PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Boat show NO MASTERCRAFT????

ksmaristar91
01-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Just got home from the KC boatshow, no mastercrafts on display!!! Nautiques, malibu, supra, tige all on hand. When i asked the dealer that used to have mastercraft where was the goods, the salesman responded.....Mastercraft has taken a turn for the worse and we wont do business with them anymore. Well this is not good, for a owner who may need parts seeing as how i am only 20min from KC. Anyone know if another dealer in the works in the KC area??? KC is a large market with plenty of MC on the water, any ideas on why a no show at the boat show???

baedriver
01-15-2006, 08:25 PM
There is a dealer in Wichta, KS called called marine world.
www.marineworld.com Good Luck!
one in St. Louis. Driport marine
www.driport.com

badams
01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Just got home from the KC boatshow, no mastercrafts on display!!! Nautiques, malibu, supra, tige all on hand. When i asked the dealer that used to have mastercraft where was the goods, the salesman responded.....Mastercraft has taken a turn for the worse and we wont do business with them anymore. Well this is not good, for a owner who may need parts seeing as how i am only 20min from KC. Anyone know if another dealer in the works in the KC area??? KC is a large market with plenty of MC on the water, any ideas on why a no show at the boat show???

It sounds like the salesperson you spoke with was just trying to get you to buy one of their products. I've purchased two MC's from the dealer that has taken over the KC market. My first was a 2005 X45 and my most recent is a 2006 X2. The dealer is Westport Yacht Club from Lake of the Ozarks. They have been fantastic to deal with. Anytime I've ever needed anything they have been more than accomadating and will be a great addition to the boating market in KC. So don't worry if you need any parts or service in the future. They have gone above and beyond any expectation I could have had for a boat dealer. I talked to one of their reps and the show and was told that they brought 9 MC's to the show. The dealer that previously had the MC license in KC didn't sell enough boats so they lost the license. That dealer, Xtreme Marine, along with another dealer that tried to obtain a KC license, Sportsmans Outfitter (who also owns part of the KC Boat Show) wouldn't allow the new dealer to display the boats they brought to the show. Supposedly because the new official location wasn't open in time. Rumor has it there was a vote taken between all of the dealers at the show. The only two that voted against the MC's being shown were Xtreme Marine (the dealer that lost the license) and Sportsman's Outfitter (the dealer that owns part of the show). My understanding is that they will have the boats at the Overland Park show in 2 weeks though. If you are in the KC area and are and MC owner I would really recommend stopping by the OP show and meeting the new guys and girls from Westport.

ksmaristar91
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
This is great news to hear! I could not believe there were no boats, nice to hear why. I will be attending the overland park boat show to see the new ones. Thanks again for the insight.

jayocheskey
01-15-2006, 10:11 PM
....NO MASTERCRAFT??!! Then it wasn't a boat show.