PDA

View Full Version : stainless hose covers

Hunterb
01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting some stainless hose covers for the t-stat to manifold hoses and maybe the raw water pump to circ pump as well. Has anyone done this or seen it done? I know they don't serve much purpose but I like the look of them and one of my projects this winter is to 'pretty up' the motor a bit.

If anyone has any experience with the kits or any suggestions in general I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

Bruce

p.s. Raining so much in southwest BC that I may have to use the Mastercraft for general transportation soon. Makes for good snow skiing though.

Sodar
01-16-2006, 05:28 PM
My buddy began putting these covers on the hoses, but decided to go all the way with full braided lines and anodized aluminum fittings. The only thing I do not like about the covers is that you can still see part of the hose clamp and the fittings that cover the hose clamps are plastic. Steel braided lines would look pretty sweet though, I have never seen it done on a ski boat, just on flatbottoms and other high performance stuff.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-16-2006, 09:42 PM
http://www.holley.com/categories.asp?division=Earls

88 PS190
01-17-2006, 10:30 AM
If you decide to do braided likes w/ alum. fittings get the right wrenches, they'll keep you from screwing anything up on the anodizing.

tph
01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
I used braided nylon cable covers purchased at an electronics store. Not as fancy as the stainless variety, but better than stock.

Hunterb
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. I like the look of the stainless hose covers, but not if you can see the hose clamps etc. It needs to look like the real thing, or I need to get off my wallet and purchase the real thing. I haven't priced them out yet but I suspect the real things are pretty expensive.

I'll search around and if I find something I like and install it I'll take some pictures and post them.

If anyone has a recommended supplier feel free to post it. I am on Vancouver Island in southwest BC (Canada).

Thanks again.

Bruce

Workin' 4 Toys
01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Go to the link I posted and check suppliers. Its all there..

martini
01-17-2006, 03:43 PM
did only the fuel lines on my most recent MC with braided stainless and AN fittings all the way back to the tank. Added a nice touch of "bling".

Workin' 4 Toys
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Looks nice. That gives me an idea.....

martini
01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
This was also a "practical" upgrade, since the Holley's and Edelbrock's fuel feeds are in completely different locations. The ability to service and easily detach fuel lines was entirely necessary for me because I am always "tinkering".

Hunterb
01-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Workin 4 Toys, I went to the site you sent me and the stuff looks nice but I couldn't find a price list, which always scares me. I'll go back and look harder for prices. Thanks again.

Martini, very nice looking motor. I was curious as to what that thing is that is on top of your motor that the line from your fuel pump goes into. My fuel line goes directly from the pump to the carb.

Bruce

Workin' 4 Toys
01-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Workin 4 Toys, I went to the site you sent me and the stuff looks nice but I couldn't find a price list, which always scares me. I'll go back and look harder for prices. Thanks again.

Martini, very nice looking motor. I was curious as to what that thing is that is on top of your motor that the line from your fuel pump goes into. My fuel line goes directly from the pump to the carb.

Bruce
Sorry, I figured you might have known what you're in for with such a project. I have local shops that have this equipment.
Here is a reference on prices for earl's plumbing....
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=earl&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=0&y=0

Hunterb
01-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks,

Those prices aren't really as bad as I thouht they might be. I'm going to check some of the local suppliers to see what their costs are. Sometimes these things are quite a bit pricier in Canada for some reason.

Bruce

Workin' 4 Toys
01-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I didn't know where you were. This might help....
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6364

Thanks,

Those prices aren't really as bad as I thouht they might be. I'm going to check some of the local suppliers to see what their costs are. Sometimes these things are quite a bit pricier in Canada for some reason.

Bruce