PDA

View Full Version : tube flyer

sizzler
01-16-2006, 03:48 AM
anyone seen or been on one these......gotta get me one...

www.sportsstuff.com

Mag_Red
01-16-2006, 07:21 AM
My brother-in-law had something like it. Fun for the kids, but a waste of $ IMHO. :wavey:

T Scott
01-16-2006, 07:37 AM
My neighbor has one and it certainly does fly like it shows in the video, What it dosen't show is the violent crashes from 30 feet in the air. Lawsuit in a box..........

RexDog1
01-17-2006, 10:31 AM
We have the Sevylor Manta Ray Tube
The kids love it
is great fun
we got it up about 10ft in the air :eek: then the kid jumped off
you need to keep a eye on the wind

Footin
01-17-2006, 10:39 AM
And here I thought my parasail was dangerous.

milkmania
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
My neighbor has one and it certainly does fly like it shows in the video, What it dosen't show is the violent crashes from 30 feet in the air. Lawsuit in a box..........

I don't know....................

lookled pretty violent to me:eek:

http://mail.sportsstuff.com/movies/index.shtml#

78skier
01-28-2006, 04:21 PM
I have seen the video and am planing on gitting one this year the price just went up from $550 to $599. Someone must of pulled the lawsuite out of the box. T Scott :D

bigmac
01-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I have seen the video and am planing on gitting one this year the price just went up from $550 to $599. Someone must of pulled the lawsuite out of the box. T Scott :DI just bought one at the Minneapolis boat show. $499 plus free shipping, plus free rope, plus free dvd. AFAIK, that deal's still good on the web site of the place that I bought it from.

It's somewhere in this thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6868&page=1&pp=10)

atlfootr
02-10-2006, 08:15 AM
We have the Sevylor Manta Ray Tube.
"The kids love it, is great fun". "We got it up about 10ft in the air :eek: then the kid jumped off
you need to keep a eye on the wind" Found this re:
The Manta Ray

The Manta Ray has an 11’ wingspan and specially designed body to allow an average-sized body to rise out of the water and hover in the air. Double hull construction, directional skegs, special footrests, an oversized backrest and a 2-position bridle give the rider control over the product. Depending on water and weather conditions, the skill and experience of the rider as well as the boat operator, the so-called “flight of the Manta Ray” can be extended over a long distance.
The Manta Ray is extremely safe and stable at low speed. It is much fun for 2 people or even small children. Product has a special towing provision to prevent hovering. Life jackets and helmets are always recommended. It takes approximately 23 mph moving against the wind for an average adult to hover and 28 mph with wind. Obviously this is subject to water and wind conditions and the skill of the rider and driver. All of this makes using the Manta Ray a great adventure and great fun.

The Sumo
WEAR IT! STEER IT! ROLL IT! JUMP IT! The Sumo Tube is a new, exciting, and challenging freestyle towable that is not connected to the boat. The rider slides into the Sumo suit and holds on to a grab handle on the end of a 60' rope. The rider can roll 360s from left to right, jump the wakes, steer left and right by moving their arms, or just glide across the water's surface. It's a fast and fun bodysurfing thrill ride. The Sumo Tube can also be used in the crashing waves as a body surfing tube. The Sumo tube is one chamber and inflates quickly.

Leroy
02-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Keep the camera rolling Bigmac! :D

I just bought one at the Minneapolis boat show. $499 plus free shipping, plus free rope, plus free dvd. AFAIK, that deal's still good on the web site of the place that I bought it from.

It's somewhere in this thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6868&page=1&pp=10)

beef
02-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Some of my "friends" got together and bought me one of the Sportstuff kite tubes for Christmas. Maybe they're trying to tell me something? It was delivered this week, but I don't plan on inflating it until Idjit's Weekend (April 1st). Can't wait to try it - it comes with two rope sections: one for learning, and one for gettin busted up.

Re: Sumo Tube - It hurts my rotator cuffs just looking at the picture :eek:

bigmac
02-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Keep the camera rolling Bigmac! :DThat Wego kite tube was delivered a couple of days ago. My son was contemplating inflating it and hauling out on the lake behind a snowmobile. So I hid it...

vegashomeexpert
02-10-2006, 08:10 PM
That Wego kite tube was delivered a couple of days ago. My son was contemplating inflating it and hauling out on the lake behind a snowmobile. So I hid it...
Wise move! :eek3:

erkoehler
02-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I expect pics and videos of the chaos next summer..... :D

Leroy
02-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I bet he has it out before the end of next week!

Tell him to take pics it he is going to sneak it out and ride it!

That Wego kite tube was delivered a couple of days ago. My son was contemplating inflating it and hauling out on the lake behind a snowmobile. So I hid it...

betsy&david Harrison
02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
anyone seen or been on one these......gotta get me one...

www.sportsstuff.com
Hi Siz,
People on the lake in front of mine have the one that looks something like the Stelth Bomber to me...It is blue I think. The thing flies above the houses and goes a good 1/4 mile before it has to land...due to the lake size. Looks like a hoot!