PDA

View Full Version : get over wake size

rodltg2
01-15-2006, 12:54 AM
some you guys are taking wake size too far. all the boats approved for tournaments have good wakes. dont blame your crappy skiing on the wake.

bucky
01-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Okay, so what should I blame my crappy skiing on? :rolleyes:

Matt L.
01-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Crappy ski/board? That's what I always blame it on!

rodltg2
01-15-2006, 01:34 AM
i hate it when my crappy ski makes be crash on my offside

88 PS190
01-15-2006, 12:04 PM
i blame my crappy ankles that sprain themselves in offside turns

stevo137
01-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm more concerned about the 'bump" or "tail" than the wake. My worst falls happen there...

PendO
01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
some you guys are taking wake size too far. all the boats approved for tournaments have good wakes. dont blame your crappy skiing on the wake.

I must have missed a bunch of posts on this topic ... can someone shed some light?

I blame my crappy skiing on a general lack of talent and drive.

Rod, you gonna pull us all tubing with that big wake?

rodltg2
01-15-2006, 12:47 PM
pendo, im course skier on a private lake. i have a feeling your pulling tubes more than i am on lake pendoreille or cordelain

ski36short
01-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Regardless of the boat, you can always blame the driver! My opinion on the whole wake size (as measured in inches) is pretty irrelevant for slalom, at least among ski boats. Softness counts too and that isn't measured numerically.

jayocheskey
01-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Regardless of the boat, you can always blame the driver! My opinion on the whole wake size (as measured in inches) is pretty irrelevant for slalom, at least among ski boats. Softness counts too and that isn't measured numerically.

I always blame the driver. It's always his fault, NEVER mine.

east tx skier
01-15-2006, 10:52 PM
When we were kids, we'd blame the "cheater" which is what we used to call the wing.

Ric
01-15-2006, 11:37 PM
pendo, im course skier on a private lake. i have a feeling your pulling tubes more than i am on lake pendoreille or cordelain
rodl, be honest, you are hauling groceries, beers and also people back and forth from a houseboat to a marina so they can take a dump.

But at least it starts for you every time 8p

rodltg2
01-16-2006, 12:37 AM
rodl, be honest, you are hauling groceries, beers and also people back and forth from a houseboat to a marina so they can take a dump.

But at least it starts for you every time 8p

true , that occasionally occurs on the houseboat vacations.i apologize for my huge wake evrytime i go to the marina.. :D

Ric
01-16-2006, 08:53 AM
true , that occasionally occurs on the houseboat vacations.i apologize for my huge wake evrytime i go to the marina.. :D
and you're getting there much much faster too :rolleyes:

Byrdman
01-16-2006, 10:51 AM

Your just jealous because my "wake" is bigger than yours... :D

TonyB
01-16-2006, 11:31 AM

{{Blank Stare}}

Did someone not get there Cheerios this morning?

Long time lurker-infrequent poster here:

I guess I haven't seen/noticed all the *****ing and moaning that rodltg2 refers to. Obviously tho, it was so bad that it required its very own thread.

Thank you for that.

Caveat -- The above quote from rodltg2 may have been "tongue in cheek". If so, I apologize.

Ric
01-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Hell I'd probably start a thread on the babblyboo site IF some magazine said my prostar had a big wake too..........
No, not really, I wouldn't.

Thanks rodl.

Cloaked
01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
some you guys are taking wake size too far. all the boats approved for tournaments have good wakes. dont blame your crappy skiing on the wake.So who yanked yEr chain? :confused: :confused: :D

Here's one thing I have noticed about skill levels in general, and relative to your point.

Wakes, points in competetion, degrees of measured skills, and factors of success are all based on approved and accepted levels of performance and degrees of difficulties as a baseline for end-results and bragging rights, by AWSA and other affiliated organizations. For example, skiing at twenty-two off or thirty-two off doesn't mean crap unless one makes a clean pass on said course of relative marks. I don't even want to hear that peeps are skiing at some exagurate shortened rope length relative to the approved marks of performance. Open water is an entire another story for skiing. Hell I can skill at 63' off, one step behind the platform. Big deal.

Falling on wakes doesn't mean crapola either. Big wakes are for boards looking for heights. Small wakes are made for other purposes. Falling only means one is trying and learning or too many bNeers.... :guitar:

Be kind to your driver... Try skiing without one...

Hoosier Bob
01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
My old 74 CC had a very steep and hard wake but on edge I never noticed it. I was younger then so I could ski under the rooster tail. I live kneeboarding and don't mind a taller slalom wake so I can get a good pop at lower speeds. That being said my wake is more of a trail of bubbles than an actual wake. That is why I get friendly with fat people! Natural ballast, it is the only way to fly! :D
PS. Sporty is invisible again!

ski_500
01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
How is it that this thread died so quickly. ;)

C'mon share those good excuses for bad skiing... :D
When I was young the big wake was still a good excuse, as was inexperience, poor instruction, and worring about nuclear war.

Now that I'm "mature" the list is nearly endless.
How about arthritis, osteoporosis, chemical imbalance due-to over medication, GWOT, iron-poor blood, prescription drug benifits, etc...

The only thing there is no excuse for is not having FUN on the water. :dance:

... Happy Wednesday everyone!

Kevin 89MC
01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I was going to post a long thread about how my wake is worse than the '99 190 I also ski behind. But when it comes down to it, Rod is right, it ain't the boat, it's the skier. Gotta get some more lessons next year . . .tired of runnning the same pass in the course. D@mn, when is summer gonna get here?!

Ric
01-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I was going to post a long thread about how my wake is worse than the '99 190 I also ski behind. But when it comes down to it, Rod is right, it ain't the boat, it's the skier. Gotta get some more lessons next year . . .tired of runnning the same pass in the course. D@mn, when is summer gonna get here?!
BUT, while rodl is telling us to not use a particular boat brand's wake size as an excuse for our bad skiing, he IS in fact making an excuse for his chosen boat's wake size 8p

pilot02
01-18-2006, 11:54 AM
i hate it when my crappy ski makes be crash on my offside

Time to adjust you're crappy fin :smile:

Kevin 89MC
01-18-2006, 12:09 PM
BUT, while rodl is telling us to not use a particular boat brand's wake size as an excuse for our bad skiing, he IS in fact making an excuse for his chosen boat's wake size 8p
:purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh

rodltg2
01-18-2006, 03:15 PM

yes my wake is huge

jayocheskey
01-18-2006, 03:58 PM
yes my wake is huge

Oh, you guys. My 'wake' can be small or large. It just depends on what mood I'm in and who I'm with at the time.