PDA

View Full Version : curious pt.2

twieder
01-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Just wondering what you consider to be the best wakeboard boat? Based on your own experiances please.I've got a 2k x-star and love it!It's a great all around rig, but a buddie just got an'05 X-80...what a machine that is!I can't wait to try it come spring...anyone...

Workin' 4 Toys
01-13-2006, 09:57 AM
I have to ask, where in OHIO can you take an X80?
And you are in for a ride of your life when you hit those title waves they call a wake!
Back to your question, I have asked that question of owners I see out on the lakes. The New X-star or New X10 seem to be the majority of the answers I got last year. Not my personnal experience, but I was asking that same question.

the legend
01-13-2006, 10:12 AM
The boat you have is my favorite wakeboard boat, I use it every year as my demo.(I choose it over the X-Star)The new X-2 might be the latest and greatest, but you have a great boat. If you feel that you are near a Pro level in wakeboarding, then you might want the X-Star.

Foiler
01-13-2006, 11:27 AM
I love the (old X-star)-X2 wakes, you just can't beat the shape of the wake. I rode behind the (new) X-star a few times and loved it, I had to slow all of my wake tricks down because of the extra air you get...simply amazing.

I rode behind the X-45 and figured bigger was better but couldn't get near the air I did behind the X-star. You don't see any pro tours featuring the X-45 or X-80 but they suit some families needs just fine.

I love the X-star wake but feeding it with gas along with having a suitable vehicle to pull it, I'd have to agree with The Legend. You have a great boat!

This is just my opinion, it also depends on what kind of water sports your family enjoys.

twieder
01-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I have to ask, where in OHIO can you take an X80?
And you are in for a ride of your life when you hit those title waves they call a wake!
Back to your question, I have asked that question of owners I see out on the lakes. The New X-star or New X10 seem to be the majority of the answers I got last year. Not my personnal experience, but I was asking that same question.
He got a good deal on it(bank repo)and is planning on running it on the Maumee river and or Lake Erie at Toledo. Where we are at on the river usually runs 6to 8 ft. in summer(low waterlevel) with some deeper areas in the middle.

88 PS190
01-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I talked to this guy who was driving an X80 up on Elk Lake in MI, now our local lakes are very large, elk is 8 miles long two across, torch is 18 miles long and up to 3 wide and connects to ours, and we have connection to lake Michigan if you trailer 500 yards and relaunch.

The guy w/ the boat owns a mastercraft dealership in traverse city, but was of the opinion that the smaller boats were better, despite having a very large wake the wakes are a bit wide, and while it boards well, he wouldn't be cruising it if not for the number of people he had w/ him.

Must be nice to own the dealership and demo whatever you want.

Of course w/ an X80 you're gonna need a new truck.