PDA

View Full Version : Comfortable Wakeboard Bindings? HELP!!!

RackAtak
01-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Last year I bought a Hyperlite wakeboard and binding package from Wakeside.com. The Hyperlite Spin bindings that I have make my feet feel like they are in a vise. They ache after about 5 minutes and yes they are the right size according to my shoe size. I am a 43 year old :eek: beginner and I know I won't improve unless I give my feet some relief!!! Any recommendations for comfortable bindings???

vegashomeexpert
01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Last year I bought a Hyperlite wakeboard and binding package from Wakeside.com. The Hyperlite Spin bindings that I have make my feet feel like they are in a vise. They ache after about 5 minutes and yes they are the right size according to my shoe size. I am a 43 year old :eek: beginner and I know I won't improve unless I give my feet some relief!!! Any recommendations for comfortable bindings???
I am a 44 year old beginner so I truly feel your pain! I, however, got some very comfortable boots this past fall, and I think they are Hyperlite Byerly's. Use a cable "boa" system to tighten the boot. Tons of support and extremely comfortable. Wish I could find snow ski boots like this! Best of luck!

RackAtak
01-12-2006, 12:21 AM
How did you size the bindings in relation to your shoe size? Did you go the same size or larger?

vegashomeexpert
01-12-2006, 12:27 AM
The size is M/L for the bindings. My foot size is 9-9.5. If anything, these bindings may be a tad large, but with the boa system, you can make them as snug as you want.

twieder
01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
We have Parks Bindings, but I wear size 11 and my kid is a 12 and half. I am comfey but alittle snug for the kid. The bindings are sized upto 13 I think.

SteveO
01-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I have the Liquid force Alpha that are great. You might be able to find some 2005 at a great price at the boat shows or online.

vogelm1
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
I've got a 10.5 shoe size and use the Large Hyperlite Murray. It too has the 'boa' system so you can custom adjust for just the right feel. I could ride all day - they are very comfortable. The down side is they are a high end binding with a price to match...since many manufacturers come out with a 'new and improved' model each year hopefully you could find the '05 model at a good price. Have fun and good luck in your quest.

Hoosier Bob
01-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I am size 10.5 and have Parks large. Wow! I can't do crap but man are they comfortable. My face always seems to hurt a lot more than my feet! :D

RackAtak
01-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the input. I think I am leaning towards the Byerly's. I have found 2005 models for less than $175.00 delivered.

jayocheskey
01-13-2006, 11:46 AM
I have ridden in Hyperlite Spin, Liquid Force Exo Suc and Liquid Force Ultra Sucs. The Liquid Force bindings are way more confortable and secure than the Hyperlite Spins. The Exo Sucs feature a rear lace as opposed to the front lace system used in the HL Spins: it is much more sturdy and fitting to your foot.

SKI*MC
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Liquid Force Limited Team Bindings! Or the transits

Maristar210
01-15-2006, 05:12 PM

I had the exact same issues with the exact same bindings. After the board was stolen I replaced them the Parks board and LF Sphinx Binding. They are the XL and fit extremely well. They are expensive but I do not have any more ankle / foot pain like you mentioned. They look like Snowboard boots but they are fantastic..

Steve

RexDog1
01-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Find a good pro shop
And try on as many bindings as you can
Find a Pr. That YOU feel convertible with
I have CWB Zeus Bindings yes that are pricey
But they are the best bindings I have ever had on my feet :twocents:

tommcat
01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
the LF line up is the most comfortable out there. for a beginner i'd go with the Alpha. good prices out there on 05 leftovers and they dont come any more comfy. the transits are a little stiffer but same comfort and the teams are the stiffest.
i picked up the 05 transits last year and they feel just like my airwalk snowboard boots

Leroy
03-10-2006, 05:49 PM
REviews on Wakeside are on the negative side also. Just looking at them I would have guessed great boot!

SKI*MC
03-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I love my 05 team Bindings! They are really combfortable. They are a little stiff, but ten times better than my old Hyerlite 60/30's. ( i think they are called, i just had a brain fart...)

X-45
03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I am a 44 year old beginner so I truly feel your pain! I, however, got some very comfortable boots this past fall, and I think they are Hyperlite Byerly's. Use a cable "boa" system to tighten the boot. Tons of support and extremely comfortable. Wish I could find snow ski boots like this! Best of luck!

Hello my name is X-45 and I'm a 45 year old beginner. Oh sorry, wrong group. I've got the Hyperlite TDF with Hyperlite Beyerly's also. Size 12 shoe and the bindings are XXLarge. They hold my foot very well. On the other hand, slalom ski HO Extreme TRX with Large bindings, one pass and Iím done.

thornappleWB
03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree that the Byerly's are the most comfortable wakeboard bindings. I have 2004's but the new '06s look like they may be a little more restricting.

Leroy
03-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Hello, my name is Leroy and I'm a 45 yr old beginner also. On 142 Hyperlite 142 project with Hyperlite Moonboots (~5yrs old) Get lace ups! I hope to have Bob's old boots this summer, lace ups!

jlf
03-13-2006, 09:31 AM
I had the Hyperlite Byerly bindings and I didn't care for the Boa system, I found that they loosened up on me all the time. I sold them and went with the Parks bindings and I love them. They are more comfortable and they fit snug and hold me well. I like the extra support in the heals to help hold you in. I agree with Rexdog go to a pro shop and try them on, see what you like.

kalanic
03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
I have the same Murray Bindings. They are caddilac! Very comfy!

baedriver
03-15-2006, 11:07 PM
I have the 05 ultras on my omega and I feel like my feet are in a vice. I have the old hyperlite moon boots (i think that is what they are) and until i find ones i like i will use these bindings.

If anyone wants these ultras let me know they are for sale.

LakePirate
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Has anyone ever tried the Wiley wakeboard boots?

The boots I have on my piece are junk and my toes go numb after about 30 seconds.

I rode a neighbors board last summer and his xxl boots were comfy but I didn't like all the laces flapping around.

RackAtak
03-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I ended up with the 2005 Hyperlite Byerly. Found them on e-bay brand new in the box for $159.99.

kalanic
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeo found my Murray's on ebay too. I think I paid $175. Seen em at the Sac boat show for $289 last weekend.