PDA

View Full Version : Got 12 minutes?

MYMC
01-12-2006, 09:22 AM
O'Reilly VS Letterman (http://www.billoreilly.com/preview/mediaurl?mediaType=400&RET=%2Fsite%2Fpreview%3Fpid%3D3683&firstTime=true&ACTION%28submitURL%29.x=46&ACTION%28submitURL%29.y=9)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Winter solstice..........?:mad:

This stuff makes me sick!!!!

What is this country coming too..... Politically correctness stinks to put it lightly.......

TonyB
01-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Sheesh! That was two minutes I'll never get back.

Two talking heads; both owned by the entertainment industry.

RexDog1
01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
:rant: I just do not understand :rant:

quincyfirefighter
01-12-2006, 10:07 AM
This stuff makes my blood boil. I believe in God but don't go to church. I try to live my life treating other as I would want to be treated. Guess that doesn't make me politically correct. :firejump:

twieder
01-12-2006, 10:36 AM
This is the kind of stuff that makes the rest of the world hate the good old USA.The sic thing is, some of this crapola actually makes it into our courts!Someone sent a letter to the editor in one of my local papers asking how many of these "offended people" were gona refuse or give back their holiday pay,bonus, or what ever they get from an employer because it was for CHRISTMAS!!!Seems to me most of these putzes just want their cake AND to eat it too!! :: :rant: :twocents: :rant:

Cloaked
01-12-2006, 11:00 AM
God rules. Take it or leave it. I made my eternal choice. :guitar:

Don't make me jack this thread... LOL.... :D

vegashomeexpert
01-12-2006, 11:06 AM
I could only make it through 3 minutes 10 seconds before the pointer finger on my right hand uncontrollaby twitched. The screen came back to this. Must have been a sign...

Scot
01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
O'Reilly nailed it..... Letterman was no match. Letterman gets backed into a corner and all he can say is " I think that 60% of what you say is crap"! Based on what? What he has read and been told? By who? Sean Penn? Babs? Ny Times? It goes to show you that the elite entertainment media is NOTHING without their writers! They can hardly phrase a sentence unless it is scripted. BTW, since O'reilly gave Dan Rather a pass, he is no better than the NY Times or CNN...IMO

PendO
01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
O'Reilly VS Letterman (http://www.billoreilly.com/preview/mediaurl?mediaType=400&RET=%2Fsite%2Fpreview%3Fpid%3D3683&firstTime=true&ACTION%28submitURL%29.x=46&ACTION%28submitURL%29.y=9)

nice link, Letterman should stick to jokes:)

TonyB
01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
O'Reilly nailed it..... Letterman was no match. Letterman gets backed into a corner and all he can say is " I think that 60% of what you say is crap"! Based on what? What he has read and been told? By who? Sean Penn? Babs? Ny Times? It goes to show you that the elite entertainment media is NOTHING without their writers! They can hardly phrase a sentence unless it is scripted. BTW, since O'reilly gave Dan Rather a pass, he is no better than the NY Times or CNN...IMO

If you believe that O'Reilly is anything other than "entertainment media" then you aren't listening or seeing beyond the high decibel rhetoric.

So much of this stuff reminds me of Professional Wrestling - a lot of posturing, shrill diatribes, showmanship, with no real substance.

My $.02

Sodar
01-13-2006, 12:38 AM
I agree both of these two "entertainers" have the all mighty buck in their heads. Needless to say, they do bring out some issues that need to be addressed. My personal, deep down opinion is that the reason why there are so many things being claimed as politically incorrect is because we only hear those who have something to gain by political correstness, we hear very little or nothing at all from those who are losing priviledges through politically correct statements and actions.

Just my 2 cents!

east tx skier
01-13-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm with you guys. I see it as just about stirring up controversey for controversey's sake. That, in turn, sells books, satin jackets, and ad time. I'll get by without it.

Ric
01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the link Mymc, I'd heard about it but not "heard" it

I wondered when watching it if the crowd was given applause lights or applause coaches for letterman's more or less sour comments?

In Hoc Mr Letterman
I'm no o'reilly fan but-- Dave you showed up weak on that clip.

As far as writers go, wasnt letterman teamed with lenno as a writers for good times wayyy back when?

east tx skier
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
In hoc bula bula.

Speaking of Letterman writers (sort of). A guy who went to my high school and graduated a year before my sister was a writer for Letterman back in the old days. He created and portrayed a character called "Flunky the Clown." He was later a writer for the Simpsons probably around seasons 3--5 or so.

Came back to our school and spoke at an assembly. I probably haven't laughed as hard since.

His name is Jeff Martin.