PDA

View Full Version : buddy took the plunge

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 04:06 PM
got the call yesterday moring at 6am to " get up to reno, i'm getting married" so i get up there and we have the fastest bachelor party ever. hit the hotel lobby bar at 8am and made it to the chapel by 11. what a sucker.

lakes Rick
01-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I try to warn people about doing stupid things....

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 06:44 PM
we tried to get him arrested to keep him form going through with. i guess puking in a change bucket at the bar after a shot of crown isnt enough to get you arrested, not even kicked out ,in reno.

lakes Rick
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
we tried to get him arrested to keep him form going through with. i guess puking in a change bucket at the bar after a shot of crown isnt enough to get you arrested, not even kicked out ,in reno.

Sounds like a good time, at least when I was younger anyway..

Another poor soul who will be asking in a few years if any of us know of a "good lawyer" ( besides Eastie).......

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 09:23 PM
your probably right. it was fun. spontanoeous trips are always fun

lakes Rick
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Rod, you get the feeling all the other guys on here are married?? Everyone is afraid to respond to this....Wussy's, all of em.....

BriEOD
01-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Everyone is afraid to respond to this....Wussy's, all of em.....
Bawk, Bawk... :D

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Rod, you get the feeling all the other guys on here are married?? Everyone is afraid to respond to this....Wussy's, all of em.....

Alright, Rick's called the old married folks out. Let me check with my wife to see if it's okay to respond. What's that, Honey, let him have it? Okay, if you say so.

I tend to have misgivings about the guy and gal who get married at the drop of the hat, i.e., calls you at 6 a.m. saying, "Hurry up and get your tux!" So yeah, were he my buddy, and assuming this wasn't someone he'd been dating for years on end, or otherwise, someone I knew, I might, after a few stiff drinks at 8 a.m. in the lobby of the hotel, speak my mind. Again, depends on the friend. I tend to call that realm the "none of my damn business" though.

But from a general standpoint, and in response to the Wussy comment... I tried fried catfish, and it didn't work out well for me. I'm not going to eat catfish anymore. But if some of you guys on here want to go out and eat fried catfish, while I may not join you, I'm hardly going to call you stupid for doing it. Good luck. I hope it doesn't give you the runs.

I'll take it a step further. Hypothetically, mauve isn't the color I'd have chosen for my boat, but if someone happens to have a mauve-colored boat, I'm not going to equate it to a lack of intelligence on his part. 8p

You know I'm just giving you a hard time, Rick.
/ ;) ;), nudge nudge

BriEOD
01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Uh yeah, I'm not sure getting marriend on a whim is the way to go. I hope it wasn't to a stripper.

Married life is good. I've got no complaints.

I've even let my wife read some of Rick's comments. She says that Rick is not a pig because he is single and honest (not that you care Rick I'm sure). She has a problem with the married guys that act single.

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
She has a problem with the married guys that act single.

Yeah, my wife doesn't like it when I go to bars and get shot down all night. ;)

/considers himself a very lucky married man.

BriEOD
01-10-2006, 11:07 AM

Right, while she is at home taking care of a baby. :rolleyes:

sizzler
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
married guys acting single?????

"let he who is without sin,cast the first stone"

;) ;) ;)

rick s.
01-10-2006, 12:09 PM
And besides, what's wrong with with strippers?

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Right, while she is at home taking care of a baby. :rolleyes:

Hey, how do you know all this? ;)

rodltg2
01-10-2006, 12:44 PM
i should maybe clarify that the couple has been engaged for over a year and lived together for about 4. i think someone must have mentioned " what are you waitng for " and must have caught him in a good mood to get it done .

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 02:23 PM
That's a whole different bag of marbles then.

lakes Rick
01-10-2006, 07:25 PM
She says that Rick is not a pig

Damn right I am not... Does she have a sister??????

lakes Rick
01-10-2006, 07:26 PM

/considers himself a very lucky married man.

My EX didn't like it either.......

lakes Rick
01-10-2006, 07:27 PM
And besides, what's wrong with with strippers?

NUTHIN at ALL... Just don't marry em......