PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Boat...lets have some fun

Jim@BAWS
01-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Had good sucess buying a couple of boats off Ebay.
But it is time to have some fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Mastercraft-X-2-Ski-and-Wakeboard-Boat_W0QQitemZ6597180912QQcategoryZ423QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

SPAM him or see what kind of stupid answers you get. No need to thread jack this one. I am sure all will be entertained

Jim@BAWS

erkoehler
01-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Are those IN reg. numbers on there?

SKI*MC
01-13-2006, 10:17 PM
I remember this boat on there a few months ago... i think i'll bid $550.. What a deal! :eek: :woohoo:

JohnnyB
01-13-2006, 11:07 PM
OK, I'm going to throw my dumb *$$ card on the table......what's up with this price? Did he forget the leading 2 or is he confident enough in the ensuing bidding war that he'll clear what he needs or no matter what it says in his ad, his reserve is much higher than the price he's advertising.....in any case, I guess he deserves some spam. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

milkmania
01-13-2006, 11:10 PM
it has been an ongoing scam, it'll get pulled soon

I'm beginning to think the guy is just trolling for valid e-mail accounts:mad:

link: search results (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=291182)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-13-2006, 11:14 PM
it has been an ongoing scam, it'll get pulled soon

I'm beginning to think the guy is just trolling for valid e-mail accounts:mad:

link: search results (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=291182)
Is THAT what they are doing. I have been trying to figure out what's with all the JUNK ads on there. Just another reason not to use Fleabay.

milkmania
01-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Is THAT what they are doing. I have been trying to figure out what's with all the JUNK ads on there. Just another reason not to use Fleabay.

my search results were not a very good indication of this guy's constant listing of boats.....some of the guys asked questions, and tried to get him to commit to a physical viewing of the boats with varied results.

but anyway, let's say you had something listed that was too good to be true, and you were running a spam business:rolleyes:, you could be just sitting back and have valid e-mail accounts come to you.
I have always heard to simply delete unsolicited spam from your e-mail inbox, instead of telling them to stop mailing you.....once you reply, that's indicates a valid account.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-13-2006, 11:18 PM
i will sell to the first one that makes a $ 2,950 deposit . contact me for details : igotnewz4u2@hotmail.com i warranty a smooth deal !
Hmmm... deposit eay?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-13-2006, 11:20 PM
my search results were not a very good indication of this guy's constant listing of boats.....some of the guys asked questions, and tried to get him to commit to a physical viewing of the boats with varied results.

but anyway, let's say you had something listed that was too good to be true, and you were running a spam business:rolleyes:, you could be just sitting back and have valid e-mail accounts come to you.
I have always heard to simply delete unsolicited spam from your e-mail inbox, instead of telling them to stop mailing you.....once you reply, that's indicates a valid account.
Isn't that what Spam filters are for that supposedly come with the services we pay for internet access?
I get flooded with them still, Spam folder fills up often. I thought that was now illegal.

milkmania
01-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm going to stop derailing Jim's thread and make one about my idea to stop spam....look for it in the off topic section;)

James O'Keefe
01-14-2006, 08:34 AM
I got a response from him...

Dear Sir ,

First I would like to tell you that I am in Italy and the boat is in Square
Trade's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because
the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father
in law .The Buy it now price is $5,900 . I will sell the boat to the first
one that makes a 2,950 $ deposit through Square Trade .
To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer
that will arange the Square Trade deposit payment . If you are able to make
the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .

Terms,Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment.
The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The
boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with
eBay Square Trade to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from
the warehouse to your address .

For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade as a third
party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it
to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to
buy the boat :

Laticia Candelaria
58 Via la Spezia
Rome 00132
Italy

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from
Square Trade with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to
your address.
REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If
the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer
fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence.
Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very
first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my
trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

Laticia Candelaria

T Scott
01-14-2006, 08:42 AM
I just emailed him with a header "I'll take it". I wen t on to tell him that I will overnight a cashiers check for the Buy it Now price of $5900. We'll see if I get the same response as above.......

This guy has been at it for some time. I sent him an email several months ago and told him that shipping a boat to Europe would cost him 2k-3k and that he could sell the boat over there for 35k +. I wen ton to ask him why he would leave so much money on the table. I never heard back from him.....

Jim@BAWS
01-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from
ltcande through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to
this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member
through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside
of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the
other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential
fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email
you received from this member.

Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for
any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money
or your item if you complete these transactions. We would encourage you to review
the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information
on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to
this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,

Trust & Safety Department

Leroy
01-14-2006, 09:38 AM
It's been pulled!

Hoosier Bob
01-14-2006, 09:53 AM
I ran across the same thing a few months back. The listing said it was in Indiana. I asked if I could bring a cashiers check to the location. The response then said in England but the item is at an Ebay location in California. I could send him the cash and he would make sure I received the item. I would like to send him a bullet! :D Oh yeah you have to like the explanation which is the same on all of these adds. I am an idiot and it would cost too much to ship! The item is about 80-90% off because I will have to ship and it is cheaper to lose my a**!
Ebay is pretty quick to get rid of these but should take legal action. :D

erkoehler
03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Mastercraft-Prostar-205-w-monster-wakeboard-tower_W0QQitemZ6617918182QQcategoryZ4150QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Hey, here is a great chance to have some fun......

Leroy
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
The funny thing is he also has a backhoe for sale under the same type of ad.