PDA

View Full Version : Latest and greatest glove

6ballsisall
01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Planning on getting a new pair of gloves this year but not sure what to buy. Was originally going to get a set of clinchers for longer endurance but several have recommended against. Can anyone give me a recommendation to the glove they prefer?

east tx skier
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I think HO has a new glove that's like clinchers, but has the strap incorporated into the glove. I'm sticking with my proskins for now.

rodltg2
01-19-2006, 07:17 PM
masterlines are good. i have a pair of clinchers, i like them but they scare me. they definatley ease arm fatigue. only thing is when your about to fall you have to open your palms and make sure the handle is clear.

skitilldark
01-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Planning on getting a new pair of gloves this year but not sure what to buy. Was originally going to get a set of clinchers for longer endurance but several have recommended against. Can anyone give me a recommendation to the glove they prefer?

I've tried clinchers and personally I think they are clunky and make your hands feel weird. I guess they were good for fatigue, but heck my legs and arms give out way before my hands. I have tried several sets of HO gloves and can't seem to find a pair that doesn't give me blisters.

rodltg2
01-19-2006, 07:23 PM
try glove liners. you may be buying gloves that are to big. if they are big they will bunch up and cause blisters

skitilldark
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
try glove liners. you may be buying gloves that are to big. if they are big they will bunch up and cause blisters

Where do you get glove liners? I don't remember seeing them in overtons

rodltg2
01-19-2006, 07:33 PM
pro shops should have them. i thnik overtons does too

skitilldark
01-19-2006, 07:37 PM
pro shops should have them. i thnik overtons does too

Thanks. I'm ordering some today.

M-Funf
01-19-2006, 08:15 PM
I don't know what all the fuss is about...I use the same gloves I use when I'm diggin' a hole in the yard ;)

MYMC
01-20-2006, 08:16 AM
H.O. Rossi Pro Model or the Pro Flex (new). I used one pair of the Rossi glove for the entire season...no rips, tears or failures of any kind. Also since they are not Kevlar they will not blister your hands so no need for liners.

Kevin 89MC
01-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I have Masterline I think. My sister & her husband and I all got them, along with a matching handle. Supposed to minimize slippage. Helps a little. I do wear glove liners if I'm skiing a lot. Instant blister if I forget to take off my wedding ring!

loeweb
01-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I ski cheap gloves, 2 sizes too small, and try to work my forearms a couple of months before hitting it hard. Great grip workout;

1. find a bar that is overhead and hang from it for a minute
2. rest one minute
3. repeat steps 1 and 2 again.
4. repeat again

a total of three hanging minutes. i usually can't hang for three minutes for at least a week. Like I said great for the grip, and very tought to complete.

Robert Averyt
01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
The best glove I have found for me is Straightlines swiss kevlar. Last year they came out with a xxl.

east tx skier
01-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks. I'm ordering some today.

Before you order them from a proshop, try Grainger. Same exact glove, but costs about $1.20 per pair. I'm not a fan of clinchers either. I hold the handle in my fingers and the strap connetcion point bugs me.

The liners gave me a different kind of rubbing, took some skin off, etc., but it wasn't painful and healed quickly.

Ric
01-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Before you order them from a proshop, try Grainger. Same exact glove, but costs about $1.20 per pair. I'm not a fan of clinchers either. I hold the handle in my fingers and the strap connetcion point bugs me.

The liners gave me a different kind of rubbing, took some skin off, etc., but it wasn't painful and healed quickly.
Grainger part # 1AJ44

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2006, 11:55 AM
I use this Connelly, I'd get them again if I can wear them out.