PDA

View Full Version : Is MasterCraft still Sponser of X games? (jim@Baws look at this)

Stritt
01-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Curious......

The new Supra Dealer in Naples, Fl has this posted:

20' LAUNCH THE SUPRA SSV. We are are the newest florida dealer for Supra boats the premium ski and wake board boats. Official tow of the X games and the Gravity games.Ware just geting stock and want to sell boats lots of them. we will be at the Ft Myers boat show the 10 th thru the 13 th. we want to get the deal done so call us and come. call Ken or email me.

http://www.gulfshoresmarina.com/testframe.htm

Jim@ BAWS....just thought you'd like to see what you will be up against.

MYMC
01-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Nothing has changed as far as we know. The X-Star still says "official tow boat of the X-Games", we as dealers have not been told anything differently and neither has our resident X-Games champion.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I think they were at one point, I wonder how long they can wear the tags?

Jim@BAWS
01-12-2006, 10:45 AM
35th.
Thanks for the HEADS UP ! Where did you see that posted?
X-Games...interesting to say the least. Maybe he is serious about thinking that SUPRA pulls the X-GAMES. MYMC could correct me Moomba had a sub-sponsership the last 2 years in some event.

If this dealer thinks that the SUPRA is the offical towboat...then maybe also MasterCrafts are all JETDRIVE boats...

I have a guy set up down there in Ft. Myers Todd Collins TCS Wake, Surf and Ski. He is very intrenched in the wakeboarding scene down there. He will keep us inline down there.

The NEW X-1 at $39995 boat motor and trailer. I still cannot compete
price wise with Moomba...and I don't want to.

Thanks again for the heads up...let me knwo what you find out

Jim@BAWS

Curious......

The new Supra Dealer in Naples, Fl has this posted:

20' LAUNCH THE SUPRA SSV. We are are the newest florida dealer for Supra boats the premium ski and wake board boats. Official tow of the X games and the Gravity games.Ware just geting stock and want to sell boats lots of them. we will be at the Ft Myers boat show the 10 th thru the 13 th. we want to get the deal done so call us and come. call Ken or email me.

http://www.gulfshoresmarina.com/testframe.htm

Jim@ BAWS....just thought you'd like to see what you will be up against.

MYMC
01-12-2006, 11:02 AM
MYMC could correct me Moomba had a sub-sponsership the last 2 years in some event.

I seem to remember something along those lines; however, I can find no history or mention of it.

MasterCraft passed (thankfully) on the Gravity sponsorship when Toyota left the inboard market. The Gravity Games have always been a "red headed step child" to X-Games. Once NBC sold the rights to Gravity it has been fractionalized to what it is now...

X-Games = MasterCraft
Gravity Games = Supra/Moomba (half the content and half the resale)

Stritt
01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't think that was the case....again just curious..

As you can see the info was inbedded in an add in the boat inventory pages of their web-site...Long story on how I got there...

In the news today is an article http://www.wftv.com/news/6014257/detail.html on a couple found murdered in Ft. Myers, he worked for an outfit called Sun Sports Cycle and WaterCraft...the name seems familiar...so I started by doing a dealer search on MasterCraft and Supra by zip code.........that lead me to see a new Supra Dealer in Naples.....which made me curious because no mention was made on the main webpage...so I went to the inventory section and read the ad....then I figured something changed (highly doubtful) or you (Jim@BAWS) have a new dealer that doesnt know what they are talking about....

Obviously, to much coffee and time this morning.

rodltg2
01-14-2006, 02:55 PM
35th.
Thanks for the HEADS UP ! Where did you see that posted?
X-Games...interesting to say the least. Maybe he is serious about thinking that SUPRA pulls the X-GAMES. MYMC could correct me Moomba had a sub-sponsership the last 2 years in some event.

If this dealer thinks that the SUPRA is the offical towboat...then maybe also MasterCrafts are all JETDRIVE boats...

I have a guy set up down there in Ft. Myers Todd Collins TCS Wake, Surf and Ski. He is very intrenched in the wakeboarding scene down there. He will keep us inline down there.

The NEW X-1 at $39995 boat motor and trailer. I still cannot compete
price wise with Moomba...and I don't want to.

Thanks again for the heads up...let me knwo what you find out

Jim@BAWS

what makes the x-1 different from a 2004 x2. i my buddy can a new one for close to the same price , he would be better off. i think.

PendO
01-14-2006, 10:23 PM
what makes the x-1 different from a 2004 x2. i my buddy can a new one for close to the same price , he would be better off. i think.

I suppose the one would be Drive By Wire, and also a slightly different tower?