PDA

View Full Version : How desperate

loeweb
01-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Ok so I love my satellite (Dish network) right, but a couple of nights ago i finally got a chance to watch R and R when the water channel was on. Much to my dismay they were showing the IPBA (International Power Boating Association) championships. Not something I personally would watch but not a big deal. In the five minutes that I was watching, I realized it was from 2001 making it five years old. now I know that it is hard to find watersports highlights but come on. I told my wife we were probably 2 of 5 people that actually saw that program. Is it me or is this just about the stupidest thing you have ever heard of. I remember as a kid watching waterskiing on ESPN before football games, and that wasn't that long ago.

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 05:26 PM
If you haven't, take 5 minutes and click the link on dishnetwork.com to email its president. Tell him you're tired of them pulling channels like OLN using cost as an excuse, while raising your rate regardless. Don't hesitate to mention that if they're looking to trim the fat, they can start with the channel running 5 yr old powerboating races.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
I'd watch it if it was current. But I wouldn't pay for it.;)

loeweb
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
thanks for the advice, just tried it but don't have my number handy cause im at work. I guess im just tired of being told of all the great channels you get, when in all actuality you only watch 30 maybe.

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 05:34 PM
There's a link to email on the website. They actually do respond. I pitched an ever-loving e-fit when they yanked Comedy Central for a couple of days a year or so ago. Had that become permenant, I'd have gone to Direct TV in a heartbeat. As much as I miss OLN when the skiing's on, most of the time, I'd coast on by it.

rodltg2
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
OLN is gone from dish?

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Yup. But on the plus side, so is Lifetime.

rodltg2
01-10-2006, 06:23 PM
unforntunalty not wihtout adding WE.

Ryan
01-10-2006, 06:48 PM
When I start my own cable/content company, I will offer a basic set of channels and then go al a carte, channel by channel from there. Say $0.50 - $0.89 per channel per month. Or at most by network family, like Discovery, MTV etc... All I ever watch is what I have set on my favorites and flip through those if I have time after flipping through my recorded list. Advertisers could be sure to target more refined groups of viewers.

Rockman
01-10-2006, 07:57 PM
OLN is gone from dish?

When did this happen? I was surfing through that last night!? :confused:

loeweb
01-11-2006, 12:57 PM
When I start my own cable/content company, I will offer a basic set of channels and then go al a carte, channel by channel from there. Say $0.50 - $0.89 per channel per month. Or at most by network family, like Discovery, MTV etc... All I ever watch is what I have set on my favorites and flip through those if I have time after flipping through my recorded list. Advertisers could be sure to target more refined groups of viewers.

I'm the same way. why not let us choose what we want. There is no way I personally need 18,000 shopping channels, or even 2,000 classic jazz and rap channels. Seriously, let us decide what we want, so we don't have to pay for all the crappy extras that I have never even stopped on. :twocents:

jimmer2880
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
He!! yea! I'd pay the same amount of $$$'s for 1/4 the channels IF I got to decide which channels they were.