PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Rub Rail

richardsoncd
01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Has anyone replaced the rubrail on there boat, especially anyone with a stars and stripes? If so, where did you find the track and rubber, what was the cost, and what is involved (is it a do it yourselfer)? Thanks.

martini
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
You can get exact replacements, inserts or entire kit, at http://www.tacomarine.com/.

I bought insert replacement from them and it was a perfect match and fit. The insert runs about $50 or so. An entire kit will cost over $200 I believe. Ordered it through Boater's World.

JEREMY79
01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I redid mine on my 79. I got the entire kit from Taco Marine. Black rail with a white insert, it was like 175.00 If I remember right. I got it from a local dealer. Very easy to do it yourself, just is a whole, whole lot eaiser with tow people, and a hot bucket of water.

richardsoncd
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Jeremy-did you just get the universal...do you have any pics? Mine is just so beat up it looks horrible with chunks taken out in some places. I would love to use chrome railing but I think that might be tough.

JEREMY79
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
yeah chrome is tough. there is some pics in my gallery I think there is a few that you can see the rub-rail. I matched what I had to the closest thing they had, was pretty close to exact.