PDA

View Full Version : The Office

LakePirate
01-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Do any of you guys watch the office?
The episode on last night made me laugh out loud more than any network television show I have ever seen. The wife almost wet her pants she was laughing so hard.

Dwight drives a camaro.

Davo
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
The show's a hair dry for my tastes, but last night's episode was damn funny.

I'm gonna watch this show tonight called "Book of Daniel" for the first time - some friends said it was pretty funny.

Oh and definitely checking out 40 y.o. virgin after the comments on the Wedding Crashers thread...I don't see how a movie could be any funnier than that one though!

LakePirate
01-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I thought it was dry when they ran it last summer as well. However, as you watch it more they do more character development and it gets funnier and funnier.

east tx skier
01-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Last night was my first episode to watch (on a friend's advice). Awesome!

I need to rent the British version on dvd.

jayocheskey
01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Is that the show with the guy from "40 Year-Old Virgin" and "Anchorman" What is his name? He is flippin' hillarious.

LakePirate
01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Steve Carrell

That is him

Davo
01-13-2006, 12:57 PM
I guess I've only watched a few episodes at most.

I just figured out last night (when they were getting on the elevator) that the show is being filmed through the eyes of a cameraman...like they're doing a documentary on him and his office.

No wonder the characters keep glancing at the camera.

jayocheskey
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I've seen 1 episode. These are even better if you've ever worked in an office setting. I started relating characters to co-workers.

jkski
01-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Watched it for the first time last night and it was great. Between Dwight falling all over himself to get in with the boss and then the final scene where he was having a CT scan done and the boss tried to put his leg in the machine...it was killing me!

Kevin 89MC
01-16-2006, 11:52 AM
My wife got into it, and now I'm hooked. It takes a few episodes (at least for me). The episode on the boat for a motivational cruise was hilarious! Last week's was good too.

ETS, I also heard that there is a british version - is it same concept with different cast, or is it the same show edited differently?

Ryan
01-16-2006, 06:19 PM
My wife got into it, and now I'm hooked. It takes a few episodes (at least for me). The episode on the boat for a motivational cruise was hilarious! Last week's was good too.

ETS, I also heard that there is a british version - is it same concept with different cast, or is it the same show edited differently?

Not only is it the same concept, it had a similar story line (sales office threatned closure), and even some script is the same. I started with the Brit version (only 2 seasons I believe) and had a hard time with the first few episodes of the NBC version after growing fond of the original actors. I've been hooked on the NBC version for good now.

Last week was a great week to start watching. It's tied with the White Elephant party as best for me. The basketball tournament was pretty great too though.

sizzler
01-17-2006, 02:37 AM
you MUST,MUST.watch the original english version....when it first aired about 3-4 yrs ago people thought it was a proper documentary.....it is so toe-curlingly embarrassing it makes you squirm away.......

watch it :friday:

Kevin 89MC
01-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Did anybody tape it last night? I was in charge, and forgot! The wife is kinda pissed :eek:
If anyone did, can ya help a brotha out? If you UPS me the tape I'll return it ASAP and throw in a yuppie food stamp to make it worth your while.
Thanks!

Nevermind, someone at work just started watching it, and she TIVO'd it last night! :woohoo:
I'm saved! Out of the doghouse! :headbang:

Ryan
01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I could have sent you a DVD, but we watched it around 10:30 last night and deleted it. Do they do PodCasts?

Kevin 89MC
01-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh no! The person who thought they had it on tape, didn't! Anyone get it recorded? Previous offer still stands!

LakePirate
01-23-2006, 10:16 AM
If you get it let me know....the TiVo didn't get the order to record it in time....Not happy about that.