PDA

View Full Version : wakeside.com

rodltg2
01-12-2006, 12:41 PM
anyone buy anyhting from them. i need to buy a bimini top for skylon tower . do they have good prices etc....??

BrianM
01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I think they are good people. Prices are pretty good on most stuff plus you earn points (dollars) on everything you buy to use next time you buy something from them. You didn't here it from me but they 'helped' me get a great deal for a few people on props once. ;) Give them a shot.

BriEOD
01-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Is that Ryan's site or am I mistaken?

rodltg2
01-12-2006, 01:06 PM
i dont want to add a solid color bimini rather one with some pattern or stripes. i know you guys hate the bu's but any help would be appreciated. i dont really know where to start . its hard to picture it in my head without seeing examples. if anyone is kind enough to help i can email a pic of the boat.

erkoehler
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I think they are good people. Prices are pretty good on most stuff plus you earn points (dollars) on everything you buy to use next time you buy something from them. You didn't here it from me but they 'helped' me get a great deal for a few people on props once. ;) Give them a shot.

They are awesome over there, helped a bunch of people out w/ heaters and showers also. :banana:

BrianM
01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
They are awesome over there, helped a bunch of people out w/ heaters and showers also. :banana:

I forgot about that one. I got the ball rolling on that then the hurricane hit and I missed out on my own deal. :(

Farmer Ted
01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
wasn't the place that did the?

Jim@BAWS
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Whats the matter with you LOCAL BU dealer? Can't he help you out?
No custom work available there?

Jim@BAWS

i dont want to add a solid color bimini rather one with some pattern or stripes. i know you guys hate the bu's but any help would be appreciated. i dont really know where to start . its hard to picture it in my head without seeing examples. if anyone is kind enough to help i can email a pic of the boat.

BrianM
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Try http://www.johnsonbimini.com/ Everyone says they make awsome tops but they are expensive. Will do any custom pattern you want. Supposedly the Tower Biminis are better if you have a tower though. They can probably do patterns if you want too. Give Wakeside a call. They will be glad to help you out.

BrianM
01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
wasn't wakeside.com the place that did the ACME group buy?

Shhhhhhhh!!! I never sed G**** B** I said helped me get some people a deal.

Diesel
01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Is that Ryan's site or am I mistaken?

Ryan who??

I have bought many, many things from Wakeside, from $5 to $1500 and have nothing but good things to say about my experiences. Points are great and reviews help you earn extra bucks toward other purchases. All my stuff was shipped same day and the one small issue I had with a product (mfg screw up) was corrected same day through email and sent out overnight......including many apologies even though they had nothing to do with mix up.

Keep it up wakeside!! ;)

rodltg2
01-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Whats the matter with you LOCAL BU dealer? Can't he help you out?
No custom work available there?

Jim@BAWS

im sure they could ( by the way they are also the mc dealer ) i just thought i could save some bucks if i ordered online. pattern designg
i dont know if they would be any help or not. i figure you guys would be better since your true life watersports enthusiasts. plus i can do it fomr work andf not spend time driving over there.

rodltg2
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
what do you guys think of this one.

RackAtak
01-12-2006, 01:51 PM
I believe you can order from Johnson online. They do patterns and have every color of Sunbrella fabric. They are right down the road from me. I am in Sacramento every other month the next time being Feb 23rd. I would be happy to pick it up and meet you in Sacramento to deliver it if you want. We always stay at the Hyatt near the Capitol.

kpickett
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
When I got my bimini this summer, I researched all the online options. Then I went to my local canvas place, and he gave me a better price and better looking top than I could find online. Here's a pic - I got a three panel, but he would have made me a five panel if I wanted it. It is worth checking out the local guys. My guy is in Redding, which is a little drive for you, but let me know if you want the name.

east tx skier
01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
BTW, I believe Ryan's site is www.wakesiderides.com. No idea if it's affiliated or not.

erkoehler
01-12-2006, 02:09 PM
what do you guys think of this one.

For your bu? I think it should have some blue in it no????

rodltg2
01-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I believe you can order from Johnson online. They do patterns and have every color of Sunbrella fabric. They are right down the road from me. I am in Sacramento every other month the next time being Feb 23rd. I would be happy to pick it up and meet you in Sacramento to deliver it if you want. We always stay at the Hyatt near the Capitol.

thanks , i called johnson and its the same price for three colors as wakesides for one color .they are sending me fabric samples so i can match the colors too. that would be great if you brough it up to me. !!

randerson165
01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
wakeside.com is Active Watersports out of Portland Oregon! They have been the goto ski/board/etc shop in Oregon for as long as I know! They are great people and even though I have not purchased directly online with wakeside.com, I would have no problem doing so in the future. Plus I've heard awesome things about the reward points program.

RackAtak
01-12-2006, 03:16 PM
thanks , i called johnson and its the same price for three colors as wakesides for one color .they are sending me fabric samples so i can match the colors too. that would be great if you brough it up to me. !!
Happy to do it. If you end up purchasing from Johnson IM me and I'll give you my contact info.

rodltg2
01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
wakeside has the template for my boat for the bimini but is $55 more than johnson bimini who needs me to tow my boat 2 hours to measure. which bimni is better?

robisjo
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Rod, there is a place out of Tracy, CA called Bimini Isle. My buddy got one from them for his Air Nautique. It turned out really nice and I think they are comparable to johnson in price. I looked into Johnson and I am going to go with these guys this summer and pruchase a new one. I looked up their website and couldn't seem to find it. I put in a call but only got voice mail so. Here is their phone number 209-832-0793. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Ryan
01-25-2006, 12:48 AM
BTW, I believe Ryan's site is www.wakesiderides.com. No idea if it's affiliated or not.

Good memory.
Both Wakeside.com and Wakesiderides.com are affiliated. There is a click-through to shop from the forum site. Unfortunately, they are not my sites. I did some work for them and used to have the link in my signature. Free shipping on most products and the reward program are very worth while. I highly recomend them.

erkoehler
01-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Good memory.
Both Wakeside.com and Wakesiderides.com are affiliated. There is a click-through to shop from the forum site. Unfortunately, they are not my sites. I did some work for them and used to have the link in my signature. Free shipping on most products and the reward program are very worth while. I highly recomend them.

How do you see how many reward points you have?

erkoehler
01-25-2006, 01:03 AM
answered my own question....looks like I have some shopping to do :D

Ryan
01-25-2006, 01:13 AM
How do you see how many reward points you have?

From wakeside.com select Account from the top right.

erkoehler
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks, I have a bit of money to spend now :D

I was thinking about ordering that adapter for the heat so that you get warm air at idle speed. However, I don't know the size of the hose on my boat....looks like a new thread! Milk, where you at?

jayocheskey
01-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Great website, speedy delivery. They offer all kinds of great products too.

rodltg2
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM
well i ended up using johnson bimini after all. they sent me fabric samples to match up and went out of there way to find the same boat and tower set up as mine to measure, so i felt i owed them my business. thanks for all the advice and rackattak for offering to bring it up.

rodltg2
01-27-2006, 01:25 PM
johnson bimini is fast, called me this morning and my bimini is done.