You get more goodies for your money than the renewal will cost............................If you want to be a member of the BEST skiboat company in the world, then be a member of TEAM MASTERCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a charter member and was enrolled automatically because I bought my PS205 in 95. I renewed the first 3-5 years but each year thereafter the program got worse and worse. Sometimes my stuff did not show up until Mid-Late summer. I finally gave up on the program.

I too bought a boat last year and did not get squat.................. don't really care though since I will not be duped again :rolleyes:.

jraben8
01-17-2006, 03:49 PM
I know that I received my box of goodies when I renewed (after a 2 year absence) last April. Other than that box I haven't received anything except the eMC newsletter. Maybe I was better off not knowing what I wasn't getting.

Leroy
01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I've been member since 2001 and always get really great goodies. The magazine has been great this year. I'm not sure I'll ever make it to a reunion until my kids graduate college and one is still in grade school!

I've been happy with the goodies and have never had a problem except when my membership was renewed, but I was not charged! They did charge in the end.

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone, your statements and comments are information that i was curious about. I understand where your coming from and hope i and others can assist everyone in enjoying their boats as they were intended. Shucks, we've been doing this reunion thing for 17 years and things are changing and had a whole lot more fun on the poker run this past year than with the boat judging. We were actually using the boat on the water with our fellow owners. It's as much the fellowship and the friends you make as the boats, but the boats just bring us all together somewhere for fun........again THANKS !...........PS, we might even get a kick out of a moto x event if it was with other owners, but the 3000 mi tow to the west coast with the boat would be a drag if the boats didn't gather somewhere for the fun of it!

PendO
01-17-2006, 03:59 PM

I suppose if I fill my boat questionaire out I will get my free year, but I see no point in renewing ... like Air Junky said, "El Lay" is a bit far to drive to watch dirt bikes go round and round!

The Irony is, I am a member on www.themalibucrew.com ... it is privately funded, they sent me a T-shirt and a sticker right away, and I will probably renew as I like the people over there and I know they use the $$ to buy the goodies and keep the site up and running. (and I have never even owned a bu')

jmyers
01-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Yea, were are you coming from? There isn't a reunion set for "06" the moto cross deal is not a WEST COAST REUNION as we have all said including TMC!! You do come off offensive as Brian said!! TMC said they "could" be working on a real WEST COAST reunion, and it should be a really good one! We will see about that! But take it easy on us owners because without us there wouldn't be any MC!!

mitch
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM

Ah Barbara, she was great. I think I quit the year after she left. Pkg. never arrived that year and after a bunch of emails I finally got it minus a few items. Reason for the delay 'mail carrier must have taken it.' Sure she did ;) I was a member for years until I quit, now I guess I just don't care. Some people like it, and that's great. It's probably managed by the same clowns that run the proshop. Ah Barbara, those were the days, and a great proshop back then too.

Diesel
01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Ah Barbara, she was great. I think I quit the year after she left. Pkg. never arrived that year and after a bunch of emails I finally got it minus a few items. Reason for the delay 'mail carrier must have taken it.' Sure she did ;) I was a member for years until I quit, now I guess I just don't care. Some people like it, and that's great. It's probably managed by the same clowns that run the proshop. Ah Barbara, those were the days, and a great proshop back then too.

So now I am curious as to why Barbara left :confused: ................... sounds like she was the power behind TMC and the ProShop.

Cloaked
01-17-2006, 04:15 PM
If you read 134K+ posts you are the man. :worthy::word: :D

:worthy:

BriEOD
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
So now I am curious as to why Barbara left :confused: ................... sounds like she was the power behind TMC and the ProShop.
One can only guess the almighty dollar. She probably found something better. However, I am guesssing.

jayocheskey
01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
:word: :D

:worthy:

I hope nobody was paying him while he was reading those posts. Wait a minute; I'm at work right now - which means I'm getting paid to read these posts -- RIGHT ON!!!!

M-Funf
01-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I am a member of BMWCCA (BMW car club of America), and I can tell you that the benefits in that program are far and away better than TMC...

I looked at the membership benefits of TMC, but just don't see it as good value for my $'s. :twocents:

jbfootin
01-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I guess it is just a mater of marketing. I don't think that TMC sells the membership real well. I am a member and the way I look at it is that for $35 I get at least $35 worth of goodies. (I like how this last year you pick what shirt or hats you want) plus discount at the pro-shop, entry to ski tourneys, a magazine and a news letter...not to mention this web site. Granted this site is free, but what do you think is funding it! If they limited it to only members it would not be as popular and we would be missing alot of good input due to fewer people posting...which would suck too, but it is the Team MC $ that is keeping this thing running.

Too all of you non-TMC members, You are welcome! :friday:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-17-2006, 04:40 PM
eMC newsletter, and the STAR Magazine.
I get both, I also got a couple shirts, hats, stickers and trailer hitch plug with my membership. Both mags come delivered to my maibox, early too I might add.
I love it, although, I might cancel and reinstate so I can get my towels. Then order more when they finally show up in the proshop....:D

mitch
01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I guess it is just a mater of marketing. I don't think that TMC sells the membership real well. I am a member and the way I look at it is that for $35 I get at least $35 worth of goodies. (I like how this last year you pick what shirt or hats you want) plus discount at the pro-shop, entry to ski tourneys, a magazine and a news letter...not to mention this web site. Granted this site is free, but what do you think is funding it! If they limited it to only members it would not be as popular and we would be missing alot of good input due to fewer people posting...which would suck too, but it is the Team MC $ that is keeping this thing running.

I didn't know it was TMC $ that keeps this site up. If you read it on the internet it must be true. JB, thanks for YOUR contribution :)

erkoehler
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
When will the towels be here? I'll sign up for those! :woohoo:

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
What we as mc boat owners have now sure beats what the company did in the late 80's and early 90's, we got a 3" x5" card in the mail once a year telling us to wax our boats and come to A reunion, and 150 boats showed up, yet today with all the info we can get, a reunion only draws 30 or so boats and i was just curious as to why! I guess times are just changing.

erkoehler
01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
What we as mc boat owners have now sure beats what the company did in the late 80's and early 90's, we got a 3" x5" card in the mail once a year telling us to wax our boats and come to A reunion, and 150 boats showed up, yet today with all the info we can get, a reunion only draws 30 or so boats and i was just curious as to why! I guess times are just changing.

I honestly think the reunions are to infrequent and too far away. I am not going to travel 6 hours to put my boat on display when I can drive 15 minutes and spend that time skiing.

east tx skier
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I hope nobody was paying him while he was reading those posts. Wait a minute; I'm at work right now - which means I'm getting paid to read these posts -- RIGHT ON!!!!

Easy there, let's not go down that road. ;)

Jim@BAWS
01-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Last year I believe there was at least 3500 new members. That is alot + the OLD members rejoining. Am I missing something here...not all of them have time post on here. Probably many read tmcowmers.com

Jim@BAWS

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Last year I believe there was at least 3500 new members. That is alot + the OLD members rejoining. Am I missing something here...not all of them have time post on here. Probably many read tmcowmers.com

Jim@BAWS
Thanks, jim for the reply, like i've said i'm learning and any input is helpful and necessary......thanks for being there.........later, i gotta go read some more threads and posts.

AirJunky
01-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I heard she went for the $$$.... seems like it was to SeaRay.
Also, I believe there is a large share of owners who will drag their boats a pretty good distance to be a part of a big event. Living in WA state & I've drug mine to OR, ID, CA, UT, NV & AZ for various events. And I've attended Fly-Ins all across the country & seen people drag their boats for 1000 miles 1 way to join us.

PendO
01-17-2006, 05:10 PM
it is the Team MC $ that is keeping this thing running.

Actually, this website is for marketing/advertising, if "your" TMC dollars are buying the bandwidth, paying for site creation, maint. ... yer getting hozed!

It's great that you are a paying member, but don't kid yourself about how this site gets paid for! It's b/c of who foots the bill that there is censorship, not saying that is bad or anything, just didn't want you to think you were paying for me to be able to post this drivel.

jbfootin
01-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Actually, this website is for marketing/advertising, if "your" TMC dollars are buying the bandwidth, paying for site creation, maint. ... yer getting hozed!.

I realize that MC is paying for this site as a good buisness practice, but how much marketing and advertising do you really see on this board? The banner at the top says Team MasterCraft and if TMC is paying for this I don't feel hozed.

G-man
01-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Barbara's went to Bayliner and now is with Baja boats in their marketing dept. Team Mastercraft this year will be better than the past I beleive. It won't be perfect but it will be better. Give the new guy Chris a chance.

AirJunky
01-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Hmmmmm, looks like your right, G. As the Director, no doubt!
http://www.bajamarine.com/index.asp?chaid=101228&display=news&tab=4

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I heard she went for the $$$.... seems like it was to SeaRay.
Also, I believe there is a large share of owners who will drag their boats a pretty good distance to be a part of a big event. Living in WA state & I've drug mine to OR, ID, CA, UT, NV & AZ for various events. And I've attended Fly-Ins all across the country & seen people drag their boats for 1000 miles 1 way to join us.
Barbara went to Baja Boats and is the director of marketing, a mc owner flew on a plane with her to NY the other week...................... How about 29,345 miles to date towing the same boat for 16 years, 1,900 mi. rt to Hot Springs' Arkansas + [11] 1,400 mi. rt trips to cypress gardens, florida, plus many more and we haven't started towing yet in '06................later

ski_king
01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
....... towing the same boat for 16 years,......
almost 24 years for me.......... I can't seem to wear it out.

Jim@BAWS
01-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Harold,

Do you know where the 3500 came from?

Jim@BAWS

PendO
01-17-2006, 05:53 PM
I realize that MC is paying for this site as a good buisness practice, but how much marketing and advertising do you really see on this board? The banner at the top says Team MasterCraft and if TMC is paying for this I don't feel hozed.

By "good" you mean "profitable"?

As for as how much marketing / advertising ... well, I can only speak for myself, but every time I talk about how much I like my boat M/C reaps the rewards in a "free" endorsement ... every time one boat owner helps out another it makes someone "feel" good about being a fellow M/C owner (ratifies their current or future purchase of an M/C product) ... the purpose of the site is to increase sales and increase owner satisfaction with their product, the more times M/C can get you to visit a site that says "MASTERCRAFT" the better chance they have that the next time you buy a boat it will be a mastercraft.

jmyers
01-17-2006, 06:10 PM
By "good" you mean "profitable"?

As for as how much marketing / advertising ... well, I can only speak for myself, but every time I talk about how much I like my boat M/C reaps the rewards in a "free" endorsement ... every time one boat owner helps out another it makes someone "feel" good about being a fellow M/C owner (ratifies their current or future purchase of an M/C product) ... the purpose of the site is to increase sales and increase owner satisfaction with their product, the more times M/C can get you to visit a site that says "MASTERCRAFT" the better chance they have that the next time you buy a boat it will be a mastercraft.
Casey come on now! You think it is really about profits, I thought it was the one big family concept!! And the part about only getting a postcard in the "80"s , Well if the boats were priced like then I would take a postcard! And not to mention the $35 we spend to join TMC, which I gladly pay until someone makes sound like we are lucky to get that! I appreciate it, but am also aware of the money I spent on the boat to be a MASTERCRAFT owner! END RANT! :D

PendO
01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Casey come on now! You think it is really about profits, I thought it was the one big family concept!! And the part about only getting a postcard in the "80"s , Well if the boats were priced like then I would take a postcard! And not to mention the $35 we spend to join TMC, which I gladly pay until someone makes sound like we are lucky to get that! I appreciate it, but am also aware of the money I spent on the boat to be a MASTERCRAFT owner! END RANT! :D

Man I hope that is a bit tongue in cheek.

I just don't / didn't like the idea of someone suggesting that people who post and are not "members" are getting a free ride on their behalf.

jmyers
01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Man I hope that is a bit tongue in cheek.

I just don't / didn't like the idea of someone suggesting that people who post and are not "members" are getting a free ride on their behalf.
With you all the way! I think I am just moody, I haven't seen my boat in over a month :( cabin fever!! Is it time to ski yet, and get me off this D**N computer! :mad:
ETS were are you!! You are the TMC members president and Platinum card holder, chime in! :D

east tx skier
01-17-2006, 06:38 PM
For the record, I'd say TMCNo.1 (Harold) has that claim to fame. He's not TMCNo.1 just because he thinks TMC is No. 1. He is TMC Member #0000000001. :)

I joined TMC last year for the first time about five minutes after giving the interview for Star Magazine. Yes, that motivated me. Prior to that, I'd read nothing but dissatisfaction regarding delays in receiving items, etc (see above). Hence my resistance. I got my welcome package a week later and was pleasantly surprised at the speed with which it arrived. Moreover, I got to pick what I got. It's been a good deal so far and I'm planning to renew pretty soon (haven't received anything along the lines of a renewal, so I'm giving that time to happen before I just send them my info again).

Prior to my motivation event, I was of the opinion that as long as I was making payments on the boat, I wasn't going to be buying any incidentals (except perfect pass, new skins, carburetor, new prop, guide pole covers, new trailer tires, new skis, new boots, slalom course, replacement decals, new mirror, etc., etc., etc.). The boat is paid off now, so I guess I don't have any excuse. Like I said, it's been good. I can't complain.

JEREMY79
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
:rant: I am not a member because (nly people with old boats will get this) If you need something from mastercraft, they act like you dont exist because you dont have $50k boat.

east tx skier
01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Jeremy, that may depend on the dealer to an extent. Of course, had I purchased a new boat from them, perhaps my somewhat local MC dealer may have called me back when I needed them.

I've found some other MC dealers, Rambo to name just one (and there are others), who have gone out of their way to help me out.

I have called the factory on a few ocassions when the answer I needed couldn't be answered by a dealer or here and have been always been treated well. Nobody asked me how old my boat was.

Maristar210
01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
If anyone has any problems with their membership status, receiving the Star mag, getting their goodie package or anything else concerning TEAM MASTERCRAFT issues CALL, E-MAIL or WRITE, or come on TEAM TALK and ask Chris Wingo or Greg Clower. They won't know if you have a issue if you don't communicate with them on a one on one basis......later

I hate to say it but we shouldnt have to follow up. MC of all should have thier ducks in a row. I received some stuff but never a newsletter. Doubt I'll renew at this rate, can you blame me?
Steve

G-man
01-17-2006, 06:56 PM
eastie

The original charter membership numbers started out 10001, that would be Harold, I was 10158, Harold has the details on the first numbers issued.

georgea0731
01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Good years, bad years, Barbara, not Barbara, etc. etc. MC did make some changes, 1st was a new company, I believe it was last year. They also have the Proshop unless that has recently changed. The option to select your renewal items was a nice change.
In today's world the internet has taken the place of face to face discussions like these, since free time is so limited, ski time is more limited and gas prices just keep going up.
I agree you might get more membership if MC would offer 10% off parts and or service to members. One purchase or service would pay for easily pay for our annual membership. I too wish there was a life time membership. I got one for a military org. at $400, but figure $20 x 20 years and anything after that is gravy.
The new Atlanta dealer is hoping for a big reunion here this summer. Plan a long weekend, see the new fish tank, visit Atlanta, Lake Lanier, etc.
Best wishes to all MC owners (members and non members).

bigmac
01-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I do get a HOG membership every year. Harley-Davidson has a Harley Owners Group that is organized ten times better than TMC is. You get a 1 year membership with the purchase of a new bike. The membership shows up within a few weeks of purchase. You get a monthly magazine, access to HOG only areas at rallies, a free pin for each sanctioned HOG event., and free towing if your bike breaks down. I think an annual membership after the first year is $55, but don't quote me on that.

Maybe MasterCraft should send someone up here to Milwuakee to see how a real owners group is run.

Yes, me too. Harley Davidson is relentless, about HOG. They take it very seriously and view attention to it as an important Harley owner's service.

bigmac
01-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I get both, I also got a couple shirts, hats, stickers and trailer hitch plug with my membership. Both mags come delivered to my maibox, early too I might add.
I love it, although, I might cancel and reinstate so I can get my towels. Then order more when they finally show up in the proshop....:D
I don't get eMC, but it me be getting caught in my SPAM trap. What domain does that come from so I can put it in my whitelist?

AirJunky
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
marcom1258pcw@mastercraft.com sends them.

In case the smiley is messing up that address...... the missing digits are 8 p

roddydog
01-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Don't need any more junk, don't need a cr@ppy newsletter and I don't need to part with my hard earned bucks when I could put it towards my daughter's future.

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Harold,

Do you know where the 3500 came from?

Jim@BAWS
Sorry, .i had to take a break but, I would think it was the number of new boats sold in '05, but how many new owners know about team mastercraft and are members and don't know it.

MarkP
01-17-2006, 08:34 PM
:rant: I am not a member because (nly people with old boats will get this) If you need something from mastercraft, they act like you dont exist because you dont have $50k boat.I know!!!!!http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/itsokay.gif

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm slowly getting the answer to my post, and i hope mc is seeing it too. I would not expect everyone to want to be a member and a lot of reasons have been stated and i appreciate your comments.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
cr@ppy newsletter
I'm glad MC doesn't send you the stuff thats worth more than the money you'd pay for it. Thanks for saving them money....8p

SkiDog
01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Man Harold, what a can you opened!!!!! You know the old saying, ''you can't please all the people, all the time. Well, this thread is living proof of that! Mastercraft is a BIG company, but it seems to me that if they wanted to, they could have someone ( anyone) in charge of stuff like Team Mastercraft. With today's technology, it would seem to me that
it should be kind of easy to please all these people. I know there are times when the Post Offfice or UPS loses packages and crap like that, but theres no reason that there should be more than a small handful of owners that are dissatisfied. Maybe I'm wrong, but with an updated data base of owners, it should be NO problem to send out STAR magazine once a month or however frequently its supposed to go! There is a thing called BULK mail! Isn't it cheaper to send mail by BULK anyway? And new owners should be recieving their packages no later than one month after their boat purchase! (If their dealer has done their job in the first place!) As for the reunions, I'm sure Harold,that , you remember when MC was cutting all the corners they could to save a buck. Seems like every reunion that I attended, it was lets see just how fast we can get this thing over with! Thats why I lost interest! The last reunion I attended, and its been a few (6-7) years I think, that the actual banquet( if you will), lasted a whopping 43 minutes! I know that they CAN do better than that! I have not had the chance yet to attend the one in Tampa, (don't say anything Jim) but i hear its a doosey! I can't wait for it. But then again, I don't think the factory has anything to do with it. Enough Said!
See ya!

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Yea, SKIDOG, remember the reunion with the CHERNOBYL Nuclear chicken and i think the ice cream was so small so you could sniff it up your nose, everyone went back to the best western and ordered dominos pizza and wings and had eat supper before 6:00 in the parking lot or was that when we all went to wendy's and walked thru the drive thru and then went inside to eat.

BriEOD
01-17-2006, 09:05 PM
the more times M/C can get you to visit a site that says "MASTERCRAFT" the better chance they have that the next time you buy a boat it will be a mastercraft.
I guess Doug is screwed! 8p Heck, I guess I am as well. :D

rodltg2
01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
i still would like my free year that is owed to me.

BriEOD
01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
For the record, I'd say TMCNo.1 (Harold) has that claim to fame. He's not TMCNo.1 just because he thinks TMC is No. 1. He is TMC Member #0000000001. :)

For the record, he's just a newbie on Team Talk. You are the king brudda--no question about it. You respond to every worthwhile thread. You are always polite and give good info. While I have nothing factual to back this up, I'm inclined to say you have probably touched many more MC owners as well. Don't kid yourself...

SkiDog
01-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Next to Harold, I used to be the biggest one of em all! :banana:

ted shred
01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I remember becoming a charter member back in the mid 90's. it was at the west coast reunion at Marine world. They said to partake in the reunion I would have to become a member,but I would get some free stuff and a magazine. Didn't seem to bad ,but before the reunions were free as long you brought your boat. Since then the reunions have gotten chintzy and stopped altogether. I have owned MC's since the early 80's and there customer service has never been that great.

Ric
01-17-2006, 09:15 PM
While I have nothing factual to back this up, I'm inclined to say you have probably touched many more MC owners as well. Don't kid yourself...
woah Bri, it's getting too gushy in here, take it to the brokeback thread

PendO
01-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I guess Doug is screwed! 8p Heck, I guess I am as well. :D

Doug ought to get a free promo boat every year for all the goodwill he generates for MC ... MC could give him a boat and sell it at the end of the year at "cost" and be no worse off ... plus the boat would be immaculately maintaned

Doug ... what color do you want:)

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Doug, go pick up george and come to the reunion in GA. in july, I want to see your boat in person.

BriEOD
01-17-2006, 09:27 PM
woah Bri, it's getting too gushy in here, take it to the brokeback thread
Hey, if he is going to be modest somebody has to speak up for him. I think we all agree, for a lawyer and a Texan he is a pretty good guy. ;)

Ric
01-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey, if he is going to be modest somebody has to speak up for him. I think we all agree, for a lawyer and a Texan he is a pretty good guy. ;)
eastex is a good ol boy!

JEREMY79
01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I second that.

SkiDog
01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey Harold, Maybe he could bring it so they could put it in the NEW museum! Along with Crottys!

MarkP
01-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Man Harold, what a can you opened!!!!! You know the old saying, ''you can't please all the people, all the time. Well, this thread is living proof of that! Mastercraft is a BIG company, but it seems to me that if they wanted to, they could have someone ( anyone) in charge of stuff like Team Mastercraft. With today's technology, it would seem to me that
it should be kind of easy to please all these people. I know there are times when the Post Offfice or UPS loses packages and crap like that, but theres no reason that there should be more than a small handful of owners that are dissatisfied. Maybe I'm wrong, but with an updated data base of owners, it should be NO problem to send out STAR magazine once a month or however frequently its supposed to go! There is a thing called BULK mail! Isn't it cheaper to send mail by BULK anyway? And new owners should be recieving their packages no later than one month after their boat purchase! (If their dealer has done their job in the first place!) As for the reunions, I'm sure Harold,that , you remember when MC was cutting all the corners they could to save a buck. Seems like every reunion that I attended, it was lets see just how fast we can get this thing over with! Thats why I lost interest! The last reunion I attended, and its been a few (6-7) years I think, that the actual banquet( if you will), lasted a whopping 43 minutes! I know that they CAN do better than that! I have not had the chance yet to attend the one in Tampa, (don't say anything Jim) but i hear its a doosey! I can't wait for it. But then again, I don't think the factory has anything to do with it. Enough Said!
See ya!
The one reunion that I attended was a HeII of a lot of fun. Any more fun and I probably would have been in jail. (Good thing I wasn’t a member back in the day)

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 09:42 PM
SKIDOG, You don't want to go there and get something started, cause few know anything about that, but i do know someone out there who made a very important phone call in weeks past to crotty is laughing himself to death reading all this. He asks me?, has crotty called you lately.

SkiDog
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks. I usually call him on Sat. mornings, but not lately. Why, Whats up?

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
SKIDOG, nothing, but the guy who helped me pull the trick on RC reads tt but doesn't talk much, he's the one who is laughing at us and asks me if i have heard from RC lately. I think he thinks he will be part of the next stunt, but he won't be.........later, we have severe t storms in the area and i don't want to become a weather channel statistic by getting electrimifried.

erkoehler
01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
TMCNo1,

Do you have an affiliation with Mastercraft other than boat owner? Are you an employee or were you at some point?

vegashomeexpert
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I have tried to become a member through the website several times and can't get past the page where you enter your information. Even with reading all of the wonderful :rolleyes: posts on this thread, I would still like to become a member. If anything, I am doing it to get that darn camera icon on my posts. If you or anybody can tell me how to become a member. My credit card is in my hand.

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 10:27 PM
TMCNo1,

Do you have an affiliation with Mastercraft other than boat owner? Are you an employee or were you at some point?
NO SIR, I am just a boat owner, we have only had one MC over the last 17 years. I am not an employee of MASTERCRAFT, and never have been. We enjoy our boat and enjoy being around people that make MASTERCRAFT what it is today...........THANKS FOR ASKING!

rodltg2
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I have tried to become a member through the website several times and can't get past the page where you enter your information. Even with reading all of the wonderful :rolleyes: posts on this thread, I would still like to become a member. If anything, I am doing it to get that darn camera icon on my posts. If you or anybody can tell me how to become a member. My credit card is in my hand.

you dont need to become a tmc member to get a camera icon

TMCNo1
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Go to post #81, www.jointmc.com

maristarman
01-17-2006, 10:44 PM
My dealer paid for my first years membership.

I paid for the next 3.

Once they started cancelling the West Coast Reunions, I really didn't see any benefit to the membership.

I've already got a ton of "Team Mastercraft" gear that I purchased the first couple of years.

vegashomeexpert
01-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Go to post #81, www.jointmc.com
That,sir, is the exact screen I have the problem with. I fill it out completely and hit the pretty yellow button on the bottom and ...well..nothing happens.

Cloaked
01-17-2006, 11:35 PM
:rant: I am not a member because (nly people with old boats will get this) If you need something from mastercraft, they act like you dont exist because you dont have $50k boat.Not a truer word spoken. I don't know why that it is this way, but I quit relying on MC for anything at all years ago, however I made the choice to stick with the old school boats. Nonetheless, bread-and-butter is all the same. Friends, J@B, and SKIDIM have been my saving grace.

$0.02

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
If you could make TMC anything you wanted it to be what would you do. Within reason please. What do you feel TMC should do for you or provide you for?

jayocheskey
01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
If you could make TMC anything you wanted it to be what would you do. Within reason please. What do you feel TMC should do for you or provide you for?

What do you expect with any membership? SPECIAL TREATMENT. Caps, T-Shirts and towels are not special treatment.

Any worthwhile membership makes its members feel unique with perks. The perks can be as simple as discounts @ MC pro-shops, special events (which, I hear, have sorta fallen by the wayside with TMC) or merchandise. Even things as insignificant as a birthday/christmas card or a hand-written letter can make a member feel like a member.

When you offer nothing or little, you appeal to and attract the same.

BriEOD
01-18-2006, 01:56 PM
A timely period between cashing my check and sending my my goodies. I would say 2-3 months is unreasonable.

That being said, this last time was pretty quick. Thanks TMC.

vegashomeexpert
01-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Got a PM from Jason at TMC this morning. He is fixing my problem. Thanks Jason! :worthy:

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I think Team MC is what you make of it. Yea you get some goodies when you join. And $40 is not bad for the stuff you get. I ran a East TN Chapter of Team MC that I started and worked with my local dealer to put on events and get involved with MC. I have met the best people and had some of the best times of my life doing this. So many people just want everything given to them just because and if you put a little effort into something you get so much more out of it. I am working with TMC to increase the things you receive as an MC Owner. Like discounts on merchandise, discounts on service at your dealer, free upgrades if you upgrade from your current MC to a new one.
I would love to year some other ideas you have. We can all make TMC the best owners club if we are more constructive and less destructive. There are problems with everything so lets fix the ones we have and make this MasterCraft Experience the best it can be

TMCNo1
01-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I think Team MC is what you make of it. Yea you get some goodies when you join. And $40 is not bad for the stuff you get. I ran a East TN Chapter of Team MC that I started and worked with my local dealer to put on events and get involved with MC. I have met the best people and had some of the best times of my life doing this. So many people just want everything given to them just because and if you put a little effort into something you get so much more out of it. I am working with TMC to increase the things you receive as an MC Owner. Like discounts on merchandise, discounts on service at your dealer, free upgrades if you upgrade from your current MC to a new one.
I would love to year some other ideas you have. We can all make TMC the best owners club if we are more constructive and less destructive. There are problems with everything so lets fix the ones we have and make this MasterCraft Experience the best it can be
Thanks from all mc owners for your comments, and i agree the experience is what YOU, THE BOATOWNWER make it, it's a two way street...........later

mitch
01-18-2006, 03:04 PM

What does this mean? ->So many people just want everything given to them just because

Matt L.
01-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I've been a TMC member since 2001 when I bought my MC. The gifts are generally useful and of high quality which is nice. Other than that, there is no tangable benefit to the membership. The West coast reunion looks more like a marketing stunt to give MC more exposure to their target 18-35 year old market segment. I didn't buy a boat so I could go hang out in an arena!. That reunion has absolutely nothing to do with current MC owners, it is a ploy to sell more boats. I'm interested in a club that does something for its members not for potential new purchasers.

Lake Havasu would make a great early season West coast reunion location. It gets hot early in the season and would attract MC owners from Southern Cal, AZ, NV and UT. And give us other reasons for coming like board/ski clinics, boat, board and ski demos.

Don't forget that your best and most frequent MasterCraft customers are current MC owners. I like that MC is trying to expand its customer base, but that West coast thing just smacks of marketing and doesn't intrest me or my family in the least.

Lets go boating (not motocross racing)!

Matt

east tx skier
01-18-2006, 03:17 PM
For the record, he's just a newbie on Team Talk. You are the king brudda--no question about it. You respond to every worthwhile thread. You are always polite and give good info. While I have nothing factual to back this up, I'm inclined to say you have probably touched many more MC owners as well. Don't kid yourself...

Aw shucks. :) Thanks for the kind words, Brian. Ric would've just said, Don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous slouch. ;)

But I'll still insist that this site is about everyone on it that contributes, even moreso than the boats.

east tx skier
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Doug ought to get a free promo boat every year for all the goodwill he generates for MC ... MC could give him a boat and sell it at the end of the year at "cost" and be no worse off ... plus the boat would be immaculately maintaned

Doug ... what color do you want:)

Red on a white hull, please.

TMCNo1
01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Prostar19, IFF"IN YOU SEE BUBBA, TELL HIM I SAID "DUH-HUH" AND HE'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN, IN THE MEANTIME I GOT'S TO GO TO WORK AT THE LOCAL GAS-N-GUN'YA [SHOP AND ROB] CONVENIENCE MART THIRD SHIFT, THEN CLEAN UP THE PARKIN' LOT AT THE LOCAL LIQUOR/LOTTO AND LYPOSUCTION CENTER, YOU KNOW, THAT'S OUT NEXT TO THE AIRPORT/HAIRCARE AND TIRE CENTER. GOT IT?..........later

east tx skier
01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey Doug, go pick up george and come to the reunion in GA. in july, I want to see your boat in person.

I think I've got more vacations than I can handle already this year. So unless it's in Texas, I may have to miss it (Heck, I even missed the last Texas Reunion because of a torrential downpour in Austin).

jmyers
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Prostar19, IFF"IN YOU SEE BUBBA, TELL HIM I SAID "DUH-HUH" AND HE'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN, IN THE MEANTIME I GOT'S TO GO TO WORK AT THE LOCAL GAS-N-GUN'YA [SHOP AND ROB] CONVENIENCE MART THIRD SHIFT, THEN CLEAN UP THE PARKIN' LOT AT THE LOCAL LIQUOR/LOTTO AND LYPOSUCTION CENTER, YOU KNOW, THAT'S OUT NEXT TO THE AIRPORT/HAIRCARE AND TIRE CENTER. GOT IT?..........later
I have to admit for almost 60 you don't talk(type) like it! Were have you been for so long with only 108 posts and a join date of july "05" And the sudden interest in teaming up with TMC and being the middle man! Just curious or confused!

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 03:32 PM
TMCno1 has always been around he just finally got into the computer age. You know those old people have trouble with technology (Just kidding Harold)

G-man
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Well put MattL

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Some things I did as a Team MC member. I set up factory tours for members, ran one poker run a year with support of the dealers in the area. I got MC and the local dealers to send pro's in for free clinics for TMC members. It just takes someone in a market to step up and make it better for everyone. If more than one steps up it makes it easier. MC and your local dealers will work with you to support Team MC events as it creates a following with happier owners that inturn bring more people into the MC family. Most of the reunions are run by a dealer and local TMC people. The ones run by MC alone are not nearly as successful.

MarkP
01-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Brian. Ric would've just said, Don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous slouch. ;)
Hey,

Why cant I be the tremendous slouch?:huh: ?

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Matt,

I agree. I think events should be water based and have clinics and other useful events. Like I said in the previous post the more we participate and let the dealers and MC know what we want it will happen. I made it happen here and if I can do it we all can. I was very dissapointed in what was hapening in my area with TMC and they did make it better. It still needs improvement and get even better over time.

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Don't forget this posting area is here for you as a result of Team MC.

TMCNo1
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I ahve to admit for almost 60 you don't talk(type) like it! Were have you been for so long with only 108 posts and a join date of july "05" And the sudden interest in teaming up with TMC and being the middle man! Just curious or confused!I joined last JULY at daughters when she was sick, now i got a thunk box for xmas, 6mos. later and am trying to catch up on lost time and am havin' fun yet. Man, all you guys are cool and am learnin' more every day, just can't figure how to type and pick my nose at the same time, LOL, laughing at myself, laughing out loud............later, gotta go change the air in my boat trailer tyres, gotta note in the mail the other day from the kia dealer sayin' it was time. Think I'' fillum back up with laughing gas. am i making sense yet?

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 03:54 PM
HArold I think you have been breathing too much of that old tire air!!
:D :D :D

jmyers
01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Trying not to start a war, but if not for us(owners) shelling out $50,000 plus for these boats there wouldn't be a TMC or MC!! I think, no I know MC is the best boat out there that is why I spent the money to get one, but there are perks to owning one of the top two! And when you start a membership to owners you need to not only make it worth while but keep up with it, not making it sound like we are lucky to have it! And the reunions SHOULD NOT be involved with marketing to prospective owners of a MC!! And if it were because of lack of whatever mabey funds, at least make it on the water so we can bring and use our boats!! Hopefully this is taken the right way because I am very pasionate about MC and have been since I was just a little squirt skiing behind those 70's and 80's boats!

TMCNo1
01-18-2006, 04:07 PM
YEA, Prostar19, you tellum' that OLD No1 will make th OLD MC"S zaust pipes talk and the 4 blade walk. Gotta go, we got a blue light special here in NC with our new lottery, scratch and sniff power ball tickets. Just got back from our supercenter and the MC sales associate said if i bought a new boat, she wood throw in a new chebby 4x4 monster truck w/ the vortec power ranger engine package in on the sale if i got it off the xmas clearance rack........later

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Trying not to start a war, but if not for us(owners) shelling out $50,000 plus for these boats there wouldn't be a TMC or MC!! I think, no I know MC is the best boat out there that is why I spent the money to get one, but there are perks to owning one of the top two! And when you start a membership to owners you need to not only make it worth while but keep up with it, not making it sound like we are lucky to have it! And the reunions SHOULD NOT be involved with marketing to prospective owners of a MC!! And if it were because of lack of whatever mabey funds, at least make it on the water so we can bring and use our boats!! Hopefully this is taken the right way because I am very pasionate about MC and have been since I was just a little squirt skiing behind those 70's and 80's boats!

Thanks for your response and I agree somewhat but would you base your decision on buying an MC on having or not having a club like TMC. Not being a @$$ but just trying to learn. I bought my Truck and they have an owners club I belong to. All their news letter is about is marketing. They want you to see the newest greatest thing they have and they hope you will but it. I get nothing from them except a news letter. As MATTL said eariler in this post Don't forget that your best and most frequent MasterCraft customers are current MC owners. I do agree there is much more TMC can offer and I know they are working on a few things and by us all expressing our Ideas on this site we can make it better for everyone.

ski_king
01-18-2006, 04:11 PM
YEA, Prostar19, you tell' that OLD No1 will make th OLD MC"S zaust pipes talk and the 4 blade walk. Gotta go, we got a blue light special here in NC with our new lottery, scratch and sniff power ball tickets. Just got back from our supercenter and the MC sales associate said if i bought a new boat, she wood throw in a new chevy 4x4 monster truck w/ the vortec power ranger engine package in on the sale if i got it off the Xmas clearance rack........later
Have you been inhaling teak oil fumes again?

roddydog
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm glad MC doesn't send you the stuff thats worth more than the money you'd pay for it. Thanks for saving them money....8p
Pleasure is mine ;)

jmyers
01-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks for your response and I agree somewhat but would you base your decision on buying an MC on having or not having a club like TMC. Not being a @$$ but just trying to learn. I bought my Truck and they have an owners club I belong to. All their news letter is about is marketing. They want you to see the newest greatest thing they have and they hope you will but it. I get nothing from them except a news letter. As MATTL said eariler in this post Don't forget that your best and most frequent MasterCraft customers are current MC owners. I do agree there is much more TMC can offer and I know they are working on a few things and by us all expressing our Ideas on this site we can make it better for everyone.
The problem is they are not gearing it towards the current owners they were just including us and the "reunion" into the marketing blitz of the motocross event!! (NO WATER) I don't mind seeing new stuff and looking for future boats, but that is what boat show's are for not our reunion's where we get to celelbrate our MC expierences and ownership!
And personally I have been happy with the TMC membership itself and the goodies and will look forward to how TMC expands that throughout the year! :D

maristarman
01-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Somebody said being a Team Mastercraft Member is a two way street, and you get out of it what you put into it.

Maybe if the factory is in your backyard thats correct, but for the mastercraft owners who live thousands of miles away, you can't really set up factory tours.

As far as this website goes, it's great, but even without it owners could set up a group on yahoo for free, so "our membership" paying for this may or may not be a valid point.

Lastly, if Mastercraft is offering membership, they should offer you things for your membership fees. Paying x amount of money for a 3 dollar t shirt isn't really cost effective. I could buy a mastercraft t shirt from their web store without paying any membership.

You started asking why there were so many people who weren't members.

If you didn't want to hear the answers, you shouldn't have asked.

And there have been no West Coast reunions since 2003, and the way they cancelled the 2004 one only a few weeks prior, was ridiculous.

Still love my Mastercraft, but not a team member anymore.

Diesel
01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Sorry, .i had to take a break but, I would think it was the number of new boats sold in '05, but how many new owners know about team mastercraft and are members and don't know it.

Sounds like there are a bunch of new owners who are NOT members that should be....................like me. :confused:

bigmac
01-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Sounds like there are a bunch of new owners who are NOT members that should be....................like me. :confused:

Yes. I, for one, would be a member right now if MasterCraft had invited me to join TMC when I bought my new 230VRS and filled out the questionnaire they sent me last July.

twieder
01-18-2006, 05:15 PM
:rant: I am not a member because (nly people with old boats will get this) If you need something from mastercraft, they act like you dont exist because you dont have $50k boat.
fYI After purchaseing a2K X-star last summer and the dealership I purchased it from Inability to get me an owners manual, I e-mailed MC tech support.
Low and behold ,the next day I recieved a message back from MC and about 2 weeks later I got an owners manual along with 2 MC can coozies and it didn't cost me a dime!
Now to me ,that is good buisness and a way to spread a good word about the company.
I'm not a TMC member, but have considered it.
I'm happy with the company, love the boat, but best of all is the wealth of info and comradery on this site!
IMO MC owners are the best!

3event
01-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Wow, this thread got heated!

My former but now defunct dealer did not offer to sign me up, but I got a 1yr membership for a later birthday after I learned the club existed some other way (don't remember how). The gear was nice. Got a few mags. Have not renewed.

I also would be more motivated to rejoin with invitations to events and VIP access, reunions etc.

Not only are current MC owners the best market for new boats, they are also the best marketing you can have if you treat them right! The more we talk about what a great experience it is to own a MasterCraft and how fun the MasterCraft lifestyle is, the more likely our friends - families - acquaintances are to get on board.

jmyers
01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Wow, this thread got heated
I also would be more motivated to rejoin with invitations to events and VIP access, reunions etc.

Not only are current MC owners the best market for new boats, they are also the best marketing you can have if you treat them right! The more we talk about what a great experience it is to own a MasterCraft and how fun the MasterCraft lifestyle is, the more likely our friends - families - acquaintances are to get on board.

TRU DAT!!!!!!!!!! 3 Event :headbang:

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 05:37 PM
maristarman;

no one hear said they did not want to hear the answers: I beleive we and I have asked to hear all input so we can try to make it better. Factory tours was ONE thing I did of many. It is all up to you as to want you want to make of it. If you want to sit back and get a $3.00 t-shirt than thats what you get. If you want to get involved (like you are by positng your thoughts) then we can take the input and make it better. SO many of you are trying to take this personally and that is not what it is about.

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Everyone that buys a new MC is supposed to get a free year of TMC. I do not think all of the dealers are passing this info along nor filling out the paperwork to get it done. I will see if there is a better way for MC to be sure you get the first year free like you are supposed to. Also what do you think about say 10% off service at your delaer to TMC members? Good? Bad? Indiferent? Or special insurance rates fro say SKi Safe for TMC members?

Just some ideas

bigmac
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Everyone that buys a new MC is supposed to get a free year of TMC. I do not think all of the dealers are passing this info along nor filling out the paperwork to get it done. I will see if there is a better way for MC to be sure you get the first year free like you are supposed to. Also what do you think about say 10% off service at your delaer to TMC members? Good? Bad? Indiferent? Or special insurance rates fro say SKi Safe for TMC members?

Just some ideas

I know that my dealer told MasterCraft that I have a new boat, since MasterCraft sent me a questionnaire and a "Welcome to MasterCraft" letter. Was there something else they were supposed to fill out?

jmyers
01-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Just some ideas
First I want my free year! I paid for this year and bought a brand "05" X9 in July so TMC that would be very nice mabey to get this coming year free! :D I also think any discounts would be great the problem is most discount programs are for things we either don't need or really don't want! So discounts on service would help with something we already need along with the insurance discount we all need insurance! I see TMC and Team Mastercraft looking in so no excuses here for not working with these concerns! ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I am sure that everyone has their own reason for being a member or not. New boat or old boat MC values all customers (we have recently created an "Owners Relation" position). In regards to Team MasterCraft, MC does look highly on the program and understands the importance of it. Yes, the program has changed hands over the past few years. Simple stated.... Team MasterCraft is listening to all of our owners in efforts to make the "Team' better and better.....
Thanks to all the MasterCraft fanatics out there

Chris W.
I thought this needed to be brought back TTT.......

rodltg2
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
i want my free year too, even if i sold the boat. that may make up for some of my troubles. i dont care if i own a bu now, i still wear a tshirt or use the towel.

jmyers
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM
i want my free year too, even if i sold the boat. that may make up for some of my troubles. i dont care if i own a bu now, i still wear a tshirt or use the towel.
:uglyhamme :noface: :uglyhamme

Diesel
01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
I know that my dealer told MasterCraft that I have a new boat, since MasterCraft sent me a questionnaire and a "Welcome to MasterCraft" letter. Was there something else they were supposed to fill out?

Same here. I did a new owner survey that was sent to me at my address directly from MC. After all my warranty issues MC is well aware of me and my boat. They know who I am and what I own NO EXCUSES.

I think TMC is going to have to prove themselves before it gets much support. People get tired of being slapped in the face and certainly don't want to voluntarily come back for more. Show us MC is doing something to make this program better. Show us how MC is making TMC a priority and will put the effort into it make it a success. Why is it our responsibility to make it better?? I am more than happy to offer up suggestions to make it better but first we need to start with the basics (like timely delivery, new owner registration, reunions, etc), then we can work on making it better. I think a really strong push needs to be made by MC to show current owners as well as new owners it is a program that is worthy of the MC name. To me it has become a joke and all I have heard are excuses. :rolleyes:

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
bigmac,

I am not sure. That is waht I am trying to find out. I have heard of a lot of people not getting their free year.

Thanks for the reply

Prostar19
01-18-2006, 06:12 PM
thanks Deisel,

I agree 100%.

Ric
01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
I cant remember exactly but the survey I received didnt come from vonore and wasn't addressed to vonore on the return
it was more like an address in knoxville or further away I cant remember exactly

Same here. I did a new owner survey that was sent to me at my address directly from MC. After all my warranty issues MC is well aware of me and my boat. They know who I am and what I own NO EXCUSES.

I think TMC is going to have to prove themselves before it gets much support. People get tired of being slapped in the face and certainly don't want to voluntarily come back for more. Show us MC is doing something to make this program better. Show us how MC is making TMC a priority and will put the effort into it make it a success. Why is it our responsibility to make it better?? I am more than happy to offer up suggestions to make it better but first we need to start with the basics (like timely delivery, new owner registration, reunions, etc), then we can work on making it better. I think a really strong push needs to be made by MC to show current owners as well as new owners it is a program that is worthy of the MC name. To me it has become a joke and all I have heard are excuses. :rolleyes:

LakePirate
01-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Dang this thread is long.

My .02 I was a member for a couple of years but when I got the same t-shirt 2 years in a row I figured that they were not taking the program seriously so I dropped out.

Haven't really seen the reason to get back in.

mitch
01-18-2006, 08:26 PM

Really? So it's TMC members yearly dues that keep the site up? That's interesting. :rolleyes:

Also, still looking for clarification on this one:

What does this mean? ->"So many people just want everything given to them just because"

Scot
01-18-2006, 08:37 PM

Is there a common theme? For minds that truely want to know....

Footin
01-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Dang this thread is long.

My .02 I was a member for a couple of years but when I got the same t-shirt 2 years in a row I figured that they were not taking the program seriously so I dropped out.

Haven't really seen the reason to get back in.

Exactly the reason I stopped my membership. I was a member from 94 thru 2004, got tired of the same suff every year....I had plenty of MC t-shirts.

TMCNo1
01-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Really? So it's TMC members yearly dues that keep the site up? That's interesting. :rolleyes:

Also, still looking for clarification on this one:

What does this mean? ->"So many people just want everything given to them just because"
because, only DR. PHIL knows for sure. I tried calling him today, but i knew he would ask me what kind of psycho state i had fell into to start this thread and ask such a question.............They are coming to take me away ho-ho-he-he-ha-ha, to the funny farm where life is beautiful ,all the time, those cute little men in their clean white suites, their coming to take me away, hooo-hoooo-heeee-heeee-haaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................. .......

X-45
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I signed up last year and then found out on the board that I got a membership with a new boat. So I got two boxes of stuff from MC. Up till now I though you had to be a member to post.
:shocked: :shocked:

Wrong again :confused:

mitch
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
because, only DR. PHIL knows for sure. I tried calling him today, but i knew he would ask me what kind of psycho state i had fell into to start this thread and ask such a question.............They are coming to take me away ho-ho-he-he-ha-ha, to the funny farm where life is beautiful ,all the time, those cute little men in their clean white suites, their coming to take me away, hooo-hoooo-heeee-heeee-haaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................. .......

Alrightly then :D

ski_king
01-18-2006, 09:17 PM
As I said before, you really need to consider using a ventalation fan when working with all that teak oil in an enclosed area.......

André
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
As I said before, you really need to consider using a ventalation fan when working with all that teak oil in an enclosed area.......
I don't think it's the fumes,he must inject right in the vein... :D

Prostar19
01-19-2006, 12:20 AM
mitch, no TMC dues do not keep this site up and running however if TMC does not exist this site does not exist and as someone said eariler you would have to start your own on Yahoo or something.

As to your answer on "So many people just want everything given to them just because"
I know you are trying to bait me into a fight saying you paid $50k for a boat and thats not free. So TMC could be like everyone else and give you what comes from their free owners club. Which is far less than what TMC gives you, although TMC does need help.

http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/default.htm

http://www.dodge.com/owners/index.html?context=ownermag&type=bounce

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gmc/home?cmp=gmchp

http://www.malibuboats.com/clubmalibu.aspx

http://www.correctcraft.com/main.htm

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsandracing/porscheclubs/porscheclubofamerica/

Look I am not trying to defend TMC merely trying to find a way to make it better. There is no way to please everyone as some people can not be happy at all.

I have seen a lot of post saying how lame TMC is and how you get crap over and over. A question what have you bought that has a better owners group? Or waht other manufactures do you know that have something better. I think Harley is supposed to have a very good owners club. Also with Harley most of their events are dealer driven not factory driven. I know thw Dodge Owners club gives me nothing but a news letter. No reunions, no free stuff, no race driving clinics. They give me a news letter with advertising on there products autos and apperal. and some partner advertising as well and they do offer discounts on some things discounts.

I envision TMC being much more than that and if we all can be constructve mabe we can make it happen.

So far no one has come back with what they would like it to be. The only thing I have seen is some people wanting their free year (which they deserve) of something they say they do not like.

Come on guys. We know it will not happen over night but we can make a difference. But we have to make an effort on our part.

PendO
01-19-2006, 12:37 AM

Man, that is the BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I have read all day ... the www.mastercrat.com website, and the www.tmcowners.com website are maintained by Mastercraft as part of their "For Profit Business" ... not that I'm privy to their tax returns, chart of accounts, expense report ... but I have a pretty good guess as to how the bandwidth is expensed.

Team Talk is a message board that helps to further the product and the experience ... and hopefully drive future business to Mastercraft (and great dealerships like Jim@Baws and MYMC).

Put down the "tree" ... pass it over here!

Prostar19
01-19-2006, 12:38 AM
pendo you are correct in part but are you not posting on Team Talk?
The idea here is to take the issue expressed here , acknowledge there is a problem and come up with a better TMC. You have some one here that is willing to listen and try to enact changes to better the system like so many people seem to want and all I see is criticism

So what suggestion do you have to make it better

I'll keep the tree ... thanks

PendO
01-19-2006, 12:46 AM
pendo you are correct in part but are you not posting on Team Talk?

So what suggestion do yo have to make it better

I'll keep the tree ... thanks

Apple does not equal orange

2 + 2 = 4

4 + 4 = 8

2 + 2 + 4 = 8

Team Mastercraft does not equal Team Talk

Oh, suggestions ... well you live in TN, Jmyers and I live on the Left Coast (next to the Pacific Ocean / Rocky Mountains / etc) ... my first suggestion would be a meaningfull event (not a motorcross event) ... you know, like the kind y'all get down south?

Oh, and whoever is in charge or the G-dam Camera Icons ... some of us would like one!

Prostar19
01-19-2006, 12:56 AM
I understand one does not equal the other. But I would say that this site is a benefit of TMC being around.

So a West Coast Reunion? Should there be more than one say like a North and South since the population is so large on the left coast. I understand they use to do one but it has not happened for a while. I will check into it and see if there is one on the horizon.
What would you like to see at the event? Poker Run, Clinics, Ski Show, On land boat show.

Great to see a suggestion

bigmac
01-19-2006, 01:52 AM
I'd suggest MasterCraft consider working these things closer to the local level - somehow encourage/incent dealers to put these things on. It strikes me that if we're only talking about 1 major event in the country every year, that's not going to cover much ground or get much broad-based good will. If TMC is going to be event-based (rather than beach towel-based) then there ought to be several small events scattered over a rotating few regions rather than just one. I'd be willing to load my boat onto the trailer and haul it a couple of hours to a TMC event in Minneapolis or Crosslake for a picnic, a few beers, and some watersports (not necessarily in that order) every 2 or 3 years, but not any farther. And if we're just talking a beach towel and a quarterly newsletter, that's unlikely to represent sufficient value. Discount on parts/service though - you bet. Access to service manuals - I'm there. Discounts on MasterCraft-branded accessories (what very few there are) - now you're talking.

So speaking of that, how about a page out of Harley Davidson's book and broaden the accessory line-up? In the short amount of time I've been a MasterCraft owner, THAT glaring omission has always puzzled me. Jeez, I can stop in a Harley dealer and buy three or four different styles of Harley-logo beach towels. There are threads on TMC with many posts just on MasterCraft decals for car windows. Lots of interest there. Then in the middle of it, TMC Admin jumped in to remind everyone that it was illegal. No proposal or move by MasterCraft to jump in to address that interest, though. If I were in MasterCraft marketing, I'd be looking at this forum closely and would certainly conclude that there's a pretty big potential market for MasterCraft-logo doodads. It doesn't take an MBA case-study to see the effect that stuff has had on Harley Davidson, Yamaha, Honda, SkiDoo...shoot, browse around in a John Deere dealership, for cryin' out loud.

Anyway, just my observation. It seems to me that MasterCraft has tried to address these customer after-market issues mainly through Team MasterCraft with and has done a poor job of it's implementation (an impression certainly reinforced by this thread).

JEREMY79
01-19-2006, 07:01 AM
mitch, no TMC dues do not keep this site up and running however if TMC does not exist this site does not exist and as someone said eariler you would have to start your own on Yahoo or something.

As to your answer on "So many people just want everything given to them just because"
I know you are trying to bait me into a fight saying you paid $50k for a boat and thats not free. So TMC could be like everyone else and give you what comes from their free owners club. Which is far less than what TMC gives you, although TMC does need help.

Look I am not trying to defend TMC merely trying to find a way to make it better. There is no way to please everyone as some people can not be happy at all.

I have seen a lot of post saying how lame TMC is and how you get crap over and over. A question what have you bought that has a better owners group? Or waht other manufactures do you know that have something better. I think Harley is supposed to have a very good owners club. Also with Harley most of their events are dealer driven not factory driven. I know thw Dodge Owners club gives me nothing but a news letter. No reunions, no free stuff, no race driving clinics. They give me a news letter with advertising on there products autos and apperal. and some partner advertising as well and they do offer discounts on some things discounts.

I envision TMC being much more than that and if we all can be constructve mabe we can make it happen.

So far no one has come back with what they would like it to be. The only thing I have seen is some people wanting their free year (which they deserve) of something they say they do not like.

Come on guys. We know it will not happen over night but we can make a difference. But we have to make an effort on our part.

Sounds to me that MC needs to work on their dealers.

BriEOD
01-19-2006, 08:36 AM
You have some one here that is willing to listen and try to enact changes to better the system
Chris,

Now we have someone listening. You've been on here for a few years, you know. I can remember LeeC and others repeatedly posting things directed at TMC and MC that never got any response. I'd say within the past 6-12 months MC finally started getting interactive on here. Before that, their was absolutely ZERO interaction with TMC or MC via this site and that is a fact.

The users are what make this site. Also, when I say users I don't mean TMC owners. This site is the most used ski boat website on the net. Heck, we even crashed the server we used it so much. It has nothing to do with MC or TMC. It's the friendly people, knowledgable folks like JimN, Engine Nut, MYMC, Jim, etc and just all the fun. Are we going to tell JimN he can't come on here because he isn't TMC? That guy has helped more people on here than anyone on site and he doesn't even own a boat.

I think TMC has a lot of potential. But, I agree with Diesel it needs some work. IMO it was better a few years ago and has declined...

mitch
01-19-2006, 09:18 AM

Not trying to bait you into a fight. Do you see me fighting on here? I'm a skier not a fighter? :cool: It's just you were painting w/ a pretty broad brush there, and I didn't see much back up.
On this site I certainly don't think people are looking for "something for free." MC advertises a TMC pkg, and in MANY cases failed to deliver. Like I said many are happy and that's great. I may join again in the future. I mean who doesn't like MC 'stuff'? BTW--> I also don't believe this -->if TMC does not exist this site does not exist. By and large most folks are very very happy with their MC boats (Me too!) and it shows daily on this site. As a result.......it a great advertising vehile for MC, and they know it.
As far as suggestions to make TMC better, there are loads of suggestions on the msg board. Cya!

TMCNo1
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Prostar19 and MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO., one suggestion i have made over the years to MC, is to invite a select group of owners [TMC MEMBERS OR NOT] from around the country to the dealer meeting held once a year, in the dealer meeting introduce the TMC program to the dealers while MC has their attention. Before the dealer meeting have a head banging session between the owners, [TMC members or not] and discuss the program and ways to improve it. Let the dealers know that for every boat they sell, service, owner they interact with, have open houses, reunions etc. and maintain a great relationship with that owner, it is to their benefit and they are adding a salesperson to their staff by basically maintaining good will. During any given year i will refer a potential new customer to our local dealer 5 or 6 times or more, yet go by the dealership, try to talk to them about TMC or anything about MC [ if you can find someone] and they deny knowing about the program, and will not talk to you about anything but selling you a new $60,000 boat, yet we are directing potential customers to them, whether we have a old boat or a new one. "I DON"T THINK THIS IS A ISOLATED CASE". All the dealers around the country need to be involved. If they don't know about the program, how does MC expect them to fill out the proper paperwork and inform the new customer about their 1 year free membership to TMC by just filling out the survey. HOW MANY MASTERCRAFT OWNERS ARE THERE ANYWAY? YOU ADDED ACCORDING TO JIM@BAWS 3500 NEW POTENTIAL NEW SALESPERSONS BY SELLING 3500+ NEW BOATS LAST YEAR ALONE. WE ARE A HECK OF A SALES FORCE, IF SOMEONE WOULD JUST INFORM THE DEALERS and we are basically doing it for nothing for the love of the product. We went to the Central Carolina Boat Show last year and spent the entire time looking at all the other ski boats, because for 4 hours NO ONE selling MC boats was around to talk to customers. The 2 boats they had were covered with people and no one was working with them. How are customers suppose to get the complete picture, and what?, is in store for them as a owner down the road. I need to stop now, i'm starting to randt and sweat. MC, we boat owners can help, but we need you to get the dealers on the wagon with us and for us, whether we are or are not TMC members, it needs to come full circle..........later............more to come, i'm just getting started by what i've been reading on this thread, i gotta rest my brain for a short.

jbfootin
01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
As I stated earlier, I don't feel like being a member to TMC is a rip off. I think that I get my moneys worth with the care package of shirts, hats etc., the newsleters and magazine. As far as this website, whether it is paid for in part by my dues or not makes no difference to me. I do believe that due to having a MC owners group is why this is here though.

As far as improvements.

1) I like the idea of having the dealerships orginizing events. That way it would be much more local or at least a reunion in each state. MC and the dealers can work on the budget as far as who flips the bill. This would be similar to HOG, in that each state or region has get togethers. Being in WI there are no reunions even close to us, even though we have several dealerships.

2) Most ski teams use MC, and get them at one hell of a deal. I know, I was on a ski team and have seen the invoices. They could partner with the ski teams to put on driving and skiing clinics as part of the deal. All of the skiers are volunteer, but they are skiers and love to be on the water with other people that love the sport, and show off your skills and teach.

3) Discounts at the dealerships would be awsome.

Enough said for now.

3event
01-19-2006, 12:15 PM
There are pages of suggestions all over this thread.........

I second the motion on local ski teams + promotions + clinics.

Clinics would be an outstanding idea. Clinic / demo days could really benefit the dealers as well as members and nonmembers who want to see what's new and learn from some folks who are more experienced in the sport. I would guess that if MC is giving ski teams some discount programs and benefits, they could be convinced (or required - maybe an agreement in exchange for the benefits) to put on clinics. The ski teams around SE WI have the diversity of talent for that from what I've seen. Promotion for them, too.

I repeat my earlier suggestion, for this and other events like pro/amateur tournaments - early / VIP invites for TMC members. There are lots of small local fun tourneys too, and the dealers can get connected to those.

Clearly, as TMCNo1 says, the dealers have GOT to get on board.

jkski
01-19-2006, 12:20 PM
If MC would like to hire me, I know we could turn this into something great. Who better to promote MC and organize all these great events, than someone who is passionate about MC. I would think that most people on this board would qualify!

TMCNo1
01-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Prostar19 and MASTERCRAFT, and one more thing i might add. EVERYONE KNOWS ME AND MY WIFE AND WE ARE NOT PEOPLE WHO WILL ASK FOR A FREE RIDE JUST BECAUSE WE EXIST, you know, we have earned everything we've received because we've done our part to contribute. I think for some, it's time to step up and do the same. FOR US IT'S NOT JUST A ADVENTURE, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.

Prostar19
01-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks to all of you for offering up some ideas. I agree the dealerrs need to be more involved and should promote it at the local level. That's where we can all help. Get involved with your dealer and thats is what I did and they supported me. Most deales will say they are too busy in the warm months to plan and put on events but if we plan the and ask them to support us we can get the ball rolling.

I will take all suggestions and try to get withTMC and make it a better club for us all.

Thanks Again :worthy:

bigmac
01-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Prostar19 and MASTERCRAFT, and one more thing i might add. EVERYONE KNOWS ME AND MY WIFE AND WE ARE NOT PEOPLE WHO WILL ASK FOR A FREE RIDE JUST BECAUSE WE EXIST, you know, we have earned everything we've received because we've done our part to contribute. I think for some, it's time to step up and do the same. FOR US IT'S NOT JUST A ADVENTURE, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.That's great, but bear in mind, for some MasterCraft owners it's not A WAY OF LIFE, it's just a boat. A nice boat, to be sure, but still, a recreational vehicle, not a religion.

jmyers
01-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks to all of you for offering up some ideas. I agree the dealerrs need to be more involved and should promote it at the local level. That's where we can all help. Get involved with your dealer and thats is what I did and they supported me. Most deales will say they are too busy in the warm months to plan and put on events but if we plan the and ask them to support us we can get the ball rolling.

I will take all suggestions and try to get withTMC and make it a better club for us all.

Thanks Again :worthy:
And why do you think the dealers are so busy in the warm months, ALONG with MC because we are BUYING BOATS along with everyhting else!!! Now how important is it to get the DEALERS off their A** to supprort us as we do when we buy a boat and the MC stuff!! Come on I am tired of hearing a multi million dollar company and dealers all over the country RAKING in the dough, and yes I said it RAKING saying we as owners should show our support for events and MC related goods such as TMC!! It is our JOB to suggest what we would like to see(with in reason) to MC and TMC And even the "PRO SHOP" and it is MC's job to FOLLOW UP!!! I guarantee if there was follow up we as owners would show up in full force to help!! SO no more excuses!! I am very happy with my boat and overall with the start of TMC but everytime this discussion gets going EXCUSES fly and nothing happens, if it has to be the dealers getting it together, then do it that is part of being a MC DEALER they sell the best then be the best!! My dealer in Pleasanton has been AWESOME, and I am sure they would contribute even if they are so busy "selling boats" If MC and us as owners worked with all the MC dealers in our area's to pitch in everyone would benefit They are still a team as dealers as we are a team as owners, such as the name TEAM MAstercraft! Ok I think I am done it is early here and coffee hasen't kicked in yet! And one more thing NO we don't need 2 or 3 events on the west coast I would drive to one if it was WORTH it!

Ric
01-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Apple does not equal orange

2 + 2 = 4

4 + 4 = 8

2 + 2 + 4 = 8

Team Mastercraft does not equal Team Talk

Oh, suggestions ... well you live in TN, Jmyers and I live on the Left Coast (next to the Pacific Ocean / Rocky Mountains / etc) ... my first suggestion would be a meaningfull event (not a motorcross event) ... you know, like the kind y'all get down south?

Oh, and whoever is in charge or the G-dam Camera Icons ... some of us would like one!

all pendo really wants is a camera icon, can SOMEBODY make this happen?

ski_king
01-19-2006, 02:07 PM
all pendo really wants is a camera icon, can SOMEBODY make this happen?
Here you go.. http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/buttons/camera.gif

Robert Averyt
01-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Howdy TMC #1,

Several of our club members and myself met you and your wife at Cypress Gardens many gears ago when they had the Mastercraft event and the NSL proam the same weekend. I was so impressed with your boat and trailer. One thing I remember is that the wheel on your trailer jack was spotless. Now that is detailed. If I remember you and your wife put your boat on the lake that Sunday. It was great seeing a boat that was perfect being used.

Hope to run into you all again.

Robert Averyt http://pages.tca.net/raveryt/

TMCNo1
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Howdy TMC #1,

Several of our club members and myself met you and your wife at Cypress Gardens many gears ago when they had the Mastercraft event and the NSL proam the same weekend. I was so impressed with your boat and trailer. One thing I remember is that the wheel on your trailer jack was spotless. Now that is detailed. If I remember you and your wife put your boat on the lake that Sunday. It was great seeing a boat that was perfect being used.

Hope to run into you all again.

Robert Averyt http://pages.tca.net/raveryt/
Thanks for the kind words, as a mater of fact all 11 years we have been to the gardens we have done the lake thing on sunday, all 22 lakes if i remember right. The first year we signed waivers and rode in the boats in the sunday ski show, then the next year the ski show drivers drove our boats in some show practice stunts while we videoed and then let us drive and taught us some of the driving stunts with our own boats, ski around the boat, thread the needle, side by side bumping rubrails and the syncro wot power turns. Got a pic of our boat threading the needle and all thats in the water is the tips of the prop blades, yes its framed and on our wall of shame......................................... One year on sunday after the boat judging, a guy and his brother who attended the reunion,that we didn't know, saw us on sunday pulling our daughter tricking, the younger brother cried because he couldn't believe we were in the water using our boat. He sold his half interest to the older brother shortly thereafter and 2 years later the older brother beat us out for best of show and I couldn't have been happier. He is still and will always be a good MC friend, even though he only won that year and hasn't been to a reunion since........yes, our boat does get used!

TMCNo1
01-19-2006, 03:54 PM
That's great, but bear in mind, for some MasterCraft owners it's not A WAY OF LIFE, it's just a boat. A nice boat, to be sure, but still, a recreational vehicle, not a religion.
You are right it's just a boat.............an PRO football team, a PRO basketball team, a motorcycle, a colledge sports team, golf, 4 wheeling, drinking, doing drugs, gambling, a home, cars, street rods, or should i go on. I can't do all there is to do, like some people can, so the boat will have to do, i guess???????????????????

jmyers
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
You are right it's just a boat.............an PRO football team, a PRO basketball team, a motorcycle, a colledge sports team, golf, 4 wheeling, drinking, doing drugs, gambling, a home, cars, street rods, or should i go on. I can't do all there is to do, like some people can, so the boat will have to do, i guess???????????????????
Are you OK!! :confused:

TMCNo1
01-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Are you OK!! :confused:
YES SIR, i got a son-in law who cannot understand our zest for our boat and Mastercraft and critizises me for it, yet his entire world revolves around the UNIVERSITY of NORTH CAROLINA @ CHAPEL HILL basketball program, except at work at another college, he eats, drinks sleeps, talks, wears UNC and even maintains a ACC blog. He says, i'm getting less out of it than i put in it. I can understand his zeal but he doesn't understand mine, go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
YES SIR, i got a son-in law who cannot understand our zest for our boat and Mastercraft and critizises me for it, yet his entire world revolves around the UNIVERSITY of NORTH CAROLINA @ CHAPEL HILL basketball program, except at work at another college, he eats, drinks sleeps, talks, wears UNC and even maintains a ACC blog. He says, i'm getting less out of it than i put in it. I can understand his zeal but he doesn't understand mine, go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kids............ :rolleyes:

jmyers
01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey I take flack all the time from friends that don't understand what MC and being a MC owner is all about because they DON'T have one!! To my wife thinking I am a bit crazy for thinking boat all the time, and even talking to you guys everyday!! (she is coming around) So I do understand most of what you are saying once I read through the funny stuff! :D I just think there is way to much RED TAPE around and political BS and not enough true MC boat stuff(I know it is winter!) We buy these boats to truely enjoy them and if that changes then why own them!

TMCNo1
01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
At christmas around here you are asked on occasion to gift other members of the family with NASCAR, CAROLINA PANTHER, UNC among other recreational activity gifts, but this one of the few years we got a MASTERCRAFT gift, our daughter and her husband gave us a MC baby outfit on XMAS EVE. announcing the pending birth of our first grandchild. That is and will be the most valuable piece of MC gear we will ever own. NO regifting this one.

Robert Averyt
01-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Congrat's

what a gift!

Stritt
01-19-2006, 07:43 PM
It may be as simple as this:

When TMC was introduced its "reunions" were driven by the ProTour events.....Through the years the events have diminished and the events have been sporatic. I will give Ski and Sports in MO credit, Dave and April do a HECK of a job putting that together. Liquid Sports Marine in Orlando, again a terrific job with the St. Johns River Run. The factory reunion in 03 was alot of fun as well, to bad the weather didn't work out.

All this stuff, about Team Talk existing because of TMC.....is it really important? If it didnt exist, something ele would have, so what is the point. MasterCraft is providing a forum for their customers, in turn, also receiving great exposure and benefit for existing customer relations as well as potential owners.

I no longer own a MasterCraft, but I frequent the board quite abit, 98% of the time I am not logged in....only a visitor.....This is a GREAT site for MasterCraft.

Proshop items are not good and the pricing has been terrible in regards to the quality of items sold. This has been a battle as far as I can remember back into the 90's when Jennifer Leachman's husband was in charge of MC apparrel.....Goto Rinker boats, I bought a customer of mine a golf pullover by Cutter and Buck...that quality. Yes, it cost $$ but it was worth it. Up the quality of goods, keep the price reasonable.....remember in the long run its FREE advertisment for you and your making a profit. No different than me having a big MASTERCRAFT sticker on my truck when I was an owner of MC's for 8 years and 4 different boats. When I was at the factory, the person in charge of the Proshop was VERY generous to my family and we were greatful.

I rate the TMC club a GREAT buy......if you have the ability to attend some reunion and no a MotoCross event would not entice me to attend if I were an owner.

quincyfirefighter
01-19-2006, 11:14 PM
man I'm exhausted reading all this :eek: All I know is that I'm happy that I have my MC ( second owner) Would like to see more dealer involvement and maybe a TMC meet somewhere on the weat coast on the water. I would make it to that to meet other MC owners. :twocents:

vegashomeexpert
01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Any way you can bottle the passion shown on this thread? I got a call from Mastercraft today to find out where I was having the problem signing up online. Now, yesterday I was PM'd and got signed up outside of the website, and today, just one day later, I have been contacted to help solve the problem. And, I got a PM to follow up to make sure I got the phone call. I find this extraordinary service! Where else would they put forth that kind of effort for $35 minus 2 hats and a T-shirt? Don't know what all the gripin' is about. Maybe I am the exception to the rule, or just special :D , but the guys at TMC are allright by me! :dance:

quincyfirefighter
01-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Any way you can bottle the passion shown on this thread? I got a call from Mastercraft today to find out where I was having the problem signing up online. Now, yesterday I was PM'd and got signed up outside of the website, and today, just one day later, I have been contacted to help solve the problem. And, I got a PM to follow up to make sure I got the phone call. I find this extraordinary service! Where else would they put forth that kind of effort for $35 minus 2 hats and a T-shirt? Don't know what all the gripin' is about. Maybe I am the exception to the rule, or just special :D , but the guys at TMC are allright by me! :dance:
Man I hear ya. Had some problems with a order from the pro-shop sometime back. Well stated my complant here and the next day I got a call at home from someone at MC ( no names please) and I got my order within two days after waiting seven weeks. also got some X- goodles with the order for free :cool: so I know that there can be improvements but that's not going to stop me from renewing my membership. (To each their own) Right!! We all love our MC's and we show it in diffrence ways :firejump:

Ric
01-20-2006, 01:50 AM
If the 40th is HALF as sexy as the 06 TT boat, you'll be feeling the pull!!!

Good to see you posting 35th!!

It may be as simple as this:

When TMC was introduced its "reunions" were driven by the ProTour events.....Through the years the events have diminished and the events have been sporatic. I will give Ski and Sports in MO credit, Dave and April do a HECK of a job putting that together. Liquid Sports Marine in Orlando, again a terrific job with the St. Johns River Run. The factory reunion in 03 was alot of fun as well, to bad the weather didn't work out.

All this stuff, about Team Talk existing because of TMC.....is it really important? If it didnt exist, something ele would have, so what is the point. MasterCraft is providing a forum for their customers, in turn, also receiving great exposure and benefit for existing customer relations as well as potential owners.

I no longer own a MasterCraft, but I frequent the board quite abit, 98% of the time I am not logged in....only a visitor.....This is a GREAT site for MasterCraft.

Proshop items are not good and the pricing has been terrible in regards to the quality of items sold. This has been a battle as far as I can remember back into the 90's when Jennifer Leachman's husband was in charge of MC apparrel.....Goto Rinker boats, I bought a customer of mine a golf pullover by Cutter and Buck...that quality. Yes, it cost $$ but it was worth it. Up the quality of goods, keep the price reasonable.....remember in the long run its FREE advertisment for you and your making a profit. No different than me having a big MASTERCRAFT sticker on my truck when I was an owner of MC's for 8 years and 4 different boats. When I was at the factory, the person in charge of the Proshop was VERY generous to my family and we were greatful.

I rate the TMC club a GREAT buy......if you have the ability to attend some reunion and no a MotoCross event would not entice me to attend if I were an owner.

TMCNo1
01-20-2006, 01:07 PM
I was questioning my starting this thread yesterday by all the negativity and complaining expressed in posts on it and am pleased to see some positive results. Again, I want to stress the point, that MASTERCRAFT is watching, listening and is there for you if you truely have a problem, communicate and address it fully and to them properly, you can get satisfaction. Thank you MC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmac
01-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I was questioning my starting this thread yesterday by all the negativity and complaining expressed in posts on it and am pleased to see some positive results. Again, I want to stress the point, that MASTERCRAFT is watching, listening and is there for you if you truely have a problem, communicate and address it fully and to them properly, you can get satisfaction. Thank you MC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one thing that puzzles me a little. Someone starts a thread like "what do you think of your dealer?", and when people start actually writing here what they think of their dealer, some-or-many people that have anything to do with MasterCraft hunker down and gets defensive if the news gets too bad. I think most people who post here are hesitant to be TOO critical of MasterCraft because it just feels kind of like MC doesn't really want to hear bad news here.

You were questioning starting the thread because it generated some negativity - that's exactly what I mean. Man, if I owned MasterCraft, I'd be thrilled to hear the negative side of what my company is doing, direct from the customers' mouths. Far better, far more helpful to my company than a 3500 member love-fest where everybody is afraid to express their bad experiences.

TMCNo1
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
That's one thing that puzzles me a little. Someone starts a thread like "what do you think of your dealer?", and when people start actually writing here what they think of their dealer, some-or-many people that have anything to do with MasterCraft hunker down and gets defensive if the news gets too bad. I think most people who post here are hesitant to be TOO critical of MasterCraft because it just feels kind of like MC doesn't really want to hear bad news here.

You were questioning starting the thread because it generated some negativity - that's exactly what I mean. Man, if I owned MasterCraft, I'd be thrilled to hear the negative side of what my company is doing, direct from the customers' mouths. Far better, far more helpful to my company than a 3500 member love-fest where everybody is afraid to express their bad experiences.
The negatives are ok with me as long as they are turned into positives.

JDK
01-20-2006, 01:37 PM
YOUR POST TO START THIS THREAD; "i'm truely amazed as to how few on here are not members of TEAM MASTERCRAFT. Can anyone out there shed some light on this, because i believe MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO. would like to know too!"

You kind of answered your own question......seems like lots of people sending money to a big company and not receiving what they expected (or anything for that matter) in return.
.....I think I'll take a pass on this invitation to join, but thanks for the offer.

Cloaked
01-20-2006, 02:22 PM
YOUR POST TO START THIS THREAD; "i'm truely amazed as to how few on here are not members of TEAM MASTERCRAFT. Can anyone out there shed some light on this, because i believe MASTERCRAFT BOAT CO. would like to know too!"
It got jacked a long long time ago... :D

And no one knew it... LOL.....

Someone needs to close this thread..... :headbang:

Ric
01-20-2006, 02:24 PM
good to hear it!!
As a manufacturer, it's not productive to get into these message boards and converse.
Sounds like they did you right.

Ric
01-20-2006, 02:25 PM
vegas, next time mc calls, can you get them to contact pendo? I hear he needs a camera icon....

vegashomeexpert
01-20-2006, 02:31 PM
vegas, next time mc calls, can you get them to contact pendo? I hear he needs a camera icon....
Will do, but I need to get mine first!

PendO
01-20-2006, 08:36 PM
The negatives are ok with me as long as they are turned into positives.

What, are you going to reverse the polarity with an ionizer?

Cloaked
01-20-2006, 08:38 PM
good to hear it!!
As a manufacturer, it's not productive to get into these message boards and converse.
Sounds like they did you right.Accountability is never a good thing to the defendant. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I am still going to sign up again when it comes time.:D Hopefully my towels will available by then.

Footin
01-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I will probably rejoin this year, I need some new MC shirts.

Footin
01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey maybe they will MC calenders, that would be great idea.

I wish someone would make one, I would pay alot of money for that.

vegashomeexpert
01-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Got another call from Mastercraft yesterday. They figured out what the problem is on the sign up page. Of the 3 gifts, you can't pick 2 hats. There is a bug in the program that disables the bottom "submit" button when you do that. Now I am getting 1 hat and 2 shirts. Its all good! Again, I am THOUROUGHLY IMPRESSED with their follow up! WOW! :D

TMCNo1
01-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Got another call from Mastercraft yesterday. They figured out what the problem is on the sign up page. Of the 3 gifts, you can't pick 2 hats. There is a bug in the program that disables the bottom "submit" button when you do that. Now I am getting 1 hat and 2 shirts. Its all good! Again, I am THOUROUGHLY IMPRESSED with their follow up! WOW! :D
Good deal, glad everything has worked out for you and please keep everyone informed on the arrival of your welcome letter, membership card, goodie package, "STAR MAGAZINE" when it's sent out, event notifications and above all your next years renewal notice, so if there would happen to be a problem in any of those areas, they can be all worked out for everyone's benefit too. Thanks with working with them, so they could work it out for you.

vegashomeexpert
01-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Good deal, glad everything has worked out for you and please keep everyone informed on the arrival of your welcome letter, membership card, goodie package, "STAR MAGAZINE" when it's sent out, event notifications and above all your next years renewal notice, so if there would happen to be a problem in any of those areas, they can be all worked out for everyone's benefit too. Thanks with working with them, so they could work it out for you.
Thank YOU! I wouldn't have pursued it if you hadn't started this thread. I would have been just another innocent whiner left on the side of the road, so to speak. :D

milkmania
01-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Thank YOU! I wouldn't have pursued it if you hadn't started this thread. I would have been just another innocent whiner left on the side of the road, so to speak. :D

as someone that's been through the process, I gotta ask.....

what's the largest shirt sizes?
some of us "big boned" need to know:o

bucky
01-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Someone said that the more times you here mastercraft, the more likely you are to purchase. It must be true, because I was trying to wade throught this post, and on about page 12 I got dizzy, slightly confused, and came to with a membership to team mastercraft.
Thanks to this post, I expected it to be a giant pain-in-the-***, and it was. 8 tries before my order went through! At least my membership started out on the right foot.:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-22-2006, 02:16 AM
I believe BIGMAC has mentioned these types of BUGS they should be aware of in numerous threads. And has given solutions to boot....

jkski
01-22-2006, 08:48 AM
If MC would like to hire me, I know we could turn this into something great. Who better to promote MC and organize all these great events, than someone who is passionate about MC. I would think that most people on this board would qualify!

In a moment of haste, I made the above comment, and then did a little research to find out who actually runs TMC. Well, I came to find out that the person in charge, I have actually met and corresponded with on several occassions, and that individual has got to be one of the most dedicated and passionate MC people I have ever met. I certainly can not say why things are not getting done, however, I can sya that it is not due to a lack of effort on the part of this individual. Had I used my brain prior to typing, I would not have thought for a second that I could do any better of a job. My apologies go out to that person.

TMCNo1
01-22-2006, 09:23 AM
as someone that's been through the process, I gotta ask.....

what's the largest shirt sizes?
some of us "big boned" need to know:o
I think, don't quote me but, XXL OR XXXL may be the largest sizes that are available and it should show up as a choice on the membership application and or on the renewal notice, for your size choice for the 1 t-shirt you get in the basic package and size choices for any additional t-shirts you may want to add to your order. Yea, I'm not a small person either and it helps to have larger sizes avail. for us hulks. it may be best to just check with c. wingo to be sure and or may be he will follow up with a answer on this thread......later

Prostar19
01-25-2006, 07:49 PM
For all of you that told me that you had not received your free year of team MC please email me your: Name, address, and seriel number and I will work on getting you your free year. I have talked to a few people that I think can help so lets get it done.

TMCNo1
01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Prostar19, See you been working in the background, THANKS, also made a couple calls myself to those who can help............Later

RickDV
01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
What does MC have to do to get more TMC members? You don't have to take a college business class to figure it out.

1. Listen to the customer,
2. Offer him something he wants at a fair price, and
3. Deliver the goods as promised.

Making good on only one or two of the three doesn't cut it. You gotta make good on all three.

Bert
06-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Cause after not joining for a few years I joined this year and got some T shirts with the logos falling off. I couldn't remember why I quit joining but I just had my memory refreshed, cheap stuff and expensive shipping charges. The towels look good though. Hope they don't fall apart when they are washed.

TMCNo1
06-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Cause after not joining for a few years I joined this year and got some T shirts with the logos falling off. I couldn't remember why I quit joining but, cheap stuff and expensive shipping charges.

:confused: ???????????????????????, OK, I get it, you paid for the shipping on your TMC membership package, above and beyond your membership dues, right? And, you have t-shirts that the silk screening is coming off of, right? And, you have towels that may come apart, but you don't know, right?

And, you have contacted Greg Clower [customer relations] @ Mastercraft, by phone, e-mail or pm and voiced your discontent about the bad silk screening, poor quality and high shipping charges, right?

And, you have contacted 1-877-4mc-stuf, voiced your discontent with the people MasterCraft contracts for taking your orders for quality manufacturing, stocking and the shipping your membership package and additional TMC items you want to buy, right?

Bert
06-03-2006, 10:51 AM
:confused: ???????????????????????, OK, I get it, you paid for the shipping on your TMC membership package, above and beyond your membership dues, right? And, you have t-shirts that the silk screening is coming off of, right? And, you have towels that may come apart, but you don't know, right?

And, you have contacted Greg Clower [customer relations] @ Mastercraft, by phone, e-mail or pm and voiced your discontent about the bad silk screening, poor quality and high shipping charges, right?

And, you have contacted 1-877-4mc-stuf, voiced your discontent with the people MasterCraft contracts for taking your orders for quality manufacturing, stocking and the shipping your membership package and additional TMC items you want to buy, right?
Just got the stuff last night but I will be calling. UPS charges doubled the cost of it all. The silk screening quality is very poor. The towels and the hat are nice.

mitch
06-03-2006, 11:09 AM

I try very very hard to not read your posts as they're generally pretty painful, *but* unfortunantly I read this one (it's raining). Sloppy on my part :wavey:

reminded me of this collection of useless keystrokes from you:

Is the MC website the only place to buy MC appearl and accessories? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to the plant in Vonore?
Have you ever been to a Boat Owner Reunion?
Have you ever been to a PRO TOUR stop of any kind, anywhere?
Have you ever been to your Dealer and asked for stuff and let him know you will spend money for it?
Have you ever asked your dealer if he buys obsolete Proshop items MC sells to the dealers to reduce their stock of old stuff at discount prices?
Have you called, e-mailed, or p-m'd Jim@Baws and asked him if he has any decals in his supply he bought from MC that may work for you?
Have you been sitting on your front porch waiting for someone from MC to come to your home with the "BIG RED RIG" full of stuff free for you "JUST BECAUSE"?
Have you ever asked if they make all this stuff, and they are out of it, who is buying it? Apparently the persons who are buying the stuff aren't complaining!
Have you ever sent a resume to MC Director of Human Resources, Greg Stanley and told him you can do a better job than anyone else they could ever get!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by TMCNo1 : 03-12-2006 at 04:02 PM.

Here's the link for those who are bored :rolleyes:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7647&highlight=proshop+mitch

André
06-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Mitch! :wavey:
Raining at your place too hey...
Skied last nite,water is 70 for a week now.May take a quick trip near you this summer during my vacation... :friday:
You're at the lake?

Bert
06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I try very very hard to not read your posts as they're generally pretty painful, *but* unfortunantly I read this one (it's raining). Sloppy on my part :wavey:

reminded me of this collection of useless keystrokes from you:

Is the MC website the only place to buy MC appearl and accessories? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to the plant in Vonore?
Have you ever been to a Boat Owner Reunion?
Have you ever been to a PRO TOUR stop of any kind, anywhere?
Have you ever been to your Dealer and asked for stuff and let him know you will spend money for it?
Have you ever asked your dealer if he buys obsolete Proshop items MC sells to the dealers to reduce their stock of old stuff at discount prices?
Have you called, e-mailed, or p-m'd Jim@Baws and asked him if he has any decals in his supply he bought from MC that may work for you?
Have you been sitting on your front porch waiting for someone from MC to come to your home with the "BIG RED RIG" full of stuff free for you "JUST BECAUSE"?
Have you ever asked if they make all this stuff, and they are out of it, who is buying it? Apparently the persons who are buying the stuff aren't complaining!
Have you ever sent a resume to MC Director of Human Resources, Greg Stanley and told him you can do a better job than anyone else they could ever get!

Last edited by TMCNo1 : 03-12-2006 at 04:02 PM.

Here's the link for those who are bored :rolleyes:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7647&highlight=proshop+mitch

To funny Mitch. I have to agree with your assessment of the key strokes and you are right on the money about the MC proshop and the worthless junk offered.

mitch
06-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Mitch! :wavey:
Raining at your place too hey...
Skied last nite,water is 70 for a week now.May take a quick trip near you this summer during my vacation... :friday:
You're at the lake?

Hey André!! I just saw you were on-line, how you doing bud? Yes, raining, and yes at the lake. What the heck, it's raining at home too, might as well be at the lake. Supposed to rain all day ;( If you're in the area, look me up for sure!!! I've got room for you and your dog!! I'm sure my tower will be fixed then ;) Cya!!

SkiDog
06-03-2006, 11:39 AM
What does MC have to do to get more TMC members? You don't have to take a college business class to figure it out.

1. Listen to the customer,
2. Offer him something he wants at a fair price, and
3. Deliver the goods as promised.

Making good on only one or two of the three doesn't cut it. You gotta make good on all three.

Heres what I try to do in my building business - Under promise - Over deliver!

mitch
06-03-2006, 12:15 PM
To funny Mitch. I have to agree with your assessment of the key strokes and you are right on the money about the MC proshop and the worthless junk offered.

I hear ya. I'm still waiting for a callback from the proshop. ""We'll call you when the 18" decals are in.."" That was March... I know they're in by now, but the MC decal was replaced by a Polaris decal. 1st time is 8 years I don't have an MC decal on my truck. Wife and daughter still have em on the rides. It's summer I may actually call and get one, I miss it..... I do miss the old proshop a lot, it used to be great, w/ tons of killer shirts and hats!!!!!!!!!! And as promised I have not checked back there since March. The old hats are long gone, and I've replaced them w/ Sox, Miller lite etc. I'm very brand loyal, but they got nutin' for me now. I love MC, but not enough to wear that frieking trucker hat.

Did a search on 'frieghtliner' (I'm not kidding, and Andre that was your hat term :) ) and I found this gem from 04. That's how long the hats have been a joke, actually a while b4 that. Proshop rant over....

Yea, I'm bored. I should wake my teenage son, it's 11:15 :rolleyes:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=900&page=1&pp=10&highlight=frieghtliner

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-03-2006, 12:17 PM
For what its worth, I joined Team Mastercraft last year. I Never recieved any news letter or anything else...... I bought a few t shirts and a hat and some decals. I wont join again.

mitch
06-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I hear ya. I'm still waiting for a callback from the proshop. ""We'll call you when the 18" decals are in.."" That was March... I know they're in by now, but the MC decal was replaced by a Polaris decal. 1st time is 8 years I don't have an MC decal on my truck. Wife and daughter still have em on the rides. It's summer I may actually call and get one, I miss it..... I do miss the old proshop a lot, it used to be great, w/ tons of killer shirts and hats!!!!!!!!!! And as promised I have not checked back there since March. The old hats are long gone, and I've replaced them w/ Sox, Miller lite etc. I'm very brand loyal, but they got nutin' for me now. I love MC, but not enough to wear that frieking trucker hat.

Did a search on 'frieghtliner' (I'm not kidding, and Andre that was your hat term :) ) and I found this gen from 04. That's how long the hats have been a joke, actually a while b4 that. Proshop rant over....

Yea, I'm bored. I should wake my teenage son, it's 11:15 :rolleyes:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=900&page=1&pp=10&highlight=frieghtliner

Hey Bert, I just noticed you were in that 04 thread too :D

mitch
06-03-2006, 12:22 PM
For what its worth, I joined Team Mastercraft last year. I Never recieved any news letter or anything else...... I bought a few t shirts and a hat and some decals. I wont join again.

It's been 3 years since I was a member. From what I've read, they seem to be getting better, although I heard you can read the newspaper thru their new towel. Sorry, Proshop rant is really over this time

mitch
06-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Just checked the proshop for Hats....I'm ill I know, I know, I shouldn't have checked.....

Bert
06-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Bert, I just noticed you were in that 04 thread too :D
Yep and they still ain't listening. Just pissed :mad: that I was STUPID enough to sign up again and waste my cash. Wish the wind would slow down so I could get out on the water. Oh well I could go out and let the wind take that ugly MC hat off my head :D
That trucker hat you are so fond of is in the clearance bin now ;)