PDA

View Full Version : tige dealer

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 04:02 PM
looks like a tige dealer moved right next door to my local mc dealer. i wonder how this will effect their boat sales. it could help by bringing in more boat buying foot traffic to the area, on the other hand it may hurt them when a perspective boat buyer sees that he can buy a cheaper boat next door. by the way dont make it a "mc 's are so much better than tige thread"

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Why pay for a tige when you can just go dig them out of the ice for free.

:)

River Rat
01-09-2006, 04:04 PM

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

twieder
01-09-2006, 04:07 PM

Ouch glad thats not my boat! Just remind people as they walk into that tige dealer they get what they pay for!

MYMC
01-09-2006, 04:12 PM
on the other hand it may hurt them when a perspective boat buyer sees that he can buy a cheaper boat next door

Cheaper? Built yes...price...no. If you price them boat to boat and option to option there is very, very little price difference.

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Cheaper? Built yes...price...no. If you price them boat to boat and option to option there is very, very little price difference.

really ?, i thought they would cost a lot less. ive never shopped one .dont they strill use wood stringers. i would never consider one since they dont make a decent slalom boat. i dont care if jamie skiis one or not.

G-man
01-09-2006, 04:26 PM
How often do you see a row of car dealers on a street? It generally will bring more customers to an area and increase your chances of a sale. IMHO Heck you think it bothers Darrel Moore in Houston to care Bu and Mastercraft, I think not. Tige's do have fiberglass stringers now, but the boats are ugly.

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
2002 was the last year for glass encased wood stringers in Tige. I don't ever recall them being price-point boats either. To the contrary, I remembered them to be kind of expensive. That may be what MYMC is saying.

/edit. Okay, upon further research, they are cheaper by about $10K for the 20i. Our lakes don't freeze around here, so not much chance of my picking one up.

RexDog1
01-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I think it will be good for the MC dealer
Tige is 3rd maybe 4th in the towboat line in quality :twocents:
If you are going to spend $50,000 + on a new boat you should do
Your homework the cost differences is very close to a MC
I went through this last year and I was surprised how close
The price on a MC and A Tige were
if you are looking apples to apples

Granite_33
01-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Tiges use a composite stringer system. No wood.

I think its Ski Supreme that uses wood stringers.

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 05:20 PM
i think it will be good too. hopefully they'll have a better proshop and it will be better for me too.

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 05:27 PM

Actually, I misspoke, Tige was still using wood stringers as of 2003. To quote the WSM 2003 Boat Buyers' Guide,

"We use a wood-based product called an XL panel in our stringers and floors that is fully encapsulated in fiberglass."

MYMC
01-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Tige used wooden stringers till the end of the 2003 model year.
2004 and forward have used glass stringers. (same with the floors)

They have never been marketed as a "price point boat" although I seem to remember they were coming out with a "price point line". If you view standard options and go boat to boat, option to option they are no less expensive.

jmyers
01-09-2006, 05:58 PM

Sanger is the wood stringer boat! They say it is better and fiberglass isn't as strong and they are traditional! OK! :rolleyes:

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 06:27 PM
does ski supreme even make a "ski" boat? i dont have the buyers guide yet so i havent seen there line up.

jmyers
01-09-2006, 06:31 PM
does ski supreme even make a "ski" boat? i dont have the buyers guide yet so i havent seen there line up.
Yea, they also have the Sky Supreme's! They are ok boats, I wasen't impressed when I was shopping boats.

bigmac
01-09-2006, 06:41 PM
There's a Malibu dealer going in up here, about 15 miles from the MasterCraft dealer, 10 miles from the SupraMoomba dealer, 5 miles from the Ski Centurion dealer and right next door to the new Harley Davidson dealership. It's going to be a branch of the Minneapolis Malibu dealer, and the word is that he was receiving relentless pressure from Malibu HQ to build it.

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 06:50 PM
it looks like my area is turning into boat alley. mc dealer has been here for years. powerboats store came and went ( i dont think offshore boats sell very well inland ), but now there is a cobalt dealer, and a tige dealer blocks away form each other. i think its a good thing. maybe i should turn my new building into boat dealer instead of a granite and marble store.

Byrdman
01-10-2006, 09:40 AM
it looks like my area is turning into boat alley. mc dealer has been here for years. powerboats store came and went ( i dont think offshore boats sell very well inland ), but now there is a cobalt dealer, and a tige dealer blocks away form each other. i think its a good thing. maybe i should turn my new building into boat dealer instead of a granite and marble store.
"We use a wood-based product called an XL panel in our stringers and floors that is fully encapsulated in fiberglass.

Is that what they are calling partical-board these days????

G-man
01-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't mock XL panel. It is used in large boat construction because of it's quality.

east tx skier
01-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I recalled hearing that the use of wood stringers long after most boat builders had gone to glass was due to the perception (right or wrong) that the wood had favorable noise and vibration dampening qualities.

baedriver
01-10-2006, 11:35 AM
My friend and I went to the tige,mc,bu, dealership yesterday. He has always owned IO's and now wants to switch. He really like the look of the 22ve that tige made but the price if I am not mistaken was around 57K for that much you can option out lots of MC,bu,and SN. I know what decision I would make (x star). He has never even driven an inboard or a v drive so before he spends that much he better test drive.

My 197 started production today can't wait!!

mitch
01-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Sanger is the wood stringer boat! They say it is better and fiberglass isn't as strong and they are traditional! OK! :rolleyes:

Sanger seems to have a pretty loyal following on the west coast. The one time I was on the delta, I saw many. They looked pretty nice :o

Leroy
01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Not exactly sure where your shop is, but along I-80 near Rocklin there are a lot of boat dealers!

rodltg2
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Not exactly sure where your shop is, but along I-80 near Rocklin there are a lot of boat dealers!

thats where i am at, but there a not alot of boat dealers. there has only been one cope's ( mc's) for along time. then about 2 years ago a powerboats store came in but they are out of business now. cobalt just opened about a month ago and the tige dealer is setting up as we speak. so there will be 3 now.

you maybe confused with highway 50 , there are alot of dealers over there. malibu, tige, sanger, supreme, regal, nautique....