PDA

View Full Version : Houston boat show

Robert Averyt
01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow what a great Mastercraft display.
I have never seen such big inboard boats.
I was surprised I did not see any ski boats at the Mastercraft display. Unless I missed it I did not even see a 197. Of the entire show I only saw one closed bow ski boat, and it was a Nautique. I guess my 190 is rare.

Of the displays I saw, the Mastercraft one was the best. They had two boats on a frame about 14 feet in the air. You could see them from just about any where in the building. Large screen tv playing skiing and boarding video.

This was the 50th Houston show and Mastercraft should be proud of thier display.

In my home town we do not have anyone who handles top end ski stuff.
I was hoping to do some shopping for ropes and gloves and I wanted to look over the new skis. I was really disappointed. There was only one small booth with this type stuff and not much 3 event stuff.

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 11:56 AM
The last two years I've checked, the Houston MC dealer has not had a 197 on the showroom floor. So it would not surprise me that they didn't have one at the show. It's a shame for us ski enthusiasts.

Robert Averyt
01-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Hey Doug,

Great game the other night.

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Robert. I played really hard! ;)

I hear Texas is not only retiring #10, but the entire quarterback position altogether. We're just going to snap the ball to one of our 24 running backs now that Vince is officially gone. ;)

Also heard a rumor that the Texans might try to trade Carr for Ricky Williams and a 2nd round pick. Also rumors of Gregg Davis going to the Texas. Ah, rumors, rumors, rumors.

123src
01-09-2006, 02:00 PM
I went to the Portland, Oregon boat show yesterday.

I must admit that the Mastercraft booth was one of the most elaborate, impressive, and well designed to draw crowds, but I was dissapointed that every boat was a "wakeboard edition". I understand that for inboard boats, this is the money making trend, but I would think, like Robert, that they would at least have a 197 there to appease us skiing enthusiasts.

I still bought a new hat from them, so I must not of been too horribly dissapointed!!

Anyway, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents!

PS Both Malibu and Natique had their open bow ski boats (w/o towers) at the show.... but no closed bow skiers.....

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 02:57 PM
The Houston MC dealer is also a 'bu dealer and has had the 'bu open bow ski boat on the showroom floor for the last two years when I dropped by there. I'm always disappointed by the absence of the 197. Brochures only get me so excited.

River Rat
01-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I was impressed with their Display as well, Those X-80 were massive. My buddy and I were standing by a Supra and not realizing the salesman was coming up behind me I made a comment about the $65,000 price tag being too high for this boat. First thing he said was “yea but it’s cheaper than a MasterCraft” to which I replied “in more ways than one” :D He didn’t say a word he just moved on to the next customer! I to noticed that the displays were geared more at the wake board market. Just about every inboard had a tower with boards in it, and a lot of I/O had towers as well.

Ric
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Shame to hear that regarding the lack of ski boats and 3 event gear Robert, I was going to head down there this weekend but why??????

Here is a link to the houston boat show homepage (http://www.houstonboatshows.com) which I saw prior to reading Robert's post
Houston MC dealer is HUGE and it's booth is the one pic with the blue "Marine" banner in the looping pics on the home page. They basically fill that entire pic.

I stopped the film and couldn't spot a ski boat in that entire photo

(I lied I think I see a ski boat in the top left of the pic.... Robert is that a babblyboo?)