PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Gardens Event April 21-23

Byrdman
01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Cypress Gardens and Proaction Sports are putting on a Hydrofoil, Wakeboarding, and Long Dive Tournament. I plan on being out there with my MC. Does anyone want to join in?

Here is some additional info...

http://www.proactionsportsllc.com/

If anyone needs help w/ accomodations and logistics, feel free to ask.

Jim@BAWS
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Hope to see ALOT of MasterCrafts lining the Gardens that weekend.
Geno Yauchler is heading up and organizing this event. He is considered the Best Hydrofoil Rider in the world today, he is also a MasterCraft Team Skier as the new MasterCraft website displays.
You can check him out online at www.foiltime.com

The format will be a little different in this event. WakeBoarding will
also be feartured.

Hope to see many MasterCraft Owners out there !!

tex
01-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Longdive competition! Wow-Great wrecks!

BrianM
01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
What is Long Diving??

tex
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
You go over the jump on skis that only have front toe pieces. You kick out and just fly. It makes for great crashes when guys add flips and other acts to it. Sometimes called bailout or peddle. Wow have I taken some major hits doing these in the past!

rodltg2
01-10-2006, 01:28 PM
what? that sounds insane. i dont see how you come out of that one with out getting your bell rung.

Kevin 89MC
01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Our ski show team does them often. I know I'll never do them. I don't know how they recruit someone to do it, or why they keep doing them. Someone's gonna get really hurt, maybe paralyzed. One time the guy rotated a bit, landed head first, but with his legs pointed up in the air. Not sure how he avoided breaking his back or neck. Not pretty. One of those things like the "world's wildest crashes" shows on Spike TV, where I know I shouldn't watch it, but I just can't help myself!

Jim@BAWS
01-10-2006, 06:04 PM
It is not that big of a deal if you don't dive. No one dives
Only jumps...

Jim@BAWS

rodltg2
01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
whats the purpose of this event? is it just for audience entertainement.?

Davo
01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Sounds like quality entertainment to me. I've never seen hardcore foiling in person either - that alone might be worth the drive.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-10-2006, 09:25 PM
We used to call them watermelons and go into a mid-air tuck.

A word of warning....If you ever try one. Make sure you don't have your tounge hanging out when you leave the ramp! :eek3:

tex
01-11-2006, 08:32 AM
I used to go headfirst all the time....I guess that explains it...